“Great Quality and Service!”

Lake Lounge Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I ate at the Lake Lounge last month on a busy Friday evening and it was a first class meal! We were a party of four and the service was superb. Small things that we didn't have to ask for - finger bowls with the spare ribs, steak knives with the steak, checking on us without being intrusive. The peppered steak salad was deliclious and the wines were excellent.
Brilliant value for money and we would definitely return.
Fiona

1  Thank Fiona M
There are newer reviews for Lake Lounge Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Lake Lounge Cafe, or Lake Lounge Bar & Restaurant
it doesn’t matter what it calls itself the question is
what is it - Cafe or Restaurant?
As a cafe it works well, a good range of drinks,
relaxed atmosphere, good food, nice accommodating
staff, service and prices OK. Ticks all the boxes for a
drop-in after a visit to Hollingworth Lake. You should
not mistake the place for a “Pie and chip’s” establishment
the Lake Lounge Cafe / Restaurant with its Wine Bar feel has
pretensions to be a haunt of the discerning and to that end is
more than a match for it’s all to evident neighbouring competition.
As a Restaurant however then the jury is still out.
Recent re-launch has made a difference but when you visit
an establishment where you expect to eat quality food with a
certain level of intimacy then the Cafe Lounge is a case of “close but no cigar”.
Maybe the best is yet to come as the place has only been
opened just over 12 months. My advice for what it’s worth would
be to try the place out for Lunch or a drink even an impromptu light
evening meal before elevating your expectations
to that of quality Restaurant level or a venue for a special occasion.
My mind tells me to give a 3 star rating, but my desire for this place
to succeed tells me to give 4 star

2  Thank terry s
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a meal in the restaurant on a Tuesday...I am surprised that more people do not do early doors at this fabulous place to eat..It has an ambience that no other restaurant has around the lake..The staff are friendly and attentive, the meals are F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. And I found the bill realistic and fair for what we had.As I live locally to this restaurant I will definitely be frequenting it again and again..Give it try and I promise you will not be disappointed..Try it during happy hour between 4 and 7...

2  Thank Brian M
Reviewed October 18, 2013

turned up here on wednesday after a day of fishing and what can i say but thank you to all members of staff for the welcome and hospitality that was given to our fishing party , drinks choices were very good but as i am a fosters drinker i would tend to be biased :) , food choices we had were excellent . tasty, hot and well presented and what i found to be a reasonable price . next time i am in the area i will call by to sample the new menu and do a follow up on here . once again thank you to all the staff that were working that night for the great experience and welcome you gave

2  Thank 71spike
Reviewed October 13, 2013

just a quick note to say what a lovely meal we had last night, all 4 of us really enjoyed it, the staff could not do enough for us, we will be returning very soon, new menu comes out next week (18th October 2013) so we are already planning another return!!

1  Thank GrahamMCFC580426