Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
View deal
Booking.com$98
eDreams$98
ZenHotels.com$99
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2012

the resort is a very nice place to stay next to the beach and the only negatif adventure we had, was that several peaces of our clothes disappeared from the room. It s the first time i had such a problem. So should you stay in this resort, than pay attention to all the clothes you have already used during your stay, the person who took the clothes, took only brand clothes and things that were in the bag with the worn clothes, like that most guests only find out at home that something is missing and think they forgot it , however in our case we found it out before leaving :-)

ps: may the best advice i can give , is to take only cheap clothes with you

Nico from Luxembourg

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Nico F
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Me & my wife had a nice time in the hotel early May 2012. Though the sun was pretty tough (apparently we hit the peak season), the place was still one of the best in Pattaya.
Pattaya itself is not a place for quiet & relaxing beach vacation. It's more a city of sin (or fun, depends on how you tend to see it ;)). The town is pretty dirty, stinky & crowdy. The sea is dirty as are the beaches. If you fancy going for a really nice beach vacation with white sands - go to the Islands close to Pattaya but not to the town!
The hotel is the most remote resort to the south of Pattaya. It takes ca. 20 min. drive in a cab (non-stop) or, about 40 min. using the public mini-cabs "tuk-tuk". We never paid more than 350 THB one way for a cab. Hotel cab costs 550 to the town. The tuk-tuk ride (the white-colored ones) is 20 THB per person. We picked such a place on purpose - this is the best way to have both quiet & relaxing vacation but at the same time be able to travel to civilization pretty quickly & at a reasonable cost. There were no neighnour hotels within a reasonable walking distance.
The hotel is very nice. It has completely dedicated villas & tiny buildings with 2-3 rooms in each. Some of them have own tiny pool. We had a Garden Villa (202) which is a standalone chalet with 1 big room (~25-30 sqm.), a large bathroom & an open-air shower + the terrace with sun beds. The room had the safe, aircon (pretty loud) & the ceiling fan, TV, hair dryer etc. Daily towel change & water supply was provided (4x0.5 l bottles). There are a lot of ants all around the buildings so please leave no food in the room - they'll know it's there and will come to have a party in your apartment.
The staff was pretty friendly always smiling but that's somethig Thai do all teh time. Be careful though. Even if they pretend like understanding you and smile saying "OK", it doesn't mean they actually understood you. Their English is pretty poor and the accent is quite strong Asia-type "miau-miau". Thai are pretty slow in terms of service. They all know they would have other lives after they die so no rush doing anything - everything can be done some time in the next life. Thai are pretty at the roads driving their motor bikes though so watch out when leaving your car or a cab!
The hotel's restaurant was OK. Enjoyed the breakfast a lot - lots of fruits, "continetal" part, nice bread, nice juice. The a-la carte menu was average I'd say. Lack of comparable class competitors nearby make them feel relaxed about the price/quality ratio.
A few minutes walk along the beach to the south is a couple of places to eat - from vey basic village-style cafes to a bit more fancy cafes. The food there is pretty cheap - a dinner for 2 with beer was something around 300-400 THB. The sea food was really fresh - the fishing boats are right next to it. The beer is much cheaper than in the hotel.
The hotel is about 7 minute walk to the Sukhumvit road where a cab or tuk-tuk can be cought. If you walk 100m. to the north along the road, there will be the Nong Nooch park entrance - a "must have" place to visit. Tropical garden, elephant show etc. Rally nice!
A few issues with the hotel:
- no sun umbrellas at the beach. They do have the sun beds but not the umbrellas. Really bad for the tough Thai sun!
- the pool has quite a few shar edges. I cut my foot so badly in the pool 2/3 towards the end of my stay so had to run to the hospital in Pattaya, had 6 or 7 stithes applied and spent the remainder of the holiday with no sea or pool :(:(
- No free Wi-Fi. The paid option is just a rip-off.
- *Extra* The sea is pretty turbid but that's what the whole Pattaya area looks like. Remember, go to the islands for the nice blue sea & white sands. The Ko Lang island is just a 15 minute speed boat trip away from the Pattaya peer.

Some more...
I do recommend visiting the zoo - feeding the elephants is something you'd probably love to do. The water sports are pretty inexpensive too. One more thing is of cause Thai massage. The little ladies tried really hard doing a 93 kilo man but still did a great job for a very fair price (200 THB for 1 hr.). TukCom - an indoor electronic fair is worth visiting as well. Didn't try the "red lights" sort of service so no feedback on that, sorry :)
Renting a motor bike is cheap and is the most popular way of transportation. Just remember the roads are just one hell of a mess and don't forget your helmet.
have a nice trip.

