“Excellent steaks!!Excellent Lomo !!!!”
Review of Lomito

Lomito
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Northwood
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lomito! The young Englishman and the Argentine girl met in 1973 at a bedsit in London’s Bayswater. It was to be the beginning of a love affair and union with all things Argentine.The latest embodiment of the Anglo-Argentine love affair is in the form of our family run restaurant, Lomito.Located in the heart of leafy suburb Northwood, we offer a slice of Argentine life in its food, wine and above all, hospitality.We believe that providing a relaxing space where wholesome food can be enjoyed amongst the company of family and friends, over a leisurely glass of wine is a heavenly combination.We welcome you to join us at Lomito & savour the moments with us.
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I visited Lomito last night for a special meal. First and foremost- yes it is expensive, but you should already know that before you book. However, the food was of a fantastic quality. All of our steaks were cooked to perfection and the flavors were amazing. The staff were attentive and friendly; the wine I list was thorough with a great deal of choice. Overall, as very special birthday meal will certainly go back for our next special occasion.Well done Lomito!!!

There are newer reviews for Lomito

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a glass of wine to go with my meal - I was horrified that at 7.50 a glass it was about a fifth full - don't take the mickey out of regular customers or may be Lomito don't care?!

3  Thank neelan
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We wanted somewhere differnt to go to celebrate wetting one of the Dads new arrival, I made the booking for 12 dads using the website. Next day a call to confirm the booking with a follow up call the day before. Upon arrival the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome - but not in a fussy way...
We had a few drinks in the bar area down stairs and then went to our table - Great menu if you like fish or meat, I had the Gambas for starters and the Chateau Briand to share with one of the dads - superb they both were and when/if there was an issue with the order then it was dealt with promptly. They have a private dining room too which looks cool may be next time we will have that. great Bonofi Pie for dessert and the Malbec was great too... see you soon Dads from Chorleywood

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Myself and my partner visited this restaurant a few weeks ago as I am partial to a good steak and neither of us were disappointed. We ended up spending 4 hours in the restaurant.

The food was define. We had 3 courses and left with extremely full and satisfying stomachs.

The steak was cook to exactly how I wanted it and the longastines I had to start were simply divine.

We were also recommended are dinner and after dinner cocktails that complimented our food choices.

The price is a tad on the expensive side but for the quality of the food I cannot complain.

I would Definatly recommend and will Definatly return

1  Thank kellyloder
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Friends recommended Lomito's to us, and rightly so. While I could nitpick, the bottom line is that the food quality exceeded almost all local restaurants that I have tried - and the steak undoubtedly deserves its reputation. I deliberately chose rump, as easiest for me to compare, and it was noticeably better quality and better cooked (despite a few rather chewy bits as is often the case). And it is good to have an option of a tasty side salad, rather than just chips (though they looked good too).

The rustic downstairs bar was a relaxing start to the evening, the drinks and service both very good, as was all the service upstairs - and the other food (I was impressed with the salmon ceviche and also guiltily enjoyed the chocolate dessert).The simple wooden décor is fine by me and I found the lighting perfectly OK, if not bright.

And, yes, it is not cheap - and quite a treat for us, but quite frankly we had been in a local pub shortly before and there was only about £1 difference in the steak price. So, do give it a go!

1  Thank Peter G