“Twas good fun.”

Canal Boat Cruises of Riley Green
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Hoghton
More attraction details
Owner description: Canal Boat Cruises are the fun, unique, award winning Yates family business that go the extra mile for each and every one of our guests. Canal Boat Holiday Hire, Canal Cruises, Canal Trips, Restaurant Cruises, Private Functions
Preston, United Kingdom
305 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 340 helpful votes
“Twas good fun.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent a pleasant afternoon on the canal with family and friends for a birthday. It's a nice stretch of canal and the service on board was good. We had large, nay, enormous portions of pie and peas and the staff had done a lot to accommodate the particular needs of the party.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank NinaTom

Preston, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great experience and excellent food”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Booked a surprise Sunday lunch cruise for my husband and daughter for their birthdays. We often walk along the Leeds Liverpool Canal so it was great to actually cruise along the canal and have lunch too. The food was excellent and so was the service, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. I recommend this venue, Its different and it was fun and the three hours went very quickly. I did note that the tables get booked very quickly but i:m not surprised.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Pamela D
Lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Customer focus zero”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I'm really very disappointed with this firm. I had a booking for today & have had to cancel at this morning due to illness. I had paid £40 deposit. I didn't receive a reply to my email asking if we could book on another date & transfer the deposit (I had not been advised it was non-refundable & nothing in the email confirming the booking either). I found the answer to my email on my Facebook news feed as i'd liked their page...they offered the table cheap due to the deposit having been paid. If they had the time to post on FB i'm sure they could have replied to the email.

Visited May 2013
5 Thank Funnygirl41
canalboats, Owner at Canal Boat Cruises of Riley Green, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Customer,

I can assure you that Customer Service is our number one priority and we too are disappointed that you have posted a poor review without checking the facts before hand.

Our office email system is manned Monday to Friday; however our telephone, which supports facebook and twitter, is manned 7 days a week. We responded to your email (sent to us 3 hours prior to the cruise), when we checked the emails in the office on Monday.

A table was offered for re-sale but this was in fact another customer's table who had taken the time to call us and inform us they couldn’t attend. Where a customer calls us with a genuine reason we do our upmost to re-sell the table at a reduced rate and offer a refund or alternative cruise. Had you called the office and spoken to us or left a message we would have gladly tried to re-sell the table for you. We were unaware that you would not be attending and the cruise left with one table empty.
Lancashire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A very special birthday meal and canal trip”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was certainly a very special and unique way to have a brilliant meal in wonderful surroundings with excellent and very professional service.
We booked a private charter of the MV Romance for an afternoon cruise with friends to celebrate a special birthday.
We had a superb lunch from a menu we were able to personally choose.
The quality of the locally sourced food the presentation and comfort onboard was far higher than expected.
The trip along the Leeds Liverpool canal from Riley Green and returning via locks at the Top Lock was in itself most pleasant.
The family run business made the entire outing from start to finish first class.
If you want something really special this is it, on board you have comfortable seating, good viewing area, a bar , music, hot food, comfort and attentive service.
Highly recommended.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kool-puppy
canalboats, Owner at Canal Boat Cruises of Riley Green, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your cruise & dine experience with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers both new and repeat. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon!