“Val`s crowd”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

5 went last night (12/2/2013).Excellent decor,memorable food and service.A really good night out!
We are telling everyone who hasn't been yet to go!The only critisism is that the red wine was cold.A minor point when we all enjoyed the night.

skippy197_12, Owner at The Green Door, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your review I'm glad you had a good time hope to see you again soon

There are newer reviews for The Green Door

Reviewed February 9, 2013

visited last week for the first time,through reading the reviews as our intention initially was to go somewhere else. The first impression from outside I wouldn't have given it another look the plastic flowers in the hanging baskets doesn't do justice for whats inside, both decor and the excellent food and service we all received,the four of us were all pleased with the meal we chose and have recommended to various people already. I will certainly be visiting again for evening meal and also intend to try your lunchtime snacks .

Thank you for your review I hope to see you again soon at the green door

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Attended last night,06/02/13, birthday meal for my beloved. The meal and service was excellent, as had been on a previous visit, the staff also prepared a surprise birthday treat.
We will definitely be attending again soon, when we will be taking friends.This restaurant will be our first choice for further special occasions, it puts some of the others in the area to shame

skippy197_12, Owner at The Green Door, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you very much for your review as a small family restaurant we value your feed back

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a meal for my friends birthday, it was our first time. There were lots of us, they were happy to let us move some tables around so we were closer. The service was fantastic. After we had sang happy birthday to 3 of the people we were with, the waitress came and gave then all a bottle of wine/champagne each which was a wonderful gesture. I had a black pudding dish for starter which was mind blowingly good. My main was average, but I think a bad choice on my behalf. I'd have preferred something my friends had got, but there was about 20 of us and everybody enjoyed them self and we would all return. Thanks.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We took my parents here on Saturday night as a treat for my dad's birthday. We had read the reviews and all agreed we would like to treat ourselves - and we weren't disappointed.
They open at 5.30pm and we had booked a table early, once we arrived the young ladies were very polite and friendly and completely faultless. We were shown to our table, our coats taken and menus provided. We were given enough time to make our minds up and were left to eat our meals before the plates were cleared ( this may sound daft, but some places you go to, the staff are hanging around making you feel you have to rush and as soon as the last piece of cutlery is put on the plate, they whip your plate away - not so, here )and there was time inbetween courses for our food to settle.
The food was lovely and the wine wasn't overpriced at all.
I disagree with the comments of one reviewer in relation to the decor. We thought the dining area was sophisticated without being over the top, and the decoration throughout was tasteful but again not too over the top.
We had a lovely time there, my parents thoroughly enjoyed it and I would recommend it to anyone!

Thank you very much for you kind review hope to see you again soon