“As good as last time”

The French Horn Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
The French Horn Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: " Traditional Old English Restaurant / Pub Serving English Food In A Modern "
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I reviewed the French Horn a few months back - the first time we went, and said how great it was.

Went back last night with some friends - again, the restaurant did not disappoint. We all said it was the best fillet we had in a long long time (we all had fillet for mains).

I had devilled kidneys for starter (again), the two girls had chicken liver parfait (tasty), my pal had scallops with bacon & sweet peas which were exquisite.

The meal did cost a lot (about £250 for 4 with tip) but we had 2 rounds of drinks, water, 2 top end bottles of rioja, 3 courses, coffee and brandies.

Seriously recommend this place

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I cannot recommend this pub/restaurant highly enough! Since it has been under new management i have visited this place on more than two dozen occasions to eat. I also persuaded my boyfriend to take me here on our first date! To me, atmosphere and service is just as important as the food. I love coming here on a Sunday, plonking myself firmly down in one of the squishy leather chairs, ordering a nice bottle of red with my friends and flicking through the papers before having one of their superb roasts. It has a really home-conforting feeling. Equally, I enjoy coming and sitting in the dining room, which I would describe as a shabby-French chic. I travel the world for my job and have eaten in some of the finest and most expensive restaurants the world has to offer - but I really do love the French Horn! I would pay top-end for the food - but when the bill comes you are surprised at how inexpensive the food is. My favourite dishes include curried scotch egg, Belly of pork and all of the deserts are yummy! Coming here again at the weekend for our anniversary and i cant wait!

1  Thank michellef1
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Went to French Horn last night, 6 people loads of wine beer brandy whisky Fab food and very good value at roughly £40 per head. The food was full of flavour and the menu had great choices. Although there was a problem with 1 meal it was sorted and replaced with another excellent plate very quickly, and neither were charged. Great service and it has a dog friendly area too! Will definatly be going back soon with more friends and family!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Roast lamb was superb. Good selection of seasonal vegetables.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We moved to Steppingley a few months ago and love having it as our local. The menu is very ambitious with everything cooked to a high quality. Our gave is the burger because it is so hard to get a burger right. It's full of flavour, excellent meat, pickle and cheese - delish. We personally aren't a big fan of the triple-cooked chips so always opt for the skinny fries. All desserts are naughty, calorific and very nice -choc fudge sundae in particular! Any improvements? Would love to see more local ales at the bar.