“Fab food, wonderful staff, great venue - we'll be back soon!”

The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the Pennines, this loungey little bar and restaurant in Littleborough provides the perfect pitstop for weary sightseers and is a cosy spot popular with locals for intimate evening meals and superb Sunday roasts. The Waterside Restaurant and Bar has a stylish and comfortable interior decorated with chocolate brown sofas and high-backed leather booths for semi-private dining, and there is an al fresco terrace for sunny outdoor dining during the warmer months. Famous for its roasts, the kitchen at Waterside offers a variety of options from the minted lamb shoulder to the salted pork crackling and roasted Tunisian lemon chicken. Fish fans will also love the seafood selection ��� we love the smoked haddock lasagne with Atlantic shrimps and wilted spinach.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Well thanks to the reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to take my mum and sister ( visiting from Southampton) to this place. We needed somewhere that provided great food with both simple food, not to jazzed up for my mum and also quality veggie dishes for my sis. We were not disappointed, as we walked in, the place had a great ambience and friendly but not overbearing staff. We waited just a short time to be seated and began with some garlic bread and olives, both delicious. My mum commented on how nice the drinks were. The staff were attentive and obviously kept an eye on how fast/slow tables were eating and didn't constantly mither us which is just how I like it. They genuinely seem to want each and everybody to have a wonderful experience. Our main courses were a couple of rib eye steak Sunday lunches - delicious, plentiful and served looking like the chef took pride in each and every dish. My sis had veggie dauphinoise which when I saw it could have turned me - a staunch meat eater into a veggie myself! She said it was delicious. Mum had the mini fish and chips, this was presented on a square slate and looking ever so tasty which mum tucked into with a gusto! We were left for a short while to muse over what desserts to have and ended up choosing the sticky toffee pudding, chocolate fudge and some apple pie. They all came, piping hot with and assortment of custard, cream and ice cream as requested. The apple pie was shared between my mum and my partner and there wasn't a morsel left on either plate! All this and a bill for less than 80 quid?!! Yes you can go to cheaper places but I can honestly say that I couldn't fault this place, the food is portioned on the right side of 'filling', is pleasing on the eyes and gets the taste buds racing into overdrive. In fact seeing some of the starters being served they could pass as mains! If you need any more prompting my sister just texted to thank me and said my mum has been enthusing to all the family on what a great place I had taken them to - big browny points for me - thanks Waterside!! :-)

1  Thank Jonnyconcrete1

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have visited the Waterside now many times but never before for a Sunday lunch. Whilst they still have the fabulous Al 'a carte menu and loads to choose from we were very keen to give the Sunday lunch a try. Well, we were not disappointed it was fantastic. Good size portion of food, extremely tasty and the roast potatoes were fab. As always the staff there are very welcoming and attentive. I would go as far as saying it was the best Sunday lunch we have ever had !! and of course the sticky toffee pudding with ice cream is exquisite. Well Done Waterside xx

1  Thank Bevbutt
TheWaterside03, Manager at The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our Restaurant.

We really hope you enjoyed your visit, to The Waterside. The Sunday lunches, are very popular, certainly the Roast beef. We strive on making each visit an enjoyable one, so thank you for your kind comments.
We hope to see you again soon.
Kaylee (manager)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stopped here for lunch after doing a bit of walking in the snow. We had a platter made up of several dishes including the pesto toasts and camembert which was very nicely presented and delicious. The other half can't resist a cheeseboard and it was exceptional, my only minor criticism being that the home made butters were perhaps TOO flavoursome and overpowered the cheeses a little. I plumped for the hot chocolate which was a nice treat after the morning's chilly exertions! Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Went intending to have 'Sunday Lunch' but instead went for the 'a la carte' - a great move. Started with mussels in a 'to die for' sauce followed by a trio of fish tower. Excellent food and service and a really good atmosphere. Will certainly be returning in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was our second time at The Waterside, and we were not disapointed. The food, service and ambience were very good.