Lumiere Hotel in Telluride
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Inn at Lost Creek(Mountain Village)
  • Breakfast included
Palmyra(Mountain Village)
  • Fitness center
Peaks Resort & Spa(Mountain Village)
  • Pool
Mountain Lodge Telluride(Mountain Village)
Etta Place One(Telluride)
Telluride Lodge(Telluride)
Mountainside Inn(Telluride)
  • Restaurant
All reviewslumiere hotelblack tieski valettop notchthe entire staffluxury hoteltop of the linecontinental breakfastfantastic stayyogurtblown awayhot tubhigh end appliancesevery morningfirst rateone bedroom suiteexceptional service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Wonderful rooms, wonderful service and wonderful location. Cannot go wrong booking this place for your next ski vacation! Not only was the place gorgeous but the bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept in while on vacation. As for the service, I never once even put my ski boots on or off as there was always a staff member waiting to do it for me!! Then they would set up my skis and poles on the slopes for me and then just a short ski down to the lift. As for the location, it truly is ski in ski out and the gondola is just a short walk to take you to either the grocery store or in to town.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm glad to see this hotel is now #1 on Tripadvisor - it's been by far our favorite over Mountain Lodge and we liked it more than Fairmont Franz Klammer. Location-wise it's great and while some reviewers have complained that it doesn't have a "real lobby," whatever. We were greeted very kindly and we had breakfast included which we particularly enjoyed thanks to a plentiful supply of soy-milk with which we even had lattes made. What really defines this hotel though is that it is actually luxurious - a word which pretty much every hotel now uses in its description even though sometimes far from appropriately. The hallways, the finishes, the rooms, they are truly gorgeous, the kind of finishings and decor that I've seen at only 5-star hotels - modern and new yet classic and warm. We had a one-bedroom residence and were blown away at the space, the natural lighting. We had an additional 1/2 bathroom, washer/dryer, and I even slept on the super-comfortable sofa-bed, leaving my mom the bedroom, and it kind of felt like a two-bedroom unit. I would basically live here!

Room Tip: One-bedroom residence, worth every penny.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We wanted to stay in a hotel this time around in Telluride versus staying in a regular condo. Most of the times although we get nice looking condos the beds are terrible and after a long
day of skiing the last thing I wanted was a uncomfortable bed. We loved the bed here, we stay in a one bedroom suite (57), we had a nice view of the mountains and it was pretty quiet.
The room is pretty elegant and comfortable, it kept us warm when we were at the suite. We had a kitchen( a really nice one) and additional ½ bathroom and a dining table for 6, the living room with the chimney was pretty spacious.
I highly recommend to get your tickets with the concierge as they gave us discounted tickets.
They also provided us with the “black tie service” which brings the ski rentals to your own room- talk about 1st class service. The hotel also has a valet service where you can ski in and out with no problem, that we loved!!
The rooms and personal was very nice and I highly recommend staying in this place, but for food/breakfast, snacks, drinks please go get your groceries at the city market, just a gondola away.

We tried to dined one time at the Little Bar but there was only one server/bartender and she seemed fluster with all the customers arriving at once and she kept saying “ that’s all I have” to other customers when they asked for something special, even I wanted a decaf cappuccino w/ a side of amaretto and she offer me a regular decaf – which is not the same thing- and that was the only time I decided to stop by as we ventured outside to Allreds, the New Sheridan and Cosmo, great choices.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 5th or 6th floor (more $$), otherwise you don't get a great view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

What a cool boutique hotel. I had a huge 1 bedroom with a view of the mountains and the slopes--it was beautifully appointed, kept spotless by the staff and absolutely cozy and luxurious!
The entire staff was helpful, accommodating and super friendly. The ski valet was convenient and the ski techs were super knowledgable. I loved it so much that I extended my stay--luckily they had room :). It really felt like a comfy "home away from home" and not like I was staying in a hotel. Very private.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We have stayed with our teens and friends at this cool boutique hotel 3 times over the past 5 or so years and have loved it every time. We have stayed in one of their largest Penthouse apartments (3-4 bedrooms) each time. Those rooms are beautiful with amazing moutain views and tons of space. You have a kitchen, washer and dryer - everything you need.
The hotel has always arranged to pick us up from the airport when we land and have Black Tie ski service come to our room to fit us out for ski rentals which they will then store in the downstairs locker room. Ski in-ski out - so easy - right off the main chair lift.
The buffet breakfast is included and very good. They have a pretty broad selection of breads, yogurt, granola, sausage, bacon, eggs. I am a big egg eater and they are only so-so but hard to make buffet eggs awesome.
The bar is great for cocktails and sushi - bartender always excellent and friendly - and usually other guests around to chat with.
It's a short walk to the Gondola for a ride into Telluride for dinner (the hotel is in Mountain Village where there are plenty of restaurants/bars and shopping for ski needs, but the best restaurants by far are in town).
The only criticism we have of the hotel is that it's always really hot in the hotel rooms. I personally don't mind that much because I'm always cold - but my husband and our friends sort of freak out about it : )

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family