“Fantastic experience We nearly”
Review of The Gatekeeper

The Gatekeeper
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Fantastic experience
We nearly didn’t based on the last few reviews but I’m unsure why their experience seems so bad because this venue is faultless. We had a great table close to the fire. The choices were brilliant the Chicken Leek pie just delicious

Great service and really great value. Definitely recommend this just amazing

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (334)

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Arrived at 12:00 on Boxing Day to find the manager and one other tucking into something smelly for lunch behind the bar: not a good, professional image. Also found ourselves surrounded by loud, meaningless un-seasonal music.

We sat in front of a fire which must be the only real fire to not throw out any heat whatsoever and was able to have decorations in front of it with no damage!

Ordered coffee and a wine (which were expensive) and was given a dirty cup. If I wasn't depressed when I went in, I was when we left!

1  Thank Frohlix
Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

booked table for 4 in the window , yes that's fine was the reply but when we arrived we had been given a table by the public toilets.it just got worse , heating in the pub was off and we asked and the reply was we will see what we can do.The service was very slow for us ,another family arrived after us and were given there main course before us. considering the poor service , lack of heating , no welcome open fire , unfriendly response to our requests , we won't be returning. huge gap under the door which let in cold air ,response we can't block door it's a fire exit.
Having said all this the food was okay but not a Christmas menu ?

1  Thank JACKIE270
Reviewed December 17, 2019 via mobile

We stayed overnight at Beachborough Park for early Eurotunnel
Recommeat eat here
Good service tasty food and lovely traditional dog friendly English pub feel warm fire
Would use again

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Well firstly I want to thank the staff of this delightful traditional English pub, for sorting out a table for me and my family at such a busy time of the year, to celebrate Christmas by having dinner.

I’ve never been to this place before and I visit my family a lot in Folkestone and Hythe a lot every year!

What a well kept unspoiled secret English tradition pub with unrivalled service, this place is! And the verity of beers on sale is fantastic (my recommendation is the Canterbury Kentish Beer, it’s really fruity).

The place looks lovely extra special at this time of year, decorated and with three cosy fire places and a bar in the middle your be more than warmed up quick and jovel in next to no time especially with the service!

Trust me this place along with the staff, the verity of alcohol, food is special and you will feel at home straight away.