“Different fast food!”

El Pollo Loco
Ranked #22 of 66 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We tried this fast food because it was close to our lodge. And it was really amazing experience we choose family menu where you get almost 2 chickens choppes to smaller pieces with 3 side dishes , drink and free salsa. For like 30 bucks it was amazing. Taste of the chicken was awesome , next time we choose different side dish because brocoli was kinda weird but all other things were great. Service was fast and they stop by few times if we need something or they just bring wet towels or mints. Thank you

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Decent food, usually a little better than Taco Bell, lots of different choices on the menu. Prices are similar to most fast food joints. The chicken bowls are probably my favorite thing here, burritos are also pretty good. Worth checking out if your looking for a change up from the regular fast food choices.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Whenever I get the chance I have to satisfy my craving since there isn't one where I live. Love the Chicken Tortilla Soup but just the regular pieces if chicken are my favorite.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

What can you say bad about zesty broiled chicken breast with rice and beans. Yum!
My favorite condiment is the green avocado/tomatillo sauce for dipping chicken or chips.
This place must be popular because it was quite crowded at 2PM. Service was fast.
I feel they are a bit pricey but hey I was on vaca..

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were looking for a place to grab a bite while waiting to check into the hotel. We found El Pollo Loco. I had seen several of these around so I wanted to try it out. I had the 1/2 chicken. The pricing was reasonable and the chicken was very good. I had cole slaw which was fine, but nothing spectacular. The fries were pretty typical fries in a fast food restaurant. I tried the horchata drink and thought it was very tasty. It is rather sweet, so if you are dieting, I doubt you will want it as it seems to have quite a bit of sugar in it. The only thing puzzling to me was the fact they served tortillas with the meal. I really did not see anything to use them for. My wife had the chicken salad. She thought it was fine, but she is not much of a fan of Mexican cuisine.