Lumiere Hotel in Telluride
The Inn at Lost Creek(Mountain Village)(Great Value!)
$251
  • Breakfast included
$288
$383
Peaks Resort & Spa(Mountain Village)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Mountain Lodge Telluride(Mountain Village)(Great Value!)
$189
$177
Priceline
Palmyra(Mountain Village)
Blue Mesa Lodge(Mountain Village)
  • Restaurant
Lorian Luxury Condominiums(Mountain Village)
Westermere Condominiums(Mountain Village)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslumiere hotelblack tieski valettop notchthe entire staffluxury hoteltop of the linecontinental breakfastfantastic stayyogurtblown awayhot tubhigh end appliancesevery morningfirst rateone bedroom suiteexceptional service
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in late January, 2013. Our one bedroom residence was so wonderful that we didn't mind staying in our room when it was snowing too hard for us to ski. Top of the line appliances, incredibly comfortable furniture and breathtaking views from BOTH of the balconies. The staff, especially Nick, Britni and Jose, could not have been more helpful. Christine, who made us a wonderful breakfast every morning, was a delight. Lumiere is truly ski in/ski out. The guys in the ski valet made putting on the gear and getting to the slope as easy as pie. Our stay was absolutely magical and we can't wait to get back to Telluride and Lumiere.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have just read a review that is critical of this hotel. Can't believe it! We stayed here for 6 nights from Jan 14. It is just lovely. Our apartment( on floor 5) was sensational. Roomy. Wonderful bathrooms- that steam shower is amazing! Staff very pleasant at all times. In particular Christine ( from Michigan originally)!, at breakfast. I will concede that the " little bar" is a slightly odd room for communal breakfast. A bit cramped at times. The kids that were there with us were really well behaved, though I must say the buffet was ravaged!! Breakfast fairly hopeless on Christine's day off! The ski valet blokes magnificent. We will be back!!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed in a deluxe room with a view, nicely decorated with new furniture, and spacious bathroom appears to be quite new. Tile was warm and shower and tub are separate. In the mornings though, you can hear truck engines and rear beeps while making deliveries and trash pickup. The passage between the heavy large dresser under the TV and the granite top of the kitchen counter is only about two feet apart. As I tried to walk through one time I bumped my arm on the granite corner hurting my arm. If the dresser is moved to make more room it will block the spot to the a/c control panel so had to walk carefully through that passage - poor design there. Small frig motor turned on and off quite often keeping me awake at night; turned up the temp that seemed to slow down the cycles. Concierge was incredibly friendly however somehow two reservations they had setup, one with ground transportation and the other a spa appointment at another hotel, were wrong; they did well with making dinner reservations. The breakfast is self serve, was the same every morning and not much of a variety; usually they ran out of spoons, glasses or mugs so had to wait for staff to bring more. This hotel is a family friendly hotel in that the staff of the small and only restaurant there tolerates kids running around and jumping on the couch and chairs near two fireplaces. The parents tried to subdue the kids but gave up and continued to eat their breakfast or sip on their wine at dinner while patrons gave them annoying looks. I complained to concierge that the kids were out of control but all I got were apologies. The two outdoor pools are in between tall buildings that felt confining. There are steps that lead up to the jacuzzi with a capacity of about ten with a view of the hotel across the street and if you're in the right spot you can see the mountain peaks in between buildings. The dry sauna next to the jacuzzi doesn't work - water is supposed to be poured over the decorative rock and heater however when I turned on the timer from the outside to start the heater didn't warm up; after about ten minutes I gave up. There is a small fitness room with a treadmill and a few stationary bikes. For any spa treatment, there's only one room and you get to it by going through the room of what appeared to be the employee locker room. If you want a manicure or pedicure you have to go to the other side of mountain village to Peaks resort - when it's around 20 to 30 degrees outdoors, your newly painted nails and toes are instantly dry almost seconds after walking out. Concierge offers a drive to the resort but I opted to walk. I had the treatments done and made it an adventure to walk back to the hotel and walking into one of the shops to thaw out since I was wearing sandals and felt a little frost bite coming on! The hotel ski valet take your equipment up to the slope so you can ski to a lift. In the end, my bill was wrong and I had to spend time fixing it, time that I hadn't planned in the morning after I returned from getting breakfast in the village and had to pack fast so I wouldn't miss my ride to the airport.

Room Tip: Noise from street for room with a view. Room without a view may have less noise but appear to face the building next door.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank criticzee
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Thanks to Bas and the rest of the staff for top notch service and really making our stay enjoyable. We stayed for a week over the very busy New Years holiday period.

Things we liked best about Lumiere: very helpful and attentive staff; clean room with nice bathroom; The Little Bar for breakfast and sushi; just a few steps to the slopes where you can ski down to the lift; in the end its about skiing and the ski valet rocks.

Not so great: for couples be prepared to be surrounded by children and and a few bed-headed, pyjama clad parents at breakfast; while the larger rooms are spectacular the smallest rooms are small and dark.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RumRunner38
Reviewed December 2, 2012

First, we want to thank all the staff at Hotel Lumiere, they were wonderful. Every member of staff was genuinely friendly and overly accomodating. Special thanks for setting up Thanksgiving dinner in our room. Also the breakfasts were wonderful and the chef's enthusiasm perked us up as much as the coffee.

The room was great, felt like home. The hotel only has a few rooms which makes it feel more personal.

While in Telluride, we also ate a few resturants and would highly recommend Siam for Thai (great, large menu), and Bloody Mary's at Floradora where the best we have had outside of New Orleans (our original home).

Finally, would like to thank everyone at Telluride ski school. Our daughter age 6, had two great days of instruction from Janet. My wife also had two days from Bill Davis. They were the best !!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family