“The Best Local Authentic Caribbean with a Creole flare!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yvette's Restaurant

Yvette's Restaurant
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
mass
“The Best Local Authentic Caribbean with a Creole flare!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

If you want a local feel with authentic Caribbean with a Creole flare, then you should eat here. Locals and vacationers alike were here. My Husband had the garlic shrimp and my daughter had the creole snapper filet & I had the conch & dumplings was just perfect along with the johnny cakes and homemade pepper sauce., & Everything was cooked perfectly and delicious!
Great food every time, One of the Great Authentic caribbean food on the Island.
The staff always pleasant and helpful, and the price is great :)

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank joliee25

“Don't go to St. Martin without eating at Yvette's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Located in the small town of Quartier D'Orleans on the French side, I was intrigued simply we love New Orleans and the French Quarter, and I wondered if there was any connection to this town in St. Martin. I had read about this restaurant on Trip Advisor and some of the dishes, like creole chicken, sounded mouth watering! We made it a point to have dinner at Yvette's and try out their version of Creole cuisine. The restaurant is in a quaint little house off the main road, and we were immediately seated. We ordered creole chicken, curry chicken, all which came with a side salad, rice & peas, and the prized Johnny Cakes. All the food we ordered, along with big bottles of water, came out to no more than a $30 tab, a great value especially for the French side. They are cash-only, so be prepared for that, but the entire experience is worth the minor inconvenience. The staff was so friendly and our meal was just as I guessed it would be: mouth watering! Oh, and while I discovered the island's version of Creole is not like Louisiana's version, let's just say I need to get my hands on Yvette's cook book so I can learn to make it at home!

1 Thank eyecandyphotog
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gotta Go to Yvette's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I loved the food at Yvette's. You have to visit Yvette's while in St. Martin. Mr. Felix, the owner and Chef is so nice and pleasant. Yvette's is in a house and when dining, you feel as though you are at home, your mom's home or your favorite Auntie's home. I ate there twice for dinner or Thursday, July 24 and Saturday, July 26. Both times I had the pan-fried fillet snapper with rice and beans, french fries, fried plantaines and johnny cakes (OMG the fried plantaines and johnny cakes, mmmmh great). My meal was delicious each time. My girlfriend had the stewed strimp, lite on the garlic each time. She said her meal was great each time as well. The food was always fresh and made to order. Our meals for two came to $48 or July 24 and $38 on July 26. We ate a lot our first night, including my girlfriend having dessert. You gotta go to Yvette's. You will get large portions and a great meal for the price. Bring cash because Yvette's, like many restaurants in St. Martin, does not accept credit.

1 Thank Jacquelyn H
h
“very nice, caribbean ambiance and very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a great lunch chez Yvette. The restaurant looks like an ordinary house, at first we thought we were wrong, but indeed at the left of the building there was the dining room.
I read some reviews mentioning a lot of tourists, but when we were there we were the only white people in the restaurant, which was nice and added to the ambiance. All the others (every table was taken) seemed to be locals, families and people on their own having a quick lunch during their break.
The food was good and hearty. Our children loved the ribs and the johnny cakes. After the ribs they completely finished their plate of chicken curry, loved it! I had the snapper with creole sauce: super!
The service is great: a lovely young man, kind and serious, together with an older man (his father?) with sweet laughing eyes.
Very good!

1 Thank davida12H
“Lo-Lo restaurants on St Martin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

In our opinion, this is the best meal we had while on our 14 day stay in St Martin. First off, what's a Lo-Lo. Its a restaurant that is low cost home cooking that the locals frequent also. Thus a Lo-Lo.
Yvette's is located one block off the highway in Orleans quarter. Turn at the sign just north of the church and cemetery then look for the pink trimmed front porch. Sadly, Yvette Hyman passed away in 1999, but her food lives on through her family and friends.
There were six of us dining in June 2014 and each one had something different but everyone had positive comments on the flavors and quality of the food. From Johnny Cakes to ribs to chicken, steaks and seafood, all had the local home cooked flavors of the island.
The total bill was $65 for all six; easily the cheapest meal we had on the island. By the time we left, locals were waiting for a table. Give yourself plenty of time as each table's order is prepared fresh.
Worth looking up as part of your visit to St Martin.
There are five or so other Lo-Los in Grand Case also. All equally amazing!

• Visited June 2014