“Honest good value pub grub”
Review of The White House

The White House
Cuisines: British
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This old coaching house dates back to 1670 and has been in the Marney family for 30 years!. We are situated high in the Pennine hills on the edge of Littleborough, the Pennine way passes our front door and the 'tour de France' on the 6th july is on our doorstep. We serve quality home cooked meals every lunch time and evening.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Honest good value pub grub”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Not fine dining by any stretch but after a long walk a humongous portion of roast pork for £7.95 did the trick. Lamb Henry was also good. No room for pudding. Had a couple of decent ales on but not a huge selection. Hearty and good value.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mark S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Littleborough, United Kingdom
“Really is the best pub in the north!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Excellent! This pub is one of a kind and is not to be missed. The perfect place for a good feed. Amazing food and great staff who always make you feel welcome.
Portion sizes are large... but i'm certainly not knocking that!
Great atmosphere so good to spend a full evening with friends.
Large menu, although that doesn't deter me from ordering a cumberland sausage everytime. (and malteaser torte for pudding).
The wine is lovely too!

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank helen r
Reigate, United Kingdom
“An amazing Experience”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were taken here as part of a family group on a windy rain swept night in November. The menu was adventurous and the food was rustic, but cooked sublimely. Not only that but when I paid the bill I thought they had missed off a couple of dishes because it was so reasonable. (I checked and they had not) Lovely atmosphere, great food and amazing value. Please keep it a secret.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank PeterReigate
Bolton, United Kingdom
“The best pub food in Greater Manchester”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

After another visit to our favorite eating place , I wanted to say that tonight exceeded all expectations and after eating there regularly for over ten years we have plenty of experience of what to expect , myself and my wife have always enjoyed good quality food and value for money, if there is one chink in their armour then I must say the chips served with our meals are not up to the high standard as the rest of the food , but when the steaks so good I can live with that , overall a must visit pub

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank stedogcolly
Northern England
“not so veggie friendly”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I love this place it reminds me of walks over the moors with my dad. We would stop in for a drink afterwards and usually have to either warm up or dry off. Great location, great food but not so many choices for vegetarians which is a shame. It has a fantastic view over Rochdale also especially in the evening where the lights twinkle below. would recommend to anyone.

• Visited November 2012