Review Highlights
Skydive for life

The most amazing thing I have ever experienced! My instructor, Lucas, was brilliant. All staff were... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
orlagh_oregan
via mobile
Skydiving for the Fearless One & the Terrified One

My husband Archie and I went tandem skydiving last saturday the 24 Aug 19, it was the weirdest... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Josephine S
Alcudia

All reviews pool table height instructor photos skydiving plane
Selected filters
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

Very helpful right throughout booking process. Gave quick step by step assistance.

After a dreadful experience elsewhere, I have no problem recommending this club to friends and family!

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank mickdubswitz
Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

I would like to say a huge thank you to the Irish Parachute Club.  I'm scared of heights and dared myself to do a skydive as part of Today FM's Dare to Care campaign for the Irish Cancer Society.  All the guys at the IPC were brilliant especially tandem master Brian McKee who looked after me so well :-)

I arrived at the IPC bright and early, completed the paperwork, got the gear on and did the training.  I was so nervous but Brian had lots of reassuring words and plenty of jokes, so I began to calm down.

There was a bit of a wait while the first 'load' got going.  I was on the 2nd 'load' and we were very lucky with the weather. Got on board the plane and not too long until we reached height.  There were some solo skydivers and they went out first, then it was my turn.  No time to think and I didn't have to...just listened to Brian's instructions and put my trust in him.

It happened so quickly, we were at the door, I had to hold tight on to the harness, put my head back and then we were out! The feeling of free falling was amazing, exhilarating, a rush.  I can't really explain it.  Then Brian released the parachute and we were in the clouds. Time flew (!) and before I knew it we were back on solid ground.

Before I went home I got a disc with lots of photos of my skydive.  The quality of the photos is amazing.  The DVD of my skydive is due to arrive in the post any day now and I can't wait to see it!

The whole experience was incredible and I would not hesitate to recommend the IPC to anyone considering a skydive :-)

My friend bought a voucher from a completely different skydive company (also mentioned in some of the other reviews) and to date still hasn't been able to redeem her voucher.  The customer service she experienced was awful....the complete opposite to my experience.

Date of experience: September 2016
2  Thank Footprints5002
Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

Took part in a charity skydive down here..

It was a long day due to the number of others taking part for the event..

The staff were very friendly and the facilities are great.. a small cafe/restaurant and next door, a 'common' room with tv, pool table and comfortable seating all round the room..

I've already signed up for next year!!!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed August 7, 2016

We bought our son a present of a tandem skydive for his 18th Birthday! His first jump date was cancelled on the previous day due to forecasted weather conditions. They advise that you contact them prior to travelling to the venue to ensure that weather conditions will be good. They don't have an expiry date on the voucher which is a huge bonus, given the Irish weather! This is one of the reasons we choose the Irish parachute club over other Skydive venues. On arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant lady who checked us in and explained that we would have a long wait as the club was busy with a large volume of people due to do fun jumps and tandem jumps on the day. We had been told to expect this during the booking process. Our sons jump was booked for 12 noon, however He didn't actually jump until 7.30 pm. At check in we were offered the choice of having photographs and/or DVD taken of the jump. We opted to have both which costs 110 euro. Sounded expensive at the time, but I can honestly say it was worth it. A camera man jumps along side the tandem jumper and captures every bit of emotion and exhilaration experienced during the jump.. A great way to relive the experience and share it with everyone! There are good toilet and lounge facilities available. There is a small canteen which serves a limited range of foods and soft drinks. A packed lunch is advisable. All staff that we encountered on the day were exceptionally friendly, helpful and informative. We were given regular updates on progress, with each group divided into' loads' we had a rough idea of the waiting time. Although this can change dramatically if they have to go on weather hold. The training for the jump took approximately 15 minutes and once ;kitted out' the fun began!! He was accompanied on his jump by Tony, who was excellent not only to our son but to his nervous parents! The camera man( and I am sorry I cant remember his name) explained his role and was so pleasant and informative, All of the staff we met at the preparation zone were truly amazing. Finally I had better mention the actual jump! .Well to quote our 18 year old 'It was unreal, amazing, class, savage, fantastic, all rolled into one!! Thank you to all the wonderful, professional staff of the Irish Parachute club.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed July 3, 2016

Last year I had a horrible time with that shower down in Kilkenny, I didn't want that to spoil my skydive memories so decided to try again with Skydive.ie in Co Offaly. Really glad I did, they were miles better both as a company and as people. Everybody was really friendly, everything was well organised and professional and I couldn't fault anything.

As usual the weather meant that our drop was delayed most of the day, but we got regular updates from the staff and they treated all questions with courtesy and friendliness. It was also our 2nd time trying to jump, and unlike that dishonest lot in Kilkenny there were no issues at all with vouchers or booking. Once bought the voucher does not expire, no sneaky hidden charges or expiry dates, we simply spoke to them and they worked with us to find a date that suited.

The facilities were also miles better, they have a proper canteen and a clubhouse with sofas for waiting around, plus proper toilet facilites. All vital when you are waiting on the Irish weather.

I perhaps shouldn't mention other companies when reviewing but the difference between the two is by far the best compliment I can give Skydive.ie, they restored my faith in Irish Skydiving and I would heartily recommend them to anybody wanting to do a tandem skydive. Many thanks to everybody there, especially Pete for getting me safely to the ground!

Date of experience: July 2016