“Very convienient for the working individual”
Review of Robinhood Resort

Robinhood Resort
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I liked this hotel for the simple fact that I work on weekends and many of the days that I want to hit the slopes are days after I get off a long shift. This hotel always has someone on duty to check you in all through the night so when I got off work at 9pm on Sunday and I didn’t arrive at Big Bear until 2 in the morning I was happy to be greeted by an attendant to hand me my key and to direct us to our room. I’ve been to a few different places in Big Bear that just leave your key in an envelope with a map to your room. But never mind that, when you get up in the morning and want to make it to the parking lot before they close off the main on and have you shuttled in on trucks, they have a great little breakfast with coffee, orange juice and quick snacks saving you from making a Starbucks run and wasting precious time. I haven’t much to say about the quality of the room itself its just average, equal to motel 6. I wouldn’t go here for a special romantic outing with the significant other.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 18, 2010

My wife, children and I stayed for 2 nights at the Robinhood Resort in one of their Spa Suites. The room was clean, services was terrific, and the price was totally reasonable. We will stay there again!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank stoneinla
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I loved the spa room. Great jacuzzi. Huge flat screen TV. Comfortable Bed. We will stay here next time we are in Big Bear.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funinMV
Reviewed January 9, 2010

My friend and I decided to stay here for a night after a long day of skiing. I wasn't too concerned with how nice the rooms were going to be, since I just wanted a place to crash for the night. As I expected from some of the reviews here, the room was no better than an average motel 6. The beds were not extremely comfortable, but were not uncomfortable either. The heater in the room would either heat the room to 80 degrees or not at all. My biggest problem however was the fact that there were a lot of teens running up and down the stairwell (right next to our room), and yelling/screaming throughout the night (until about 2am). I could not believe that the hotel management would let that go on for so long. Needless to say, I did not get any sleep at all! When my friend and I checked out the next morning, the guy at the desk did not even ask how our night went. He just took our keys and told us we could go. For almost $100 for one night, I would have thought my friend and I would have at least been able to get a decent nights sleep. I would Never recommend spending anytime at this expensive motel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank ockat88
Reviewed February 9, 2009

We stayed her over a snowy weekend in February and had a great time. It is not a luxory hotel by any means, but I am not sure those exist in Big Bear. And we definitely did not pay luxory prices so it was a great value. The only negatives were that the rooms were a little outdated and the bed was a bit uncomfortable. BUT the great price, fireplace in the room, and cleanliness more than made up for it! The best part about the hotel was definitely the location. We walked to great restaurants and bars. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back for another stay!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nmvaline
Reviewed January 3, 2009

After reading the reviews on this web site I booked a one night stay at this hotel. All I can say is that the positive reviews listed here are entirely off base. The Robinhood Resort is a glorified motel 6. The room we stayed in was cramped and small for 4 people (room 14). The carpet was clearly dirty and needed to be cleaned. The sheets looked like they were washed 1000 times and were not made in this century. The mattresses were old and needed to be replaced. On the positive side the old wall heater worked pretty well and the location of the hotel was good because it is near to some good restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank jgvcm
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Stayed at the Robinhood Resort Saturday and Sunday night. This hotel is walking distance to the marina and the village. Room 28 (cozy and clean) has a jacuzzi and a gas fireplace. The hot water is fast and very hot at the tap. The lake view (not a full view) is over and through the trees across the street and partially blocked by another hotel across the street. Main office building has a room with a nice fireplace and comfortable seating and dvd/vhs library. The people are very nice and helpful. Only issue was that the pilot light in the heater blew out each day. Overall, this is a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
Noon Lodge at Mallard Bay
Noon Lodge at Mallard Bay
#3 of 7 in Big Bear Lake

Been to Robinhood Resort? Share your experiences!