“The Vineyard Retreat - peace and relaxation in the country”

The Vineyard Retreat
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broeiras
The Vineyard Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Broeiras B&B and Inns
Ontario
“The Vineyard Retreat - peace and relaxation in the country”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Karen and Andy, our hosts, were fantastic. They took the time to tell us about the area, recommend a fantastic, well priced restaurant and give us all the room and time we needed to sort ourselves out.
Travelling with my 2 teenage daughters, this B & B was a wonderful, peaceful end to our trip around Portugal.
Karen also does Rieki, Massage and Aromatherapy treatments which we were hoping to take advantage of. Due to a back injury, that was not possible, but it in no way made our stay any less enjoyable.
A lovely breakfast followed one of the most comfortable nights we had had in weeks.
The Vineyard Retreat is a hidden gem set in beautiful surroundings. A "must stay" B & B!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Solo
laufenburg
Reviewed October 28, 2010

While visiting my daughter in Tomar we decided it would be nice to spend a couple of days near the coast . The vineyard retreat is nicely placed to visit the coast and the many historic towns. My french friend not knowing the very british custom of early morning tea took the cups and biscuits to be for breakfast!! and was then amazed when he saw what was all on the breakfast table. I even got some of my much loved marmite !. The view out of the dinning room window is rather spoilt by a parked caravan and the smell of incense could be a little less for me. But having said that we were very warmly received by Andy and Karen, they are a charming couple and nothing is to much bother. Karen gave us plates etc for our picnic. The bedroom was very pleasant with everything you need to make your stay comfortable. I wish them the very best with their future plans and if I ever go to that area again I will certainly stay with them.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2010

My partner and I are looking to retire to Portugal and this was our first e xploratory trip. Karen and Andy could not have been more helpful, providing us with directions and information about the area as well as a really comprehensive array of information and maps. They were always welcoming and friendly even though Karen was obviously in a lot of pain with a bad back. The house was not only spotless and comfortable but the karma as peaceful and calm. The extension is coming along nicely and I am looking forward to arranging some yoga holidays for my students whenever it is finished as the setting is both stunning and the studio promises to be to the same high standard as the rest of the accommodation and welcome. Thanks guys for a wonderful week and we hope to see you again soon when we come to view some properties of our own! Lynne and Dave

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynneoverett
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I visited the vineyard retreat at the beinning of this year with my husband- we came because we were going through a stressul time and were definitely in need of some relaxation- we both had treatments with karen which were fantastic and there's such a wonderful karma about the place and Karen and Andy are so friendly and welcoming, we came away feeling totally destressed and happy- They have plans to expand the treatment centre and create a retreat with more therapies available- Can't wait!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Andy and Karen made us most welcome and provided us with lots of helpful information regarding the area and searching for property (this being the main purpose of our visit), they also arranged property inspections on our behalf with a local estate agent.
The house is in a beautiful countryside location and easy to find following the instructions provided.The rooms are spacious ,finished to a high standard and spotlessly clean.
A good choice for breakfast set us up for each day.
Andy and Karen are wiiling to turn their hands to just about anything to to make a success of their business and we wish them well.
Hopefully we will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Sompting, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2010

We stayed at the Vineyard Retreat during the time of the volcanic eruption and our flight home was cancelled. The warm and friendly couple, Andy and Karen, who run the retreat were so helpful, accommodating us for an extra night and even helping us to make alternative arrangements so we could drive home. While we were there we had some fantastic walks through beautiful countryside. The views from the house are stunning and the house itself is modern and very comfortable. Karen is a qualified aromatherapist and offers the guests various treatments - I had a really relaxing massage. We had a great breakfast every morning - it certainly set us up for the 2,300km journey home! We didn't want to leave and are looking forward to our next visit. Many thanks for a truly memorable stay. Nick and Amanda Munday

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaMunday
Belgium
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We didn't spend the night here, but my children and I came for the massage treatments. The house feels as if it's in the middle of nowhere, which is nice if you are coming for treatments or walking holidays. It is infact not too far from Obidos and Caldas da Reina. The instructions they give you to get there are very clear - so don't let location put you off! Inside however it's very comfortable and welcoming. We were greeted very warmly by Karen and Andy. The massages were relaxing and gorgeous. We all came out floating. The prices are so reasonable. There was a choice of massage oils depending on what effect you desire. The treatments include aromatherapy, reflexology and localised massages. While I was having my massage Andy went beyond the call of duty, keeping my two girls entertained with board games, dvd (and crisps), so I was able to relax. He was also a fund of information about the local area. They are an extremely hardworking and easy-going couple and I hope the Vineyard Retreat works for them.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Vineyard Retreat? Share your experiences!