“Quaint lovely pub :)”

The French Horn Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Horn Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: " Traditional Old English Restaurant / Pub Serving English Food In A Modern "
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Me and my partner visited this lovely pub for a celebration meal. We had to book in advance as it was a Friday night and they were busy. So I would recommend doing so if you don't want to be disappointed by not getting a table.

The service was very welcoming, friendly and relaxed. Our server was very good and suggested recommendations for wine; which Must say was exquisite. The deco was an 'ye old English style' which was lovely, beautiful wooden flooring with different sizes table and chairs. It definitely gave the pub a quirky feel.

The food was extremely yummy, the small menu suits the pub and whatever you try on the menu you want to come back and try the other things because they all sound do good. For starters I chose the prawn cocktails with pea/avocado dip with lemon and my partner had chilli squid with chilli mayonnaise and side salad. These were both very yummy and presented well, the chilli squid was on a black slate board which was a great effect.

For mains I had the sirloin steak with had thick chunky chips ,garlic beans,vingeared onions and vingerate salad. The steak was cooked exactly how I liked it and the chips were amazingly tasty. My partner had the crabs cock linguine pasta with peas, he said this was also very tasty and a generous portion to. To complement our meal we had a selection of olives,pitta bread and balsamic vinegar and oil dip.

For dessert we chose to have the mocha tart with white chocolate Ice cream, this dessert was to die for...the ice cream was so tasty that me and my partner fought over who got the last bit :)

Good prices for the quality of food you get, average price is around £45. We paid £64 but that was with 3 courses, extra side and wine. Very good value we thought.

Definitely visit here if you like food that is locally sourced and cooked. The flavour and passion behind it is apparent in the lovely friendly staff who serve it. The highlight was the very strange Rastafarian dog that was chilling in the reception hall as we entered, very friendly and a good feature to the pub.

1  Thank pinklady2410
There are newer reviews for The French Horn Pub

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Dined here with friends. The food was good and the French Horn has a lovely ambience. Would definitely recommend

1  Thank mx5fan
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Came here for my nephew's birthday who had reserved a room.Several tasty platters were passed around including squid,fries olives/pitta,savoury popcorn,dip etc.Appetites whetted we then ordered a burger and fries which was very good.One word of warning though -the rug/throw on the sofa is actually a rasta dog, as my young niece found out to her surprise when she went to sit on it.

1  Thank hellothereitsmehere
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a lovely meal with friends, good service, relaxed friendly atmosphere. Two of us had the steak and mushroom pie which was very nice but when you broke the pastry there wasn't an awful lot of meat in the dish, probably about an inch at most so this was a little disappointing.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Over the years I have spent many happy hours at the French Horn, but having not visited for the last few, I was absoultely delighted with our recent visit to celebrate my husband's milestone birthday. Planning a surprise meal for 20 friends is not always the easiest thing to deliver, but John, Richard and all the staff went out of their way to accomodate us and make the evening a complete success. The menu selection, food quality, standard of service and atmosphere were all excellent and we look forward to returning very soon.

1  Thank JulesH21