“Best service ever!!!”

Lomito
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Northwood
Cuisines: Argentinean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lomito! The young Englishman and the Argentine girl met in 1973 at a bedsit in London’s Bayswater. It was to be the beginning of a love affair and union with all things Argentine.The latest embodiment of the Anglo-Argentine love affair is in the form of our family run restaurant, Lomito.Located in the heart of leafy suburb Northwood, we offer a slice of Argentine life in its food, wine and above all, hospitality.We believe that providing a relaxing space where wholesome food can be enjoyed amongst the company of family and friends, over a leisurely glass of wine is a heavenly combination.We welcome you to join us at Lomito & savour the moments with us.
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I've been to Lomito last Saturday invited by some friends that booked a table for 12 people. It was my first time there but an experience I will always remember. We had a fantastic meal. The waiter brought over the meat board and explained us everything. He was the funniest waiter ever seen, his name is Luciano - he recommended the wines as well and took really good care of us. It's been a while since I haven't had so much fun during a dinner out.
The meal was fantastic : lots of food, nicely presented and very very delicious.
You must know is not a cheap place, but is Worthing every single pound spent there.
I will definitely come back with my wife there because there is a lot of dishes we really want to try.

At the end of day, like the music makes a good party, the service and the food made a fantastic evening at Lomito

Strongly recommend if you want to have a great night out!

Just a tip: ask for Luciano to serve you and you will understand what I mean

1  Thank Ovidiu G

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Staff fantastic. Meat brought out to you on tray before they cook it. Best steak ever. Rib eye!!!!!!!!! Cocktails to die for.
Bill not Not cheap about £60 each with drink cocktails top steak and deserts. I will return. !!!!!!!! Highly recommend which would Compare to a central London chain

1  Thank theroline
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We headed to this restaurant with friends after reading about it on Trip Adviser. We had a fantastic meal. We were running an hour late (taxi issues) and each time we rang the restaurant for an update on our arrival time, they were very friendly and assured us it was no problem whenever we got there. We were seated straight away and offered cocktails whilst mulling over the menu. the waiter brought over the board of meats and explained the different cuts and answered all questions we had.
We each chose a different cut and they were all superb, each steak comes with a side order (one if our party requested sweet potato chips instead of the regular ones and this wasn't a problem) and the extra side salad i ordered was a great size (not just a couple of lettuce leaves in a bowl!).
The meal was Delicious!!!! they also have some reasonably priced wines on the menu too.
Whilst this isn't a cheap night out, the quality of the service and food ensured we didn't feel like it was a waste of money.
We then headed downstairs to the bar area for some after dinner cocktails, we were told it is usually buzzing ; on this occasion it was pretty quite- but it meant the owner could spend plenty of time whipping up cocktails that weren't on the menu (would highly recommend the espresso martini!
We will definitely return.
Tamsin and Calvin

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We went here with friends expecting great food. The waitress came out with the cuts of steak and explained all to us and recommended which ones to have, but when they arrived the steaks were very average and you have to pay extra for a small bowl of chips ( or whatever else you choose). Very uninspiring, and very expensive. The atmoshere was OK, and the service good, but the food not as good as we were expecting. The bar area downstairs is nice. Don't think we would return.

1  Thank RosPinner
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Took my partner here last night for a birthday treat. Wow what a great experience. We were greated and seated immediately and recommended aperitifs to begin our meal. We both choose mojitos which gave us time to ponder over the menu and decide on our choice of steak. The atmosphere was buzzing in this Argentinian steakhouse. I choose the fillet and my partner the churasco. Both arrived with chunky chips and a lovely bernaise sauce. The steaks simply melted in our mouths. I've been many times to Beunos Aires and can honestly say El Lomitos is by far on a par with any Argentian steakhouse I have been to in that city. Our waitress was attentive to a T and truly made this birthday meal out a night to remember. I'm often disappointed when I go out to eat but I found this restaurant totally flawless in its food, service and atmosphere.