Room tip: Garden Vilas are good value for money.
11  Thank Venalainen
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I think most spa hotels seem to just expect that patrons will expect any old standards just because they are on the beach. This hotel is a case in point. I stayed in the Novotel Impact in Bangkok for work and decided to splurge for the weekend here and I really wish I hadn’t bothered. The Novotel as a non-spa hotel works hard for its money.
Good points first, it’s on the beach and it has nice views. That’s just about it.
The hotel overall needs refurbishing it has a kind of down at heel air about it and for a spa hotel it’s difficult to relax.
Check in – the customary cold towel and the cooling welcome drink, but it’s kind of thrown at you as you are ensuring that the credit card receipt is signed (that is the number one priority here – money grubbing ?). While I was ensuring they got their money the same girl who brought the cold towel and drink reappeared and the drink and towel were spirited away before being used or finished.
The room on first impression looks nice but it is as though it has been half refurbished, one part looks nice the other part doesn’t. Do not waste your money on a private Jacuzzi room, I did and the postage stamp sized Jacuzzi was cold and dirty and only half of the jets worked. That coupled with a lot of garden debris and a discarded swimsuit or t shirt festering at the side was enough to put me off.
On arrival outside the room door was a shampoo label (bright brown and white) and it was still there when I left. It rained one day and I made muddy footprints on the decking, they didn’t get cleaned.
The pool is a disgrace, there were many tiles missing and they have obviously never heard of tile grout as there wasn’t any. Someone got in the pool direct from the beach and left sand deposits on the steps, they were still there 3 days later. In fairness the pool guy did dip the cleaning net and brush in the water, but only when the pool was heaving with people on Saturday afternoon.
Service at the pool is non-existent; the guy wanders around talking to himself and if you want towels helps yourself by going into his chalet and getting them.
The Horizon ding room is poor, food quality is terrible and the service is woeful. My girlfriend ordered papaya salad ( som tam) it took 35 minutes plus to arrive. The waitress was very diligent she never took her eyes off the TV!
At breakfast we had a small milk jug on our table to add to tea and coffee, however this was snatched away and then was placed rotated to two other tables, I could see many other such jugs sitting idle in a cabinet. Cruets also sat in the cabinets and the ones on the tables had only the rice grains in them intended to act as drying agents for salt and pepper.
The dining room is plagued with flies, big blue bottles. Breakfast pastries are swarming with them, the fly scarers are switched off, or broken I am unsure which.
I ordered a fried egg, “over easy” and asked the cook do you want my plate with bacon it, she accepted but when I came back she had put it on a side plate, I was ready to pick up both but she picked up the side plate and tossed the egg (table tennis serve style ) onto my plate. Luckily it was rock hard or I would have been showered in yolk. Asking for a juice glass (as the trays were empty ) resulted in a shrug and pointing to some possibly used glasses adjacent to the juice containers.
Friday night dinner was fascinating as there was some old goat from a Company who droned on in the dining room for over 70 minutes in Thai while his staff fell asleep or wasted away from hunger. Why did I need his Company pep talk?
However all of the paled into insignificance on Saturday evening; during the day the staff erected a stage and platform with a logo for Citibank Gold. They put 70 or so chairs around tables outside and tested a sound system ad-nauseam. Then droves of Thai people arrived, they allowed badly behaved kids to throw themselves in the pool and if you were in the way hard luck. I tried to getting the Jacuzzi and was repelled by three or four young boys all shouting and beating each other up. Lots of families seemed intent on immersing young babies in the water – net result baby excrement floating around the pool. I left at this point. The pool cleaning guy removed 2 or 3 of 100 dead leaves, ignored the excrement and left.
At 715 we returned for dinner and were amazed to find that due to a rain shower all 70 Citibank partygoers were now in the dining room, result- not a table to be had. They had also moved all the buffet equipment and a gas barbecue indoors into the dining room. Upon asking where I could sit they brought in a very wet picnic table and at that point I asked for the manager. A young guy offered me room service or a table cloth!
I asked for his boss but was constantly interrupted by some other young guy in a polo shirt. After 3 interruptions I asked who he was and was told, the owner!
I asked for a business card he didn’t have one, nor did the manager. I asked him why I should be “banished” to my room and he told me I was threatening him as it wasn’t his fault it rained! I accepted that and asked him why we hadn’t been told we would be able to eat, he assured me a letter had been sent out, then his manager told him it hadn’t!
He asked me what I suggested he do (take a course in running a hotel maybe?) I asked him to make me some offer as to what he was prepared to do as I was paying handsomely to stand surrounded by scavenging Citibank customers who were attempting to put as much food as possible on one plate and then drop it all over the floor. The owner and the manager explained to me effectively that I was of little consequence as they had a big booking from the Citibank card holder’s professional eating team!
Eventually they came up with an astonishing compromise, they would take us by hotel car (they were at pains to tell me this would be complimentary) into Pattaya to the Hilton Hotel where they “had a very nice restaurant with fine dining”. I have never stayed in a hotel anywhere in the world where they suggested I eat somewhere else! We then wasted 40 minutes going into Pattaya and 40 minutes back and ate at the Flare restaurant at the Hilton. This was indeed very nice but astonishingly expensive. The Sea Sand Sun man had apparently negotiated a 20% discount!
Two guys took us via hotel Camry and they were frankly embarrassed about what had happened.
The odd thing about this supposed oasis of calm was both my girlfriend and I felt unable to relax and the whole place seemed edgy and fraught.
Checkout was a humble pie session with lots of shallow unconvincing mumblings about how sorry they were, this contrition was not reflected in any monetary adjustment to the massive bill. The alleged owner was also conspicuous by his absence. We got the usual glib apologies and requests to come back again (spend more money) and we will look after you very well. When are hotel and restaurant people going to learn, you present Fawlty Towers and people are inclined never to set foot in the place again ! The give us another chance epithet seems to be the universal remedy offered. I would suggest get it right the first time!
This is an overpriced hotel which has an overblown impression of itself. It is run down needs a major overhaul. Please do not stay here you will I feel sure feel it is a waste of your money there have to be better places than this, for me I wouldn’t care if I never set foot in Pattaya again!

