This is the best resort you can find in KK if you do not plan to go out at all. Afterall, there isn't much happening in town anyway...
We travelled with 2 boys ages 4 and 6. They loved the pool and the beach and they can just be swimming all day. THere are also kid's club activities and orangutan viewings that can keep children entertained. Sign up for the lighting ceremony at dusk for the kids as it is free of charge and they get to put on their costumes and experience the whole ceremony by the beach.
The breakfast selection was impeccable. We had no complains.
The food, especially the seafood buffets at night is very delicious with lots of seafood (tiger prawns and crabs!!) and are priced very reasonably that we didn't even consider dining out at all.
If you decide to head out for some shopping, drinks at night, think twice... every trip costs so much that we didn't think it was worth it. Shuttle bus was about 30 Ringits per person per way, taking a private car into town for a few hours cost 200 Ringits! and when we were out... the whole waterfront was dead. There were less than 10 people in each of the bars.
Stay in the resort as it was worth every penny you spend there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa is set on Pantai Dalit beach surrounded by 400 acres of lush tropical vegetation, including a unique nature reserve. Here you'll find a remarkable array of indigenous flora and fauna. Unexpected encounters with hornbills who glide right overhead during breakfast, a friendly bear cat greeting you from a tree or the occasional wild rabbit, iguana or squirrel crossing your path are all part of the magic of this remarkable resort. Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa goes beyond the offerings of Kota Kinabalu hotels by providing numerous options for relaxation. This includes the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay, a wide range of water sports, Rasa Ria's own catamarans for cruises and deep sea fishing, a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, tennis, horse riding, a fitness centre and, of course, a fun-filled Kids' Club to care for younger visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri La Rasa Ria Resort
- Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Resort