The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
Robinhood Resort(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$60
Big Bear Frontier(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Travelocity
Pine Knot Guest Ranch(Big Bear Lake)(Great Value!)
$129
Official Site
$41
TripAdvisor
Grey Squirrel Resort(Big Bear Region)
$110
Orbitz.com
Cozy Hollow Lodge(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$81
$79
Orbitz.com
Marina Resort(Big Bear Region)(Great Value!)
$109
$105
Vintage Lakeside Inn(Big Bear Region)
$59
Noon Lodge at Mallard Bay(Big Bear Lake)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbig bearbalcony overlooking the poolhotel restaurantwithin walking distancebit datedrestaurants and shopsroom ratevillage areagas fireplacerustic feelgrouponjacuzzilodgeslopessnowwintermicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Went here for the weekend. Shaun at the front desk gave impeccable service. We visit 4 and 5 star resorts as we like to travel as a rule, and this was comparable. Loved our room. Was rustic with a mountain charm. There is a group of us who will be visiting Big Bear monthly as a friend of ours has become senior pastor at a nearby church. This will be our accommodation of choice. Thank you for a pleasant stay. Thank you Shaun for the personal service. See you soon.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The exterior of the resort and the location are the best thing this resort has going for itself. The rest of our 2 night weekend stay was just mediocre. I was impressed with the room size. We had a double queen room overlooking the pool. We stayed in late March 2014 and when I checked in, I heard the desk person say there were only 3 rooms available that night (Saturday night).

Saturday night was a bit noisy in the hotel. We could hear our neighbors pretty easily and could hear water turning on and off constantly (maybe it was the neighbor's toilet flushing). Sunday night was much quieter, presumably because the hotel was nearly empty.

The decor is rustic log cabin type and it fits the area well but I wouldn't say the furnishings were even nice - just average. The bathroom had vinyl flooring.

Pros:
Great location inside "The Village" with very short walking distance to tons of shops and restaurants/cafes. The lake is probably a 1/2 mile walk in the other direction
Large Rooms (double queen, at least)

Cons:
Paper thin walls
Weak shower pressure
Stillwells restaurant food (don't get the sausage for breakfast; pancakes were good though)
Outdated decor (vinyl floor in bathroom)

Would I stay here again? Probably not. I'd spend the extra money on a cabin and buy groceries to save money on eating out every meal. You'll probably break even.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor if you can. I pitied the people below us as our 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl have no idea how to tip toe.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2014

What a great place to bring the family. Everyone from Desk personnel to maids said hi how are you and if you need anything, anything at all let me know! Has restuarant Stillwell's on site for breakfast, lunch, dinner.

Room Tip: Ask about things to do very informative about local entertainment for the whole family
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Travis J, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

I'm delighted to hear that you and your family had a positive experience with us at our resort. We take our reviews very seriously, and it means a lot to us that a guest would take the time out of their own day to express such kind words on our behalf. I truly hope that we'll be seeing you again!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I am confused by the good reviews. This is an old, dilapidated motel with indoor halls. No resort amenities. The exterior is falling apart. The inside is barely a counter to check in with service un-oriented clerks and long creepy, low halls. Our sliding door to the parking lot (courtyard) literally has a view of a wall. Three steps out our door is a wall! The bathrooms are 1970s laminate and fiberglass. I can say it appears clean. If you are expecting a resort "hotel" with resort amenities, this is not the place for you. We were very disappointed. P.s. Don't show up before 4pm...they won't let you in. And if you tell them you don't understand how none of the rooms can be ready when the hotel parking lot is empty, you will get the room with a view of a wall.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank BagJust4shoes
Travis J, Guest Relations Manager at The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

First and foremost, I'd like to proffer my deepest apologies for the inconveniences and discomfort you had while staying at Northwoods. A resort, by definition, is "a place that is a popular destination for vacations or recreation, or which is frequented for a particular purpose." In addition to being a place popular for vacations and recreation, we consider ourselves above and beyond the average hotel— amenities such as a fully equipped restaurant with room service, conference rooms and a ballroom, an on-site arcade, pool, sauna, and spa, as well as our exercise room are just a few of the features which set us aside from a standard hotel. I'm very sorry if you were unable to enjoy these during your stay, however, and I truly hope you'll visit again and experience these first-hand.

The room views differ in each of our 147 rooms. Naturally, guests are partial to certain views over others. For example, some people prefer the room you stayed in due to its sliding glass door with direct access to the pool. My suggestion for you is to call us directly after booking your room so that you are able to request and select the room, floor, and view for yourself (while instantaneously getting recommendations from our front desk agents).

I've currently taken over the management of the rooms side of the resort, and due to reviews, such as this one, I've altered the early check-in policy. Now, we will do whatever is within our ability to check people into rooms early, whether this involves switching rooms, swapping them with other reservations, or contacting housekeeping to expedite the cleaning process. We can accommodate nearly every guest who wishes to have an early check-in.

I'd like to thank you for your review and to let you know that the comments are directly impacting the policies I implement at the resort. I hope you'll visit us again and experience these changes yourself.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed where with my family in December 2013, and we all enjoyed our stay.

The property is located at the edge of the Big Bear Village. It’s a very short walk to the shops and restaurant.

The Hotel is a 4 story, “V” shaped resort. It has a very nice rustic ski lodge resort decor and feel. The resort is well maintained, and very comfortable. It has a heated pool and jacuzzi in the front of the resort. Stillwell’s restaurant is located directly on the property. They have signs indicating a coin operated washer and dryer room would be opening soon. They have a very small gym, which was a converted hotel room, which is open from 7am-10pm. There is a Universal weight machine, an elliptical machine, a life cycle, and a sauna. They also have a very small resort logo gift shop. Overall the resort had a nice ambiance and feel.

Our room was located on the 4th floor. It was very small and well maintained. It had a very rustic feel. There was gas fireplace, iron & board, a coffeemaker, a small tube television with basic channels only. It had a small closet and very limited drawer space. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only real negatives about the room was that it had a high table with high chairs, neither were comfortable or practical. There were also some high windows, but no view.

The bathroom was also very small, but clean and well maintained. The sink was located outside of the tub/shower/toilet area. The fixtures were older, and there was a blow dryer.

This resort has a great location if you want to spend time in the Village. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. This was my second stay at this resort, and my family and I enjoyed both visits.

We would stay here again, and would recommend this resort to our family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SNAFU23

First and foremost, I'd like to thank you for your review. It means a lot to us that guests take the time out of their own day to provide us with a comprehensive, constructive, and positive review.

Just to give you an update, the onsite laundry machine is officially up and running. Also, we're in the process of upgrading the mezzanine's (our fourth floor) televisions in order to provide premium channels to the rooms; we're very excited about this and we hope you are, too.

I expect the next time you stay you'll be exceptionally satisfied with the renovations which we continually pursue in order to progressively improve the resort. Thank you for your patronage, your review, and your support— we're looking forward to your next stay with us.