“Plum Pudding to the Rescue!”
Review of Plum Pudding

Plum Pudding
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Armitage
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are a family run bar/restaurant serving freshly prepared authentic Italian cuisine located along the Trent Mersey canal, where you can dine 'al fresco' weather permitting. We have a set menu available Monday to Thursday, a main menu available all day every day plus a tapas menu served between June and September then a seasonal lunch menu replaces the tapas menu during the cooler months of the year. We also serve traditional Sunday roasts plus we have a live vocalist every Friday evening from 8pm. We cater for all occasions and dietary requirements. We have a large car park plus disabled access and facilities. Please note that the opening hours stated are the times we are open for food, however, our bar is open until later for drinks.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

After being let down badly by a neighbouring pub, my 40th birthday celebrations were looking to be a disaster. The Plum Pudding accommodated a booking for 11 at the last minute and were absolutely fantastic. Gorgeous food and a fantastic location, excellent customer service - would strongly recommend.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We dined at the plum pudding on saturday night, it was there 9 course set menu which they do once a month. We had champagne on arrival and took a seat and waited to be seated at the table, it was a very friendly atmosphere. Guiseppe the owner introduced himself and took us to our table for the nite. The food was excellent and the service was very good, the chef visited the tables and everybody seemed very pleased with the evening. There was also a female solo artist singing in the bar area who was very good. Overall a superb night and a place i will visit again.

1  Thank 610Steve
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited The Plum Pudding after many recommendations, on a Friday evening, having pre-booked. We arrived late (not our fault!) but they were totally unperturbed and even asked if we would like a drink at the bar before our meal.....and what a meal! The menu was fairly extensive, as was the specials board in fact I wanted everything! In the end we chose the bread and olive oil (bread was so fresh and lovely and warm), the king prawns and mushrooms in sauce as starters and the Fileto Rossini and lamb cutlets as main. All of the dishes were simply superb, beautifully cooked, and attentively served. The restaurant was spotlessly clean and had a real atmosphere of a bistro in the heart of Tuscany. The location was great, huge car park, and set on the side of the canal would be lovely in summer to sit and eat al fresco. All in all one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time, I just wondered why the name Plum Pudding for an Italian restaurant? But I'll live with that, and will be back there VERY soon!!!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and it was a great place to dine. Not only did it have private mooring for diners, but Giuseppe was a perfect host! He was informative on the menu, recommending Italian dishes as they 'should be' or offering them with an English twist, eg a carbonara without the cream sauce but would provide the sauce should we like it out 'usual way'. Was great to have a native explaining the dishes.
I am an extremely fussy eater and he had great patience with me and adapted my order perfectly. My friends who are not so fussy also thoroughly enjoyed their meals.
The waitress was very welcoming and cheery, which always makes a difference.
Overall a great place to eat with great personal service. Will come again next May!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Having travelled from London and having this restaurant recommended to me by a friend I can say that his glowing recommendation was spot on. The Service was impeccable and the iwner made our experience even more enjoyable. The food was amazing and the Bistecca Involtino was the best steak I have ever eaten and I will be recommending this restaurant to everyone I know.