“Amazing experience for my first Surf Camp!”
Review of Peniche Surf Camp

Peniche Surf Camp
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Baleal
More attraction details
Owner description: All year surf camp with surf school on the best and most consistent surf spot in Portugal.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 30, 2012

After surfing in Cornwall back in early 2011, I knew i wanted to get more out of my surfing so I came up with the idea of going to a surf camp and wow was it a good one!

The instructors and staff at Peniche Surf camp are second to none, Tiago and Ralph were great teachers and I learnt loads that the Cornish schools didn't teach me.

I also bought a surfboard while i was out in Peniche from FiftyEight, only issue is British Airways wouldnt accept it back on the plane but Peniche Surf camp were kind enough to get it shipped back to the UK for me (amazingly packaged at that)

I'll be returning in October once the renovations have been done, see you again soon guys =D

All reviews
"moments"
"approach"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed November 27, 2011

We went as a group of four,with each of us mixed levels of surfing, I was a beginner.
T he accommodation is spot on and the location exactly the same,just a few mins walk from the beach and local shops and bars.
The staff and instructors are very helpful and experienced.They take you to the best spots and are very patient in their teaching.
The camp puts on a great BBQ each week which gives everyone the chance to get to know each other,there we people from all over the world there,so the social life is great as well.
If you are going to Portugal to surf then this is the camp you want to attend.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

We are regular visitors to Portugal, and now my daughter is 11, she wanted to have a go at surfing. So wanting to make sure I was doing the right thing, I checked out all the surf clubs/camps/schools and just on my initial impression thought that PSC would be the one to go for. October 2011 was our second visit to PSC and they are brilliant. My daughter loves surfing. loves the instructors - especially Anita and Diego, and the whole atmosphere is one of going to the beach to have a load of fun with your mates- while learning to surf. In our experience, I would say they are especially good at teaching beginners.

1  Thank Rob C
Reviewed November 15, 2011

There are a lot of place to surf in the world but if want make your holiday special.... Go to peniche surf camp!! It's the right place for each surfer! You can find whatever you want...
Peniche surf camp has capable instructors and everyone is friendly and always helpful!
During the day the best thing to do is to go surfing with the surf camp because they will bring you to the right spot and you can have more fun than go surfing alone!
Also at night you'll have a lot of fun!
There are some pubs on the beach where you can dance and drink but be carefull that the next day you'll have to go surfing!
Twice a week the camp organizes also a fantastic barbecue where you eat and drink all together!
So, What are you waiting for??
Just book and go!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I first went to Peniche Surf Camp in June 2011 and I liked it so much that I went again in September 2011. Peniche Surf Camp is really very well organized: the airport transfer, the transport to the different surfspots, the Surf School etc.
The accomodation was great: clean appartment, fully equiped kitchen, two bathrooms, a huge veranda with a grill and it was in walking distance to the Surf School meeting point.
The people at the reception were very friendly and helpful. Starting with their professionality concernig e-mail requests, over to easy check-ins and payment business etc.
The Surf School was well organized. The teachers were friendly, they were skilled in teaching and surfing, they were interested in teaching us the essential steps of learning how to surf, etc. We had video sessions throughout the week and feedback sessions to improve our skills. We also had an expression session in which we competed against each other and could win prizes. Most of all: we had lots of fun!
The barbeques on tuesdays and fridays at the surf camp are a must! Great food and atmosphere. You can also buy photos of you surfing from the Surf Camp photographer. There are yoga classe you can attend. There even is a surf-science class once a week, that gives a professional insight to surf material, different boards, different shapes etc.
It was my first time surfing and Peniche Surf Camp gave me this, until then unknown, surf-fever. I think about surfing everyday and and cannot imagine spending a day at the beach without surfing. I'll be back soon!
I recommend Peniche Surf Camp to anyone who wants to have a good time and lots of fun!!! cheers

1  Thank Sandra R