“We will go again very soon!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace

The Waterside Restaurant Bar & Terrace
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the heart of the Pennines, this loungey little bar and restaurant in Littleborough provides the perfect pitstop for weary sightseers and is a cosy spot popular with locals for intimate evening meals and superb Sunday roasts. The Waterside Restaurant and Bar has a stylish and comfortable interior decorated with chocolate brown sofas and high-backed leather booths for semi-private dining, and there is an al fresco terrace for sunny outdoor dining during the warmer months. Famous for its roasts, the kitchen at Waterside offers a variety of options from the minted lamb shoulder to the salted pork crackling and roasted Tunisian lemon chicken. Fish fans will also love the seafood selection ��� we love the smoked haddock lasagne with Atlantic shrimps and wilted spinach.
Manchester
“We will go again very soon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

"Where's Beadle" began my previous restaurant review a few weeks ago after visiting the atrocious Live Bait in Manchester. Well, the only thing this restaurant has in common with Beadle, is that they both deserve a big hand!

If you have a Tastecard this place is good value and they also accept it on Fridays.

My partner and I began with some olives and bread from the small plates menu. Both were lovely and well presented. These would have been adequate starters, but as we had not been before and didn't know what to expect, we ordered starters too.

The starters were delightful, for me, the best part of the experience. I had the seared king scallops and black pudding and my partner had the coconut king prawns. I will be having the same when I return and in all honesty have thought about the next time I can have this dish every day since the meal.

The main dishes took what felt like a while to come, however, it was not an issue, as a bottle of prosecco consumed in such a relaxed atmosphere filled the gap amply. I tried a signature dish "Our Sea Meats Land", a chicken breast fillet in a prawn and scallop cream sauce while my partner had chicken ballotine stuffed with mushrooms and cheese and served with butternut squash tagliatelle. I was pleased with my choice, but not as delighted as I had been with the starter and will try something else next time, while my partner described her dish as "very good". These dishes were both excellent value when using a Tastecard, I may not have felt the same without. To accompany our main meals we also ordered a side of chips with garlic mayonnaise and some seasonal vegetables, these were superb, though, possibly not necessary as the portions were already satisfying.

We took a look at the desert menu, which looked interesting, but we were too full to try anything. Next time we visit, we have decided we will cut something out so we can try some desserts. What to cut out will be a difficult decision. It's also very rare to visit a restaurant of this quality and be too full to eat a desert, this, for me is a positive thing.

The service was attentive and detailed without being overbearing. The owner came over for a chat at the end of our meal and we discussed our experience. This approach was appreciated and will only make the restaurant even better for future customers. She presented us with a 20% off voucher to use on a future visit which we have given to the family so they can experience a very enjoyable evening, as we did.

Oldham, United Kingdom
“60th Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

As part of my wife's birthday activities, we booked a meal at the Waterside. We previously visited a couple of years ago and had a really special experience.
The birthday meal did not disappoint. It took us about 30minutes to decide what we going to eat, as the choice is wide and varied. We were advised so well by Kaylee who looked after us brilliantly.
The food was delicious and we really enjoyed our celebration. It was a joy to be able to sit in the bar area both before and after the meal.
Brilliant ambience throughout the evening. - an A1 evening.
Thoroughly recommend

1 Thank Ruffyhead
Chester, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend a visit to everyone!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

me and my husband had a meal here to sample the food as have booked a party in february. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and the restuarant itself, the staff were lovely and friendly and as quoted by my husband 'it's the best sticky toffe pudding he's had' and i can assure you he has tried plenty over the years. Lisa was very helpful and made us feel very welcome and at home.

• Visited October 2012
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Waterside Restaurant & Bar Family Eveing Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The service was excellant, staff were very pleasant and helpful, the ambience was good. The menu was varied and because we had to have gluten free meals this was no problem with the staff or Chef.

Oldham
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“as always fab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I have spent many visits at the Waterside and always have enjoyed excellant food and wines. The Waterside is not very large but not too small and has a warm and friendly ambience. An excellant place for a family get together or a romantic meal. This is one of our favourite restaraunts and highly reccomend it,

• Visited October 2012