The Vineyard Retreat
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Broeiras
See available hotels
Hotel Comendador(Bombarral)
Hotel Louro(Obidos)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Karen and Andy, our hosts, were fantastic. They took the time to tell us about the area, recommend a fantastic, well priced restaurant and give us all the room and time we needed to sort ourselves out.
Travelling with my 2 teenage daughters, this B & B was a wonderful, peaceful end to our trip around Portugal.
Karen also does Rieki, Massage and Aromatherapy treatments which we were hoping to take advantage of. Due to a back injury, that was not possible, but it in no way made our stay any less enjoyable.
A lovely breakfast followed one of the most comfortable nights we had had in weeks.
The Vineyard Retreat is a hidden gem set in beautiful surroundings. A "must stay" B & B!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2010

While visiting my daughter in Tomar we decided it would be nice to spend a couple of days near the coast . The vineyard retreat is nicely placed to visit the coast and the many historic towns. My french friend not knowing the very british custom of early morning tea took the cups and biscuits to be for breakfast!! and was then amazed when he saw what was all on the breakfast table. I even got some of my much loved marmite !. The view out of the dinning room window is rather spoilt by a parked caravan and the smell of incense could be a little less for me. But having said that we were very warmly received by Andy and Karen, they are a charming couple and nothing is to much bother. Karen gave us plates etc for our picnic. The bedroom was very pleasant with everything you need to make your stay comfortable. I wish them the very best with their future plans and if I ever go to that area again I will certainly stay with them.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My partner and I are looking to retire to Portugal and this was our first e xploratory trip. Karen and Andy could not have been more helpful, providing us with directions and information about the area as well as a really comprehensive array of information and maps. They were always welcoming and friendly even though Karen was obviously in a lot of pain with a bad back. The house was not only spotless and comfortable but the karma as peaceful and calm. The extension is coming along nicely and I am looking forward to arranging some yoga holidays for my students whenever it is finished as the setting is both stunning and the studio promises to be to the same high standard as the rest of the accommodation and welcome. Thanks guys for a wonderful week and we hope to see you again soon when we come to view some properties of our own! Lynne and Dave

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lynneoverett
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I visited the vineyard retreat at the beinning of this year with my husband- we came because we were going through a stressul time and were definitely in need of some relaxation- we both had treatments with karen which were fantastic and there's such a wonderful karma about the place and Karen and Andy are so friendly and welcoming, we came away feeling totally destressed and happy- They have plans to expand the treatment centre and create a retreat with more therapies available- Can't wait!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Andy and Karen made us most welcome and provided us with lots of helpful information regarding the area and searching for property (this being the main purpose of our visit), they also arranged property inspections on our behalf with a local estate agent.
The house is in a beautiful countryside location and easy to find following the instructions provided.The rooms are spacious ,finished to a high standard and spotlessly clean.
A good choice for breakfast set us up for each day.
Andy and Karen are wiiling to turn their hands to just about anything to to make a success of their business and we wish them well.
Hopefully we will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple