“Worth the trip - outstanding”

The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Pennines, this loungey little bar and restaurant in Littleborough provides the perfect pitstop for weary sightseers and is a cosy spot popular with locals for intimate evening meals and superb Sunday roasts. The Waterside Restaurant and Bar has a stylish and comfortable interior decorated with chocolate brown sofas and high-backed leather booths for semi-private dining, and there is an al fresco terrace for sunny outdoor dining during the warmer months. Famous for its roasts, the kitchen at Waterside offers a variety of options from the minted lamb shoulder to the salted pork crackling and roasted Tunisian lemon chicken. Fish fans will also love the seafood selection ��� we love the smoked haddock lasagne with Atlantic shrimps and wilted spinach.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had dinner Saturday night with friends, first class food, creative menu and great service. Really good ambience and every table was taken with people waiting for the changeover. It's a bit off the beaten track but definitely worth the trip to find it. The prawns and scallops in garlic and chilli sauce were full of flavour, and the fillet steak, local black pudding and caramelised goats cheese was bot a triumph of taste and a great advert for using top quality, locally sourced ingredients. Every member of staff we dealt with was friendly, welcoming and polite and that really does take some doing - so well done on creating a great atmosphere. All in all, a hidden gem and one to go back to.

TheWaterside03, Owner at The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your review . I remember clearly you coming in and clearly remember it was an extremely busy evening . I am glad that you enjoyed the waterside experience and glad it was worth your travel .

Lisa ( owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I absolutely love visiting the waterside! Each time I go it never disappoints! The food is excellent! The staff are always so friendly and welcoming, and the ambience is so nice and so relaxing. Me and my husband are usually in and out of restaurants within an hour but not at the waterside, we can spend hours in there it is so relaxing. Would definitely recommend! If you want good quality food and service this is the place to go.

1  Thank Lauramitch88

Thank you so much for your review . I ( Lisa .. Owner) was out when you came . I am really glad that you enjoyed your meal as our Sunday lunch is a popular menu . We are currently assessing the menu and will be changing it to offer starter and main deal or main and desserts..

I think that the waitress that served you must have been new because kids can have. A smaller version of all our desserts....

Thanks again for your review as we take all points on board ..

Lisa

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Eaten at the Waterside twice in the last 6 weeks for a couple of celebrations. The staff were very friendly and attentive and remembered us on our second visit which was nice. A large choice on the A la Carte menu all of which sounded good, and our choices of different steaks were excellent. My usual gripes with this type of restaurant is the size of the portions, but I have no such problems here. We were stuffed at the end and the wallet wasn't overstretched either. Try it you'll like it.

Thank you for taking the time to review the waterside .. Glad you enhjoyed the experience and did not leave hungry .. All our customers comment on the plentiful portions .

Lisa ( owner)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spent another evening at the Waterside this week and I felt the urge to write another review. It was fantastic. The chief makes an absolutely mean pasta that's only available lunchtime and early evening so I don't always get the opportunity to buy it. That being said we want early just so I could order the Pasta with beef slithers !!!! OMG it is to die for. The beef is reasonable size slithers that you get a good bite size and it so great and soft!! It of ones with a choice of pastas and a tasty sauce. It truly is brilliant I love it and can't wait to go back and have it again, I just wanted to share it with you all. get down there and give it a try.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ate here with friends en route to the picture house at Hebden Bridge, sometimes you can be a little anxious when dining with friends on your personal recommendation, but our welcome was very warm on arrival,cosy lounge area for pre dinner drinks,all the staff were "on the ball".
We pre-booked a booth in the restaurant to eat,more intimate and relaxed,the food was enjoyed by everybody especially the mussels and the sea bass wrapped in Parma ham with Mediterranean vegetables and garlic potatoes was outstanding.
The restaurant, the staff and the food could not be faulted by any of us,looking forward to the next time we call in, can't wait.
Thanks again.
Pete & Sue Jolly and friends.