Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Booking.com$98
eDreams$98
ZenHotels.com$99
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I think most spa hotels seem to just expect that patrons will expect any old standards just because they are on the beach. This hotel is a case in point. I stayed in the Novotel Impact in Bangkok for work and decided to splurge for the weekend here and I really wish I hadn’t bothered. The Novotel as a non-spa hotel works hard for its money.
Good points first, it’s on the beach and it has nice views. That’s just about it.
The hotel overall needs refurbishing it has a kind of down at heel air about it and for a spa hotel it’s difficult to relax.
Check in – the customary cold towel and the cooling welcome drink, but it’s kind of thrown at you as you are ensuring that the credit card receipt is signed (that is the number one priority here – money grubbing ?). While I was ensuring they got their money the same girl who brought the cold towel and drink reappeared and the drink and towel were spirited away before being used or finished.
The room on first impression looks nice but it is as though it has been half refurbished, one part looks nice the other part doesn’t. Do not waste your money on a private Jacuzzi room, I did and the postage stamp sized Jacuzzi was cold and dirty and only half of the jets worked. That coupled with a lot of garden debris and a discarded swimsuit or t shirt festering at the side was enough to put me off.
On arrival outside the room door was a shampoo label (bright brown and white) and it was still there when I left. It rained one day and I made muddy footprints on the decking, they didn’t get cleaned.
The pool is a disgrace, there were many tiles missing and they have obviously never heard of tile grout as there wasn’t any. Someone got in the pool direct from the beach and left sand deposits on the steps, they were still there 3 days later. In fairness the pool guy did dip the cleaning net and brush in the water, but only when the pool was heaving with people on Saturday afternoon.
Service at the pool is non-existent; the guy wanders around talking to himself and if you want towels helps yourself by going into his chalet and getting them.
The Horizon ding room is poor, food quality is terrible and the service is woeful. My girlfriend ordered papaya salad ( som tam) it took 35 minutes plus to arrive. The waitress was very diligent she never took her eyes off the TV!
At breakfast we had a small milk jug on our table to add to tea and coffee, however this was snatched away and then was placed rotated to two other tables, I could see many other such jugs sitting idle in a cabinet. Cruets also sat in the cabinets and the ones on the tables had only the rice grains in them intended to act as drying agents for salt and pepper.
The dining room is plagued with flies, big blue bottles. Breakfast pastries are swarming with them, the fly scarers are switched off, or broken I am unsure which.
I ordered a fried egg, “over easy” and asked the cook do you want my plate with bacon it, she accepted but when I came back she had put it on a side plate, I was ready to pick up both but she picked up the side plate and tossed the egg (table tennis serve style ) onto my plate. Luckily it was rock hard or I would have been showered in yolk. Asking for a juice glass (as the trays were empty ) resulted in a shrug and pointing to some possibly used glasses adjacent to the juice containers.
Friday night dinner was fascinating as there was some old goat from a Company who droned on in the dining room for over 70 minutes in Thai while his staff fell asleep or wasted away from hunger. Why did I need his Company pep talk?
However all of the paled into insignificance on Saturday evening; during the day the staff erected a stage and platform with a logo for Citibank Gold. They put 70 or so chairs around tables outside and tested a sound system ad-nauseam. Then droves of Thai people arrived, they allowed badly behaved kids to throw themselves in the pool and if you were in the way hard luck. I tried to getting the Jacuzzi and was repelled by three or four young boys all shouting and beating each other up. Lots of families seemed intent on immersing young babies in the water – net result baby excrement floating around the pool. I left at this point. The pool cleaning guy removed 2 or 3 of 100 dead leaves, ignored the excrement and left.
At 715 we returned for dinner and were amazed to find that due to a rain shower all 70 Citibank partygoers were now in the dining room, result- not a table to be had. They had also moved all the buffet equipment and a gas barbecue indoors into the dining room. Upon asking where I could sit they brought in a very wet picnic table and at that point I asked for the manager. A young guy offered me room service or a table cloth!
I asked for his boss but was constantly interrupted by some other young guy in a polo shirt. After 3 interruptions I asked who he was and was told, the owner!
I asked for a business card he didn’t have one, nor did the manager. I asked him why I should be “banished” to my room and he told me I was threatening him as it wasn’t his fault it rained! I accepted that and asked him why we hadn’t been told we would be able to eat, he assured me a letter had been sent out, then his manager told him it hadn’t!
He asked me what I suggested he do (take a course in running a hotel maybe?) I asked him to make me some offer as to what he was prepared to do as I was paying handsomely to stand surrounded by scavenging Citibank customers who were attempting to put as much food as possible on one plate and then drop it all over the floor. The owner and the manager explained to me effectively that I was of little consequence as they had a big booking from the Citibank card holder’s professional eating team!
Eventually they came up with an astonishing compromise, they would take us by hotel car (they were at pains to tell me this would be complimentary) into Pattaya to the Hilton Hotel where they “had a very nice restaurant with fine dining”. I have never stayed in a hotel anywhere in the world where they suggested I eat somewhere else! We then wasted 40 minutes going into Pattaya and 40 minutes back and ate at the Flare restaurant at the Hilton. This was indeed very nice but astonishingly expensive. The Sea Sand Sun man had apparently negotiated a 20% discount!
Two guys took us via hotel Camry and they were frankly embarrassed about what had happened.
The odd thing about this supposed oasis of calm was both my girlfriend and I felt unable to relax and the whole place seemed edgy and fraught.
Checkout was a humble pie session with lots of shallow unconvincing mumblings about how sorry they were, this contrition was not reflected in any monetary adjustment to the massive bill. The alleged owner was also conspicuous by his absence. We got the usual glib apologies and requests to come back again (spend more money) and we will look after you very well. When are hotel and restaurant people going to learn, you present Fawlty Towers and people are inclined never to set foot in the place again ! The give us another chance epithet seems to be the universal remedy offered. I would suggest get it right the first time!
This is an overpriced hotel which has an overblown impression of itself. It is run down needs a major overhaul. Please do not stay here you will I feel sure feel it is a waste of your money there have to be better places than this, for me I wouldn’t care if I never set foot in Pattaya again!

