“Do not believe the bad reviews - please!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beeston Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoghton
Beeston Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hoghton B&B and Inns
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Do not believe the bad reviews - please!”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I felt I had to post a review after reading some of the recent posts for Beeston Manor. I got married at Beeston Manor last year and have been back with family numerous times since. John and Janet and the rest of their staff are the perfect hosts and literally go out of their way to make you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble. From all the planning in the run up to our wedding to the day itself I could not find any single element to fault them on. We had amazing positive comments from our guests after the wedding. I cannot believe the repeated comments about 'no tv in the bedroom'. If people are basing their bad reviews on no tv in the room I think its terrible. If you just want to watch Tv, why are you bothering going away for the night. And if you are at a wedding, why do you want to watch Tv, why arent you with the other guests 'enjoying the wedding'. I cannot understand it. yes there are no tea facilities in the rooms, but anyone will happily make you a tray of drinks and bring it to you. The rooms are far from basic, the furnishings are of absolute top quality, solid beautiful furniture and high quality bathroom fittings. Again, if the judgment of a 'basic room' is the fact there is no tv then I would question the calibre of the reviewer. Anyone looking at the room can quite plainly see the amount of thought and care that has gone into designing and fitting them. It makes me very angry to see some of the comments on here when on all my visits I have had nothing short of perfect service. Janet and John make a fuss of you and their personal touch is evident. If a guest is clearly abusing the hotel then I think John is extremely within his rights to questions those guests. Beeston Manor is a beautiful venue and I would recommend it to anyone for any occasion without a second thought.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I have to write in defence of John and Janet who I have always found to be the perfect hosts. They are rightly proud of the work they have done on this beautiful venue to turn it into the perfect setting for a wedding and other celebrations. Recently they have had troublesome guests who have vandalised one of the rooms and raided the kitchen refrigerators in the middle of the night. Possibly, these guests were in the same party as the previous reviewer, so there may be a hint of spite or malice in the comments. As for serving from the front of the top table, if this is what the customers asked for, then this is what they would get. The management need no lessons in hospitality from disgruntled guests.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Ian4
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My Friend was married at beeston manor on the 07/08 and I have to agree fully with the review wrote on the 05/08, every time we had any kind of problem it was met with an argument with the owner, there is a lot of work to be done on the venue side of this business for it to be up to scratch with other venues, as for it being a hotel that is a joke, a member of staff even told us that they don’t want to be a hotel so are not really bothered about the rooms,
I paid £97 a night for a room that had no tv or tea and coffee facilities, also when serving the wedding breakfast the staff served the top table from infront of the table,
( which for anyone in hospitality knows this is a no no ) don’t get me wrong all in all the day went fine and the venue is beautiful. but the bride and groom spent a lot of the day sorting out things that the staff would not. and again I have to agree that everyone who writes a review on here that is not liked by the management is met by the same response by management that it is not their fault. Well I’m sorry until a proper events manager is brought in to look after this fabulous venue I COULD NOT RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE.

We stayed the night before aswell Friday and could not get any tea or coffee or water when returning from a meal out as there was no staff at the venue just an open door, we tried to get a drink only to be told ( by the managers dad) that there are no staff so we will just have to go to bed.

I was really upset when a member of staff during the wedding breakfast ( between the mains and desert) came up to the groom and asked for his help to set up a sweet table as John had not passed on the information of what needed to be done.

On the Sunday morning I was standing by reception when the groom went to speak to john regarding charges placed on his room for things that had not been asked for, when John the "manager" shouted and I quote” I’m sick of this” and stormed away, well as far as I am concerned this is no attitude for anyone trying to setup and maintain a new business, and yes we are aware you have bookings until 2013 but what happens when they run out, and the word spreads about the terrible customer service, or lack of.

Also If you are looking for somewhere to stay were you will be looked after this is definatly NOT the place, to expensive for a very minimal service.

Anyway time for me to step off my soap box and for the management to once again respond with, I have to disagree.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank davesdad
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Beeston Manor can only be described as the perfect place for a wedding i cannot tell you how many people said it was the best wedding they have ever been to and that Beeston Manor was fab! The staff were very attentive nothing was too much trouble, the rooms were in my opinion clean and well worth the money (remember it not a standrad room you are paying for its more than that and also the location where the manor is) The Location WOW! my photographs are amazing and again everyone commented on how fantastic the grounds were and how nice it was to be outside! The food was brilliant i would recommend the cheescake to anyone everyone said it was amazing! Jon and Karen truly pulled out all the stops for us and we would recommend Beeston for Weddings and their sunday lunches!!! Thanks to all of you for making our day amazing the only downer for us was that it didnt last longer!!!! My husband isnt really a party type of person but he said to me i wish i could do it again and again it was amazing!

Thanks to you all at Beeston

Jo Butler

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank JoButler
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2010

visited beeston manor and the place is lovely surrounded by fields and nice rooms for functions. I felt the bedrooms were nicely decorated but over priced. The main problem with Beeston Manor is the customer service which really isn't up to scratch. It is evident that the owners are proud of their family owned business as they should be because it is a very nice place, however the main focus was the staff and how everything affected them, for instance when asked about a residents bar they advised it wasn't beneficial for them as they may only sell two drinks and when asked if they have a master of ceremonies we were told not really, because during the wedding breakfast thats when the staff have a break. I just felt that Beeston Manors main priority is their business and not the specific needs of customers, i also feel the responses from the manager on trip advisor towards poor reviews proves they feel they can do no wrong, what happened to 'the customer is always right' or even just being entitled to an opnion without every point being argued. To sum up it is a popular venue and this is only my opnion but I wouldnt recommend Beeston Manor until the staff feel it is more about the customers than profit.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank l12187069
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The setting was beautiful. all the staff were attentive, friendly and helpful. The building was very welcoming,beautifully clean and whilst large enough for our guests, it had a personal feel. John and Janet assisted with any extra details we required without fuss.The food was excellent and lots of our guests said it was the best wedding they had been to. We wish we could re live the day! The accommodation was clean and comfortable and to a high standard,
not all rooms have a TV but who needs TV at a wedding? Some guests mentioned that there was no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms but I'm sure they could have ordered a drink if they wanted one. Overall we were very happy to have enjoyed a fantastic day in a fantastic place with lovely people.

• Stayed July 2010
Taunton
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Beeston manor is great for an event where your attention is drawn away from the fact they rip you off so much. The rooms are extremely basic and it makes it hard to see why they charge so much. Overall there are many better places. Give this one a miss.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Eric_Taunton
john_bickerstaffe, Owner at Beeston Manor, responded to this review, July 13, 2010
We disagree with the comments in the review. The family in question have chosen to give an incorrect date of their stay which was in fact on June 26 when they were guests at a wedding. We did our best to accommodate the family who attended with more children than we had expected. The family have chosen not to state what they paid for their stay which was not expensive or a rip off. Maybe they have chosen not to specify what they paid because it was a more than reasonable amount charged. We in fact reduced the cost of their stay considerably. There is no detail backing up the poor rating for cleanliness etc which again we refute. To assist owners and guests, the review should have contained more detail in order for a response to be made. The family who hosted the wedding were more than satisfied with their big day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoghton
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Samlesbury Hotel
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
Stanley House Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Preston South
Premier Inn Preston South (Craven Drive) Hotel
Good Night Inns Boddington Arms Hotel

Been to Beeston Manor? Share your experiences!