Room tip: Dont waste money on Jacuzzi room they are a rip off
6  Thank FJB774
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Me & my Mrs were on vacation at that resort and I'd definitely recommend staying there for a romantic and away-from-it-all holiday.
Obviously it all started from the endless reading of travelers' reviews from various web sites and probably due to a human nature or just being sceptic I was paying more attention to the bad comments rather than good ones. Well.. I'm happy to announce that we did not meet any of those "bad" things that are described here during our stay. Currently I'm sitting in an airport restaurant just after a travel back home and my general impression of the vacation spent in Thailand is GREAT! And most of it is formed by the hospitable attitude of guys working in the resort.
Certainly nothing is ideal or perfect in reality, but I can guarantee that all pictures correspond to what you see when get there. The villas are "drowning" in the green, lots of different trees and flowers are everywhere. It was our first visit to Thailand therefore the nature of this beautiful country was a new experience which we were enjoying every single minute.
There's something I cannot understand reading some reviews about "noisy" sea and birds and insects that interfere with sleeping... Well.. some guys are used to the music of the city and cannot fall asleep without it, tastes differ.
We stayed in Pool villa and all amenities that are mentioned on web site are there: huge bed, daily service (they change the towels and linen as often as you like), Lavazza coffee machine, moving TV panel with stereo system, four! bottles of water a day, bath tube, open air shower. Well, the shower deserves additional description - it's one of those little details that amuse you with its simplicity and design. The knobs are made in form of snails, wooden floor turns into the white stones where we were visited every evening by local frogs. Thanks to these cute creatures sadly famous mosquitos were not annoying us at all. By the way admirers of nature and wild life will be fully sufficed: a snapshot from what I saw those days, laying in the pool with jacuzzi on you watch the flowers falling from the trees above, swift squirrels jumping from one branch to another, little geckos climbing the walls - it's just a little that makes a difference from spoiled industrial occidental rush-rush lifestyle and brings you away to the nirvana.
The location is a bit remote but getting in Pattaya is not an issue at all - concierge will gladly drop you to the entrance to resort on his golf cart. From there it is going to cost you only 20 baht in "tuk-tuk" that pass by every ten minutes. South of the resort there's a village called Bang Saray where one can find the fruit and snacks market, 7-eleven and massage salons. It's not very far from Sea Sand Sun and you can get there walking on the beach turning left once you leave the hotel and step on the beach. Btw 15 minutes walk from the hotel down to Bang Saray you'll find a very simple cafe where they serve great food for double less price that in the restaurant.
Explaining smth or communicating with locals, including those who work in the hotel may be a bit of a problem, but in their defense I may say that English is not their native language (neither is mine) and one should pay just a little of patience and spend extra effort expressing yourself clearly and it will be paid back fully with the cheerful and thankful smiles and perfect service. I found Thai people very keen and willing to help in every mode they can - just give them a chance to do it the best they can. As an example of stuff good preparation it's worth of mentioning that cleaning guys were never disturbing when we were staying almost all the day in the pool and respected the "Do not disturb" sign at the door, but once we went out and slider the sign to "Please make up my room" we found it ideally clean after our return to the room
We would like to thank all the guys who worked hard organizing our stay.
As a recommendation for the owners - go sometimes eating in that "blue" cafe down the road and you'll understand why everybody's going to dine there instead of staying in the resort restaurant. And it is not only about the price if you know what I mean :)
Thanks again.
Alex and Nastia

1  Thank Anastasiya_Sadovska
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at a Pool Villa, I fell in love with it the moment I stepped in the room. I love the extreme privacy and its nice and cozy decoration.

I planned to relax in that big attached pool BUT the pool was super dirty till no one want to put their feet in. There're tons of ants walking in the closet !! I am not sure if there's an a/c in walk-in closet area or not because it was so hot while I was drying my hair or when I get dress in that walk-in closet. The hose in toilet room was broken till I had to ask the staffs to change it. PLUS, the food price was surprisingly high !! I understand that 5 stars hotels & resorts sure be higher than the shops we find on the street BUT all the food and drink prices are 10 times higher !!

By the way, the staffs are nice and trying their best to assit me. The room in general is very nice and good to stay. The public pools are good. Quiet, Cozy and Luxurious.

Date of stay: March 2012