“A great location in the village”
Review of Robinhood Resort

Robinhood Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed July 3, 2007

My husband, five year old son and I stayed here for three nights. It is really in a great location. You can walk to the village and it's little shops and restaurants and across the street is the marina.

The room was large. It is not luxurious but it is also not that expensive. Our room did not have a/c but it did have celing fans and that was fine even in the 90+ heat. The room was clean but the carpet
needs to be replaced or at least cleaned. There is free wi/fi.

The spa was open but you had to request the key. We found the management friendly and helpful. We were not overwhelmingly impressed
by the restaurant.

My son had a ball fishing from the bank by the marina. He caught lots
of decent size fish.

We especially liked our meal at Jasper's barbecue restaurant. My husband is from the south and they had great sweet tea! I would also recommend the Moonridge Animal Park.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank chimera22
There are newer reviews for Robinhood Resort

Reviewed April 17, 2007

I had read all of the reviews on the Robinhood resort here on TripAdvisor, so placed a call and booked a room! I was upsold to a "deluxe room" for the "discount rate of $125" per night. I was told the room was "very nice" and featured a fireplace and a hot tub.

Unfortunately, the deluxe room wasn't so deluxe. The building was old, the carpet stained, the furnishings ugly and the paint peeling and cracking in the bathroom. I was astonished that this place got so many positive reviews, because my room did not qualify for top-quality lodging status. The room indeed had a hot tub - a big green plastic thing in the middle of the room, right next to the bed.

The bathroom and kitchenette area are featureless. I was disappointed to find a small rug in the bathroom that had a dirty footprint on it and found some long dark hairs in the shower. The couch and dining chairs seem like they were purchased at a flea market. Dusty dried flowers hung above the bed.

The wireless internet service worked well and the hotel is well situated, but there seem to be far better choices in Big Bear than this establishment.

The hotel certainly does not cater to travelers who plan to dress up to go out or to business travelers: rooms do not have irons or ironing boards. When I called the desk to ask if an ironing board could be brought to my room, I was told I had to come to get it myself. They only had those small tabletop dorm room-style ironing boards. The irons were full of mineral deposits that left spots on our clothes.

It's not the worst place to stay, but I certainly wouldn't return, and you'll probably get a room of similar quality at a local low-end chain hotel.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
19  Thank ParticularSFTraveler
Reviewed April 7, 2007

What a friendly place! All the staff we have met are keen to help. We needed extra space for my son, and the manager sorted it all out with minutes, by upgrading us to a brilliant room. No messing. I can recommend staying here. By the way, Snow Summit was still open up to 8th April, and Big Bear still has snow until the 14th... Plent y to do, and not at all crowded. Worth coming late in the season. Peter

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank porterin
Reviewed January 25, 2007

It is a VERY small and simple motel (know this before going) but it is in a great location and is perfect for what it is. It is right down the street from a great pub, restaurants, movie theater(s), and quaint shops. My husband and I live on the coast about 2.5 hours away and often visit this motel just to get away.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank oojuliefoo
Reviewed December 1, 2006

stayed for two nights in feb this year on atrip fron LA. Had a fab room away from the main hotel, Huge room with lovely fire place. The whole town was so so quiet, we felt like the only guests! The outdoor hot tub was out of action, but did not bother us. Its in a fab locaction and we would stay again. A word of warning some of the hotels or condo are a long long way from town, so check your location!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JamesBond0007
Reviewed August 20, 2006

For the perfect weekend (or longer) getaway I would highly recommend the Robinhood Resort. The staff are people oriented & go out of their way to accommodate young & not so young. Recent DVD's are available to watch in your room; coffee & pastries are provided in the lobby for an early morn "snack" & the rooms are clean & the beds are comfy!
The on site restaurant offers wonderful meals (try the seafod linguini) ...I thought I had died & gone to heaven!
The location of the Robinhood is perfect! You can walk across the street to the lake or to the villiage, which is just a few steps away.
Our room had a fireplace, which we've used before when the weather warranted. I've stayed there before and will stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank travellove2
Reviewed August 20, 2006

The Robinhood Resort in Big Bear Lake is the perfect place to stay!!
Everything was so perfect, I don't even know where to begin. My husband , myself, and our son stayed in The Sherwood Forest part of the hotel. A beautiful room with a king bed, fireplace, spa tub, and a beautiful view of the lake from the balcony. The room was so beautifully decorated and so Clean!!! That's really important to me, cleanliness, our room was spotless! Comfort is another important thing. The bed was big and comfy, the linens were so soft and pretty. They also offer room service, but we chose to walk across the parking lot to the restaurant, Nottinghams. The food was unbelievable!! The restaurant was also so nicely decorated, the staff was so friendly and the service was excellent! We had a late lunch/early dinner upon our arrival. We went about our day, and decided to go to Little Johns Tavern in the evening for some late night snacks and drinks. There was a good band playing, and once again, the food and service was spectacular!! Try the carmelized brie with bread and apples! After a soak in the spa tub, we were so relaxed, I had the best sleep ever. We woke up to watch the sunrise over the lake, and there was fresh coffee and danish in the lobby. After that we decided to dine once more at Nottinghams for breakfast, I didn't think I could be so impressed by one restaurant, but everything had been so perfect , why go anywhere else? That's what was nice too, everything you need is right there. My only regret is I wish we could have stayed longer. Next time we will. I could go on and on about how wonderful it was. It was a perfect family get away, also the perfect place for a romantic get away. I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone who plans to stay in Big Bear. Laura Johnsen

9  Thank boblaj
Vintage Lakeside Inn
Vintage Lakeside Inn
#10 of 19 in Big Bear Region
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort

Been to Robinhood Resort? Share your experiences!