“Lovely”
Review of The Rake

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Littleborough
The Rake
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Definately worth the journey from Manchester Sunday evening following recommendations from work colleagues. The temptation is to over order as everything sounds so delicious but the waitress was very helpful advising us of portion sizes. The food was so fresh and tasty as was the Spanish rose and the setting and atmosphere was perfect. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Lots of choice but confusing as you had to write your order on a sheet. This was fine but there was also a specials board and we were not sure whether these were main meals or still tapas as some of the prices were substantially more expensive. We had to ask the waiter for help and he had to get another waitress to go through it with us.

We ordered far too much food but quite honestly with tapas usually you get small portions. The food was lovely and there was something for everyone ranging from meat eaters to veggies, and a 5 year old right upto a 90 year old.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Rake on Saturday evening 18th May, as we were viewing properties in the area. The rooms have been recently renovated to a good standard in a nice location on the edge of the pennines. A booking was made at the tapas restaurant downstairs for the evening, we hadn't arrived until 5-30pm and the restaurant was already fully booked, but the staff were very accomodating and sorted us out with a table for 2 in the bar area for as long as wanted. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was informal, fun, lively and all of the staff very friendly. Also 3 different award winning ales brewed on the premises. What more could we want!....This place is a fantastic experience, and any time I am in the Rochdale I will visit. A very enjoyable evening, with a very comfortable room to stay in.....great value for money.
Criticism......I couldn't reach the velux window in the bathroom, to open it.....and I am 6ft, so maybe there should be a pole and hook to open the window, also the weather was crap!....lol......LOVED IT!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Myself and fiance have just arrived back from dining here at the rake,i couldn,t wait to put a review on trip.. what a beautiful experience in dining tapas we have eaten tapas many times before but nothing like this everything was perfect.also the staff are lovley nothing is too much to ask and also being gluten free there is a very wide choice on menu.we will certainly be returning but next time we will be booking a room so we can chill out even more with a nice bottle of vino :-)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Went here with my husband and daughter. We were all totally absorbed by the atmosphere and ambience of the dining area. It was snowing heavily outside and the roaring wood burner made us feel instantly welcome as did the staff. We have all eaten tapas before but this was infinitely better than our previous experience. Great service and great food. Would definitely recommend and go there again and again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My and my fiancee stayed here because I had eaten here before and loved both the food and the romantic atmosphere. The food was amazing as usual, it was such a romantic evening and we both agree that it was the best date-night we've ever had.
Our room was beautiful. I wish we could have stayed for longer than one night. Stone steps up to our room were a little slippery due to weather and could prove a bit dangerous when tipsy!
The Rake is a place I will remember for the rest of my life as it's cozy, romantic atmosphere and tasty, made-for-sharing food inspired my man to tell me he loved me for the first time.
Memories were created here that I'll never forget and we had a wonderful stay. Staff were attentive but non invasive and we had a lovely chat with the owner the following morning about the natural spring that runs outside the building which he intends on brewing his own beer with.
I already know where we'll be going for our aniversary! :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Have driven past endless times but never popped in until today ...
Will definitely be going again ! Menu was varied with good veggie options and a long list of specials. Friendly service and quality food (fresh and tasty) and homely atmosphere. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Littleborough
The Royal Toby Hotel
#1 of 14 in Rochdale
Fielden Farm Cottages
Fielden Farm Cottages
#1 of 1 in Littleborough

Been to The Rake? Share your experiences!