Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Action Zipline Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Action Zipline Tours
from $129.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Every person we dealt with was genuinely nice. You can't take anything with you so make sure to eat SOMEthing since you'll be gone for 3 hours.

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank ragnlunatic
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We took our older boys (16 & 17) zip lining. It was everyone's 1st time. The whole experience was awesome. The guides were absolutely fabulous. Defiantly recommend this. The price was about $100 a person

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Big Bear for his 40th birthday this past weekend and we did both the Segway and Zipline tours.

Segway

Pros- Our guide Chris was awesome. He was a fun guide and I enjoyed the tour around Big Bear Lake. He took some great pictures of us both on and off of the Segways. Safety was clearly stressed and a big priority.

Cons- Although safety was stressed, I still got injured when my Segway tilted over going up an incline. It was my fault in that I did not properly dismount from the Segway when it started to tilt. I panicked. The Segway toppled on me, pinning me to the ground and badly bruising both of my legs, scraping my elbow. This being said, I never felt 100% confident on the Segways.

This is not a passive experience, it is more on par with skateboarding or rollerblading. There is a high probability of falling when learning. We heard this from pretty much everyone we encountered in Big Bear, including staff at the zipline. It's not to say that you will have a major accident, but be prepared for the possibility of scrapes and bruises. I think that if I had more experience, my confidence level would have been fine. Two hours was not enough to ease the nerves.

I think Action did the best they could to give us a great experience and minimize accidents. I was able to finish the tour and when we returned to the office, Chris gave me ice packs for my injuries.

Zipline

Pros- Fantastic tour guides, I never felt unsafe or that safety was not a priority. The guides were fun, but also really nice about not pushing me when I momentarily freaked out. They were supportive! There are nine ziplines and the excursion lasted nearly three hours, which felt like a great value for money. We liked that they had a professional photographer. It's located in a beautiful location.

Cons- really only one- I wish that the pictures at the end of the tour had been better organized. It added about another half an hour of waiting around the Action office as we went through all of the tour pictures. It's probably cost prohibitive, but it would have been nice if we could have viewed the pictures on the ride back in the van and then been ready to purchase when we got back to the office. We almost didn't wait to see the pictures, because we wanted to head out to lunch!

I'm glad that I did it, but Ziplining was far outside of my comfort zone. It wasn't the heights and I had trust in the equipment/guides...it was the speed and worrying about breaking. I was shaking after the first few lines and didn't get comfortable until the last two. We are very unlikely to do zipling again, but I am glad that I experienced it through Action. Good company and great guides.

TIP- We were told to wear bright colors for pictures. We did this on both excursions and our pictures really looked great.

Please visit my blog for a more extensive review of the zipline and Segway with pictures! Also tons on our Big Bear weekend!

Date of experience: July 2013
4  Thank Karen H
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I found a deal on the zipline tour from Groupon, which was great because I didn't even know there was a zipline in Big Bear!! My husband and I have wanted to do a zipline adventure again ever since we did one in Costa Rica. And Big Bear is only 1 1/2 hours away from home.
I don't really want to compare to Costa Rica because it is different, but I may use it a little as a reference.

First off, the staff was really friendly and the experience was a lot of fun. There was a large group the day we went,18 people total, so there was a bit of a wait for each zipline. The scenery was lovely, I just wish we had been higher up in the trees. The platforms are built on tall metal posts and not around the trees like in Costa Rica. With all the people it made the platforms wobble, so that was a little unsettling. I didn't care for the suspension bridge at all, but at least I can say I did it. The ziplines themselves were plentiful and long so that provided a nice long zipline adventure. I really think the more the better when it comes to ziplines!! Plus the longer ones give you more time to enjoy everything. The only sad part is you can't bring cameras or cell phones for pictures because it is a safety issue (which I totally understand), but I wish I would have known that it was okay to attach a Gopro camera to your helmet. That would have been awesome!! They do take a lot of pictures at $5 each or $45 for the entire disc.They do not print any picture for you. I just picked my 3 favorites, which they put on a disc. Overall, it was great fun and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a nice long zipline experience without the travel time to Costa Rica!!

Date of experience: April 2013
3  Thank hotellover13
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I sent my wife and daughter here as a birthday present. My wife, who is an adventurous scaredy cat, was made to feel safe. Her safety and direction made her able to appreciate the entire tour. She loved it. Mind you, if you were with her on the trip you got a great chuckle because she is a screamer.

My daughter loved it also. So, from 16 to 46 and from seasoned verteran to scared beginner, Action Zipline made the trip a complete joy.

WATCH OUT FOR GROUPONS! They offer great deals.

Date of experience: April 2013