“Disapointing service”

Cafe Demetris
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Established in 2007, Demetris was born from a passion for great Greek and Cypriot food and for a love of music and dance by Stewart "Demo" Demetriades. We offer traditional home made English and Greek food including all day breakfast. Some Saturday nights we have our famous Greek nights with live bouzouki band, plate smashing and party games. We have a fully licensed bar offering a range of Greek beers, continental wines and spirits.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I can't review the food because I never had the opportunity to try any! I arranged to meet my sister here on her lunch break. My Mum, daughter and I arrived 20 minutes earlier than my sister, to get a table and pre-order. We were told we would have to wait, and wait we did.... We asked the waitress (an older lady who appeared to be in charge) to save a table for us if anyone left, and we sat on the wall outside in the outside seating area which was fully occupied. Every time one of the three waitresses came out we asked about the table, to be met with blank faces. They all promised to let us know. The coffee never turned up. My sister arrived so I went in to find out what the hold up was and realised they had been giving tables to people coming in from the other side of the cafe! We finally got a table forty minutes later, and lo! the coffee arrived (which was very nice in fairness). We ordered but were getting a bit worried about the time. I asked how long food would be and the waitress scowled at me "I don't know"... I paid for our coffees and we left. We had a picnic on a park bench instead! The funniest part was that my Mum had just come back from Dubai where customer service in restaurants is friendly, efficient and doesn't make you feel like you are doing them a huge favour!

2  Thank Starkadder

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This has to be my most favourite local place to eat. I love the food the atmosphere and the banter with the friendly staff. The menu covers traditional English and Greek food. There is always something new to look at with all the little trinkets and ornaments to make you feel like you are in a real Cypriot Taverna. In the Summer its lovely to sit out in the courtyard and enjoy a lovely meal and a glass of wine. The Greek nights are a must, great food, entertainment, Greek dancing and of course plate smashing!!! Definitely recommend this place.......you wont be disappointed :)

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Best breakfast in Littleborough by a mile!! Been to other places selling breakfast and they're nowhere near as good, Coach House gets my business every time.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

A small group of us booked in at this place to celebrate our Christmas 'night out' way back in November. We had heard such good reviews so we were looking forward to an excellent evening in good company and marvellous food and entertainment. This never happened!
The place rang up to inform my friend 4 days prior to the event, that our booking was now subject to cancellation by themselves. They had booked in another small group of ladies, alongside a hen party. The hen party of 30+ had informed them if they didn't have the room exclusively, they would go elsewhere! We were given the option of booking ANOTHER date (to suit someone else?I think not), but our evening has been spoilt due to the lack lustre management in taking the bookings, then the shabby way we have been treated. We shall inform others not to book and expect to be treated respectfully or equitably by this poorly organised eating establishment.

2  Thank jeanniwonton
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We have visited Demetris for lunch and breakfast on a number of occasions and decided to organise a group of friends for a Christmas party night. We had an amazing time, great entertainment and food. What a laugh, although some of our group who were seated near the door onto the garden and the speaker for the entertainment, complained of the cold and the overwhelming noise of the music and the DJ. We all agreed that the live Greek music was great as was the food. We would definitely come back for another night but would prefer to be seated on the other side of the room. Overall, a fab night!