“Lovely hosts and accommodation”
Review of Stoneleigh Barn

Stoneleigh Barn
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely hosts and accommodation”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Booked this bed & breakfast for two nights at Easter. Lovely accommodation, welcoming hosts, big breakfast that filled us up for the day! Our room was a family room that slept the three of us with our own ensuite bathroom. It was modern, clean, cosy and very welcoming. We could not fault our stay at this beautiful barn and would definately stay again whenever we return to Dorset.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked this as a family as we were guests at a wedding nearby. Brilliant choice! Torunn couldn't have been more helpful before and during our stay; organising taxis, accommodating our brother in law and family in a separate booking for the same night, organising a beautiful vegetarian breakfast and being friendly and welcoming without being over bearing and intrusive. Loved the house, the location and the stay! My only very minor (if I was being picky, being put on the spot and had to come up with something) niggle, would be our bed was a little bit squeaky and woke me up when I rolled over! We would without doubt stay again! Thanks :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Lovely accommodation - clean, all facilities, beautiful décor. Homemade cake on arrival, freshly baked bread and fresh fruit salad for breakfast (as well as all the usual choices). Very welcoming and helpful host. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at Stoneleigh Barn for 3 nights in April, and we absolutely loved it. We had our own private family suite with two rooms and a bathroom, all of which were impeccably clean and beautifully decorated, complete with TVs and homemade cookies. There was a small fridge in our room, in which we stored our left-over dinner from the neighboring pub (yum!). Torunn, who runs the B&B, was so friendly and really made us feel welcome. I didn't want to leave to come home! In the morning, she cooked us the MOST delicious breakfasts. My father got the Full English breakfast every morning, and I couldn't get enough of the local sausages. I'm having withdrawals from those breakfasts already. The proximity to Sherborne was perfect; we had the benefit of being five minutes from town, while having a quiet place to sleep at night. If we find ourselves back in Sherborne, we will without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed ay Stoneleigh Barn in late March 2013 for a couple of nights. Torunn, our hostess, was a very warm, welcoming lady who instantly made us feel at home. Our room was spacious and comfortable, the decor was fresh and new, and it had a good sized en-suite. Torunn went to a great deal of trouble to provide us with food for breakfast that met with our dietary requirements. My husband is a vegetarian, so he had a very generous plate of scrambled eggs (from their own chickens), with mushrooms and tomato. I don't eat wheat, so Torunn obtained a wheat free loaf so that I could have toast with my breakfast. I had the eggs with Norwegian smoked salmon, which was delicious.

I personally found the main road a little disturbing as the traffic noise started quite early, however, it didn't bother my husband.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at stoneleigh barns in April. We found the accommodation was of excellent standard blending a traditional barn with contemporary decor and feel. The breakfasts were lovely and set us up perfectly for a day of activities. Torunn is a warm and friendly host and was always there to help in making our stay an absolute pleasure. Overall we couldn't recommend it highly enough and is perfect if you have child (there's a lovely garden for them to explore Special mention to Nellie the little dog who our daughter adored. We will definately return and will be recommending this superb bed and breakfast to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Newmarket, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at Stoneleigh Barn with my husband, our 7-month-old daughter, and my parents over a weekend. We were very impressed with the decor and space in our room and my parents were very comfortable in their room as well. We loved the amenities provided, especially the small refrigerator that we were able to store our baby's food in. The baby cot and high chair provided were of great quality. Torunn and David were simply wonderful hosts and made us all feel very welcome like old friends of the family. We had a wonderful time visiting Sherborne and would definitely stay at Stoneleigh Barn again if our travels take us back that way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Alweston
The Bakehouse
The Bakehouse
#8 of 24 in Sherborne

Been to Stoneleigh Barn? Share your experiences!