“excellent!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“excellent!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were really tired and very hungry when we were there. Friendly staff, they can speak slovak language! Perfect soup.. (I had some cabbage soup.. desert - Tiramisu.. perfect!!) THANK YOU!

• Visited January 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Budapest, Hungary
“Bello e impossibile”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

No, it is not impossible. In the middle of a medium-sized village in NE Hungary, where at least in few of the streets I would not feel like going around after dark, you find a great restaurant. One that would be good enough for any fine city in Tuscany. Cozy interiour, very undemanding from the outside. Very great, uncompromising cousine using fresh and fine ingredients and amazing choice of the local (Tokaj Wine Region) whites. The white of the house not just good, but a great by all standards. There is no point in going into details: anything we tried was among the best in Hungary, for much less than in Budapest in comparable places.
Service also suberb. Not much else to say: anybody passing by in the area and interested in this kind of experiences should try, but make sure you book: the place is pretty full. Which, by itself, considering the location, tells something about the merits of weirdly named "Anyukám Mondta".

• Visited December 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great food, service and atmosphere, also, great value for money”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I shared an excellent dinner here with my friends in January 2014. I recommend to reserve in advance, since the restaurant was pretty full when we were visiting on a Friday night. The service was great and so was atmosphere in the restaurant. There is a broad variety of starters, different kinds of cheeses and ham, smaller courses, and what I loved about this place is that they really try to get their ingredients from local suppliers and they are of high quality. For example you I recommend to try their homemade syrup with lightly sparkling water, their amazing local sheep cheese and ham, their own wine, and that just to name a few. I had the steak as a main course I really enjoyed it. It was a local beef steak that has been preserved for 6 week, very well marinated, and cooked just right. One of my friends had the Cordon Blue of a calf, which in my opinion was okay, but she considered it a bit dry. We told that to the waiter and then the owner came over and told her that he'll "kick someones butt in the kitchen and he is very sorry", and asked her what else could he exchange it for her. She asked for the chicken from the menu and he got it to our table within the next few minutes. It was something that she (and we all) very much appreciated and the owner's attitude was extraordinary, something you don't see very often. We had desserts, and coffee to finish with and everything was just great. I would consider it to be a rather bit expensive restaurant for Hungary, but looking at the bigger picture, and having traveled other places, it is a great value for money and not expensive at all. I had a very pleasant and enjoyable experience, will definitely return, and recommend to visit for everyone.

• Visited January 2014
“Hidden heaven”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in the middle of nowhere, friendly staff, fast service, excellent food, great espresso. Reservation of table recommended, unusual for hungary full house even at friday lunchtime.

Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Every part of the meal was excellent.
Good service, very kind waitress, amazing taste, familiar atmosphere. We had ham & gorgonzola (italian cheese), soup, "homemade" cordon blue and fish.
...and later cheesecake and white chocolate dessert plus the one of the best coffee of the World.
Everything is amazing. Thank you, Anyukám Mondta!

• Visited November 2013