“1st time not so sure, 2nd time amazing!!”

The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the heart of the Pennines, this loungey little bar and restaurant in Littleborough provides the perfect pitstop for weary sightseers and is a cosy spot popular with locals for intimate evening meals and superb Sunday roasts. The Waterside Restaurant and Bar has a stylish and comfortable interior decorated with chocolate brown sofas and high-backed leather booths for semi-private dining, and there is an al fresco terrace for sunny outdoor dining during the warmer months. Famous for its roasts, the kitchen at Waterside offers a variety of options from the minted lamb shoulder to the salted pork crackling and roasted Tunisian lemon chicken. Fish fans will also love the seafood selection ��� we love the smoked haddock lasagne with Atlantic shrimps and wilted spinach.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“1st time not so sure, 2nd time amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My boyfriend stumbled across the waterside. When we went a few weeks ago we rushed to get there because they stopped serving at 7pm. We got there at 6.55pm. When we arrived there was a table of 4 just leaving. We was seated on the couches next to the door which was a bit odd, considering there was plenty of seating available. Drinks order taken and starters ordered and we were still on the couch. Lisa then told us we would be seated when the starters were ready. We were finally seated but all the way through our meal the staff were pottering about our table and other around as if they were finding something to do which was quite irritating. One of the waitresses brought over my food as forgot what it was. I was sceptical to return but thought everything deserves a second chance. And I'm so glad I did!!! Visited again last night and it was amazing!!! Lisa is very attentive and could not do enough for us! Even sending her husband into the loft to show me which wallpaper is on the walls! Will definitely be returning this weekend hopefully as I cannot get enough! Thanks Lisa!! X

• Visited November 2013

Manchester, England
“Lovely Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went for the first time recently and weren't disappointed. The staff were friendly and efficient and the food was very good. If I have one very small negative comment it is that some of the lightbulbs needed changing and the table wobbled, both easy things to remedy. We will definitely return

• Visited November 2013
Manchester
“Superb Sunday Lunch with friends!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

It had been some 9 years since we last visited this restaurant and we wanted to travel to near where our friends lived for a sunday lunch date.
The service and food were excellent and I would happily recommned the waterside and return.
Our only bug bear was that the Sunday menu was misleading as we thought that two courses meant we could have a main course and a dessert and it didn't it menat a starter and a main course, we were not corrected by our waitress even though we discussed this in her presence she told us she was knew so that many have been why. However we were unpleasantly suprprised at te bill and the separate cost of the desserts. Also get some decent kiddies desserts on the menu rather than just ice cream! We will return but would be back sooner with more famiy if you tweaked the menu to give a 2 course option with desserts!

• Visited October 2013
TheWaterside03, Owner at The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your review . I ( Lisa .. Owner) was out when you came . I am really glad that you enjoyed your meal as our Sunday lunch is a popular menu . We are currently assessing the menu and will be changing it to offer starter and main deal or main and desserts..

I think that the waitress that served you must have been new because kids can have. A smaller version of all our desserts....

Thanks again for your review as we take all points on board ..

Lisa
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Worth the trip - outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had dinner Saturday night with friends, first class food, creative menu and great service. Really good ambience and every table was taken with people waiting for the changeover. It's a bit off the beaten track but definitely worth the trip to find it. The prawns and scallops in garlic and chilli sauce were full of flavour, and the fillet steak, local black pudding and caramelised goats cheese was bot a triumph of taste and a great advert for using top quality, locally sourced ingredients. Every member of staff we dealt with was friendly, welcoming and polite and that really does take some doing - so well done on creating a great atmosphere. All in all, a hidden gem and one to go back to.

Visited November 2013
Thank you so much for your review . I remember clearly you coming in and clearly remember it was an extremely busy evening . I am glad that you enjoyed the waterside experience and glad it was worth your travel .

Lisa ( owner)
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Everything about the waterside is excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I absolutely love visiting the waterside! Each time I go it never disappoints! The food is excellent! The staff are always so friendly and welcoming, and the ambience is so nice and so relaxing. Me and my husband are usually in and out of restaurants within an hour but not at the waterside, we can spend hours in there it is so relaxing. Would definitely recommend! If you want good quality food and service this is the place to go.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lauramitch88

Thanks again for your review as we take all points on board ..

Lisa