“Beautiful course!”

Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Tuaran
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful course!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Lots of water but a really fun and we designed course. Maybe I caught it on a bad day but I gave it a 4 because some of the fairways have s some "bald spots". Greens were in great shape and you can't beat how scenic many of the holes are.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Devin L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“The Best Golf Course in Kota Kinabalu”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I have been going to KK for a few years for holidays to see a friend who lives there.

After playing golf at all the clubs in KK we decided to join Dalit Bay as term members and to sum it up "If you wanted to be treated like a King and Queen of your OWN golf club then this is the club for you in KK". As an ex-director of a Melbourne based private golf club for some 20 years all clubs could learn a lot from this club. From the very first day of our membership within 24 hours all the staff knew our names and treated us superbly.

In relation to the course, well what can I say we joined it.The signature hole of the 11th Par 3 overlooking the beautiful bay,river and beach area is just a view to behold and the thing I like the most is that no two holes are alike and the practise facilities, locker rooms and spa area are very clean and a a joy to use....Be back soon
Neil and Suzie

Visited April 2013
2 Thank NeilandSuzie
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Golf Course Sabah Malaysia”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is one of my favorite resort courses, with water coming into play on 16 holes, this course can be setup for tournament play or softened for the recreational golfer and holiday maker. The course was sand capped as part of its construction which means it can bucket down for as long as it wants and within less than an hour the course is drained and perfect to play. This is one of only a few truly well drained courses.Super grass practice facilities and excellent short game practice areas. The course and entire property is always in great condition and only 40 mins from the town center of Kota Kinabalu. The property boasts a genuine 5 star hotel resort "Shangri - La" within walking distance of the golf course and set beautifully on the beach (Sth China Sea) - this is one of three super Golf Resorts - Kota Kinabalu (Sabah - Borneo) has to offer, a must come Stay & Play !!

Visited May 2013
Watford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fantastic course with great scenery”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I genuinely can’t believe that more isn’t made of this course. I’m an average golfer (17 handicap) and have played a lot of the top courses in the UK but this is probably the most challenging I’ve faced. The course is also kept in fantastic condition. There is a choice of four tees and I played three rounds off the blues (second hardest).

The most common feature of the course is water. It’s everywhere. At least half of the holes involve a tee shot over water and most of the rest have a river running alongside the fairway. During my first round, when I was admittedly a bit wayward, I lost 11 balls. Basically, if you go slightly offline, the ball’s gone, either into the water or the rainforest. Almost as challenging is the positioning of the fairway bunkers. During my second and third rounds, when I drove rather better than the first, I still ended up in these bunkers about a third of the time. A lot of the approach shots also involve playing over water and the greens are pretty well protected by bunkers. The greens themselves are not frighteningly quick but most of them are sloping to some degree and it’s rare to get a straightforward putt.

The course is practically empty in the mornings due to the heat but buggies are compulsory so it’s still possible to play. Afternoons and especially weekends are busier. The clubhouse is friendly and comfortable with a decent Pro shop.

This is a stunning golf course and, if you have the opportunity to play it, you’d be mad to pass it up. The views and wildlife are also beautiful and my wife actually came with me on two occasions just for the scenery.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Gary O
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dalit Bay "to nature"”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

What a great way to see more of Borneo if you like to play golf. I would recommend playing in the weekday as this is generally a quieter time than the weekend when the members look to play. Whilst it is a challenging course and there is a fair bit of water, don't let this put you off. The staff are as attentive and courteous as you would expect from a 5 star hotel and the quality of the hire equipment is excellent (as well as all teh facilities). The course is not overly long at just under 7,000 yards but you do need to be accurate as the greens are small and would leave tricky up and downs to save par. A great course and one that you must play if in Borneo!

Visited September 2011