Room tip: Dont waste money on Jacuzzi room they are a rip off
Date of stay: May 2012
6  Thank FJB774
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Me & my Mrs were on vacation at that resort and I'd definitely recommend staying there for a romantic and away-from-it-all holiday.
Obviously it all started from the endless reading of travelers' reviews from various web sites and probably due to a human nature or just being sceptic I was paying more attention to the bad comments rather than good ones. Well.. I'm happy to announce that we did not meet any of those "bad" things that are described here during our stay. Currently I'm sitting in an airport restaurant just after a travel back home and my general impression of the vacation spent in Thailand is GREAT! And most of it is formed by the hospitable attitude of guys working in the resort.
Certainly nothing is ideal or perfect in reality, but I can guarantee that all pictures correspond to what you see when get there. The villas are "drowning" in the green, lots of different trees and flowers are everywhere. It was our first visit to Thailand therefore the nature of this beautiful country was a new experience which we were enjoying every single minute.
There's something I cannot understand reading some reviews about "noisy" sea and birds and insects that interfere with sleeping... Well.. some guys are used to the music of the city and cannot fall asleep without it, tastes differ.
We stayed in Pool villa and all amenities that are mentioned on web site are there: huge bed, daily service (they change the towels and linen as often as you like), Lavazza coffee machine, moving TV panel with stereo system, four! bottles of water a day, bath tube, open air shower. Well, the shower deserves additional description - it's one of those little details that amuse you with its simplicity and design. The knobs are made in form of snails, wooden floor turns into the white stones where we were visited every evening by local frogs. Thanks to these cute creatures sadly famous mosquitos were not annoying us at all. By the way admirers of nature and wild life will be fully sufficed: a snapshot from what I saw those days, laying in the pool with jacuzzi on you watch the flowers falling from the trees above, swift squirrels jumping from one branch to another, little geckos climbing the walls - it's just a little that makes a difference from spoiled industrial occidental rush-rush lifestyle and brings you away to the nirvana.
The location is a bit remote but getting in Pattaya is not an issue at all - concierge will gladly drop you to the entrance to resort on his golf cart. From there it is going to cost you only 20 baht in "tuk-tuk" that pass by every ten minutes. South of the resort there's a village called Bang Saray where one can find the fruit and snacks market, 7-eleven and massage salons. It's not very far from Sea Sand Sun and you can get there walking on the beach turning left once you leave the hotel and step on the beach. Btw 15 minutes walk from the hotel down to Bang Saray you'll find a very simple cafe where they serve great food for double less price that in the restaurant.
Explaining smth or communicating with locals, including those who work in the hotel may be a bit of a problem, but in their defense I may say that English is not their native language (neither is mine) and one should pay just a little of patience and spend extra effort expressing yourself clearly and it will be paid back fully with the cheerful and thankful smiles and perfect service. I found Thai people very keen and willing to help in every mode they can - just give them a chance to do it the best they can. As an example of stuff good preparation it's worth of mentioning that cleaning guys were never disturbing when we were staying almost all the day in the pool and respected the "Do not disturb" sign at the door, but once we went out and slider the sign to "Please make up my room" we found it ideally clean after our return to the room
We would like to thank all the guys who worked hard organizing our stay.
As a recommendation for the owners - go sometimes eating in that "blue" cafe down the road and you'll understand why everybody's going to dine there instead of staying in the resort restaurant. And it is not only about the price if you know what I mean :)
Thanks again.
Alex and Nastia

