“A fantastic welcome and lovely decor”

The Fox & Goose Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Wigley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: With an intriguing history, amazing panoramic views and romantic setting. The Fox and Goose provides a wedding venue, fine dining restaurant and pub in the heart of the peak district.
“A fantastic welcome and lovely decor”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Came here for lunch prior to going on a walk, the lovely girl behind the bar was extremely helpful and polite and allowed us to store motorbike gear whilst we went for the walk. The food was great and good value, the menu had some great favourites and some things different. If definitely come back again.

• Visited April 2013

Belper, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!!! But Shame I had to sit by the pass...”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wow! What an experience! Great wine, great staff, great service, great food, great view!!!

Went for Mothering Sunday and were treated so well!! I had amazing pâté, scrumptious turkey and delightful creme brûlée.

My only criticism is where my table was... Right in front of the pass. I saw everyone's meals being plated up and the bell dinging every time it was ready. I think they need to reconsider this.

I will make sure I request somewhere else to sit on my return...

• Visited March 2013
CraigLChestefield, General Manager at The Fox & Goose Inn, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for visiting us for Mothering Sunday lunch and taking the time to submit a review. You were seated at what we call our 'Kitchen Table ' which is normally requested by those who would like to interact with our chefs and watch your dishes be prepared , however we realise this isn't for everyone and are installing a curtain to provide privacy when requested. We are delighted you enjoyed the spectacular views that our new Orangery provides and hope you will visit us again soon to enjoy our new Spring Menus.

Many thanks
Lynne Brooks
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“enjoyed”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My partner and I visited one lunch time for the specials they offer. All in all a lovely meal,good price and value for money, will return in the future.The staff was vet helpful and a fabulous experience. The food was of good quality and was served promptly. The locate is fabulous. We have a family wedding there this yet and are very much looking forward to it. I would highly recommended this location and to have a meal.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Anthony J
Nottingham, UK
“Will be returning”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We dined here on a Saturday afternoon for a late leisurely lunch after visiting the nearby Linacre Reservoirs. We weren't disappointed one bit; good service, lovely food and al fresco dining as it was a sunny yet cold March afternoon. If only we lived closer we'd be regulars for sure!!

Wirksworth, United Kingdom
“Very nice atmosphere, service good, food expensive and of mixed quality”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a great pub for views, atmosphere, roaring fire etc. For a party of six, the food for five was ok/quite nice. I just have to talk about the goats cheese salad!
For nine pounds (the "large" plate), I received a small leafy salad (which could have been straight out of a bag from the supermarket) with some basic dressing, three small pieces of hard/cold melba toast, four cherry tomatoes (slightly above room temperature) and three piles of what seemed to be cold greek yoghurt. Apparently this was the goats cheese :-S

Edible, yes; but a five year old could have thrown this meal together. No point complaining there and then, as (a) it would have spoiled the meal for everyone else and (b) if the "chef" thought that was a goats cheese salad, who knows what might have arrived in it's place?

Maybe just an off day, but feeling pretty ripped off...

• Visited February 2013