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Anastasiya_Sadovska
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at a Pool Villa, I fell in love with it the moment I stepped in the room. I love the extreme privacy and its nice and cozy decoration.

I planned to relax in that big attached pool BUT the pool was super dirty till no one want to put their feet in. There're tons of ants walking in the closet !! I am not sure if there's an a/c in walk-in closet area or not because it was so hot while I was drying my hair or when I get dress in that walk-in closet. The hose in toilet room was broken till I had to ask the staffs to change it. PLUS, the food price was surprisingly high !! I understand that 5 stars hotels & resorts sure be higher than the shops we find on the street BUT all the food and drink prices are 10 times higher !!

By the way, the staffs are nice and trying their best to assit me. The room in general is very nice and good to stay. The public pools are good. Quiet, Cozy and Luxurious.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Thank ThailandTravell... T
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I arrived at the proper time to find that the room was not ready, I am not a picky or needy traveler, however everything from that moment on is why I left. I simply asked the manager to show me what the room looked like and to see some of the other rooms with the attached pools to make a decision on whether or not to upgrade to something better. I have been coming to Thailand and most of the time the people are extremely polite and honest, the manager at this hotel was far from either. He quoted prices for the upgrade that were double the cost of the internet rate to actually rent the room. To go from a deluxe garden to a pool villa he quoted 10,000 baht, the actual room rate for this room is only 11,000 baht on their own site, so to pay 10,000 baht per day in addition to the $150 I already spent, well that was rediculous to ask. The prices got more extravagent from there.

Still not completely put off on the hotel yet, decided to stay one night and see how it was. Well the ants crawling all over the walls, the mosqitoes buzzing your ears were enough to make you want to leave. However around 1AM I had visitors on the porch of my room, looking through my windows. That is where I drew the line and decided to go back to Pattaya to a hotel I liked.

Of course the hotel only said they were sorry and offered nothing to compensate the room, they offered no sense of security for further stay. They offered nothing. So I wrote this for folks to read. I understand many folks seem to have had a better stay then I had, glad they had fun. I will never recommend or stay at this place again. For the prices, well you can rent a extremely nice house, with driver, and cooking staff for a few dollars more a week.

Room tip: Go somewhere else
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
11  Thank Tim A
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This resort is perfect situated just 1,5 hours drive from Bangkok, but far enough to get blue waters and palm trees. All buildings are well kept and with a modern thai design. We had a Garden Villa and it had a balcony with sun-chairs, large bathroom and bedroom. Clean and good room.

Some comments below have been about the restaurant being expensive. We didn't find that. Well yes, it is more expensive than at a "normal" thai restaurant, but compared to European prices it's not.

Perfect location for just relaxing, sun and sea. The pool area is great and easy to shift between beach and pool.

Restaurant is good with a menu that includes typical café food (burgers, sandwiches), thai food, some pasta, pizza and french food. The staff is VERY friendly and helpful. They arranged a buffet for the Chinese New Year.

Room was nice but nothing special.

- -
No conditioner in bathroom

The front desk staff wasn't very helpful when we wanted to have information about a day trip to Koh Samet. They said that we should search on the Internet.. after some discussion they made a call and then made us call the travel agency to make the reservation..

No information in room about the resort. We found out when we had two days left that there was a fitness room.. And on the Friday we went down to eat dinner at the restaurant and found out that there was free cocktails and cannape's til 7PM.. That kind of information would have been nice to get.

--------------

The hotel is not very close to Pattaya but that didn't bother us because we didn't want to see that town. The hotel do have a shuttle but we didn't try it.
We had been in Bangkok some days before going to the resort. We used Bell Travel Service which worked perfect and is much cheaper than the hotel bus. They picked us up at our Bangkok hotel. Drove us to a busstation, then we went to Pattaya and we got an other shuttle to our resort. Book tickets on their website.

We got a deal from Groupon so it was well worth the money

Date of stay: January 2012