“I've already planned my next visit :) ”
Review of The Dairy

The Dairy
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Imagine a venue rich in history with a cool, retro vibe, high quality food and the warm, welcoming atmosphere you get at home. It's right here. Pull up a vintage milk churn stool and prop yourself up at Kent's loveliest restaurant and bar for dinner, drinks, nibbles, or one of our famous fresh milkshakes (served in a milk bottle, of course). Our hot homemade Scotch eggs, locally-sourced cheeseboards and epic fillet steaks need to be seen to be believed. We're proud to say all our produce is sourced from local farmers and cooked fresh on the premises. Come and see what all the fuss is about...
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Wether it's family gathering, a group of friends, meal for 2 or a coffee at the bar... The Dairy is stunning.
The food... Omg.. The food is so tasty! I had steak in puff pastry which was perfect to how I like it.
The milkshakes!!!you have to try the milkshakes! In a milk bottle!! Awesome.
The puddings.. I had choc! I would of licked the plate clean.. If I wasn't in a restaurant :)
The little touches of milk bottles & the super stylish bar design make The Dairy a place you don't want to leave!
Fab... I've already chosen my next meal from the menu!

3  Thank yogahoney

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Visited The Dairy for a girl's night out and we had a brilliant evening. Pre-dinner drinks in the bar beforehand was fun and great atmosphere – we loved the milk-churn bar stools and the hanging lights made from milk bottles! The owners Julie (hostess) and Paul (chef) have put so much effort into making their restaurant a unique, stylish place that's full of originality and character – and they make every customer feel so welcome. Great customer service. But the main draw for this village gem has to be the delicious food. The menu is full of Great British classics – my fillet steak with mushrooms and tomatoes and homemade chips has to be one of the best I've had. And it tastes so much better knowing that all of their produce has come from local farms and suppliers. Oh, and you must try the homemade scotch egg starter with yummy chutney as well as the gorgeous puddings. The quality is very high, but the prices are very reasonable. An absolute must-visit. Wish I lived closer so I could go there more often!

1  Thank Jennybear23
Reviewed February 23, 2014

So much thought has gone into this amazing new venue with a theme based around a Dairy. Be sure to look out for all the lovely finishing touches including milk churn seats, milk bottle pendant lights in the bar and many more delightful details unique to this wonderful village restaurant. The food is outstanding and the menu offers so much choice including many options for sharing if that's something you prefer to do. The atmosphere is efficient but relaxed and you are encouraged to enjoy each course at your own speed. We will definitely be going back...we have to as there is so much more on the menu we haven't tried yet! For those of you who like more detail...try the baked Camembert and the Gypsy tart...you won't be disappointed! The wine was lovely too and very reasonably priced. Look out for the little milk bottle sweets that come with your bill...my daughter thought this was fabulous!

1  Thank Eoz2014
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I had an amazing meal last night at The Dairy and we have nothing but positive things to say about it! Please do not listen to the negative reviews, you pay for quality and quality is what you get! I expect to pay extra for locally sourced quality food and enjoy supporting our local farmers at the same time.

The welcome is very warm and the bar is cosy, our table was waiting for us as soon as we wanted it and the service was great! The food was beautifully served and tasted fantastic! My husband said the gypsy tart was one of the best he had ever had and the chessboard can only be described as epic!!!! I have never seen such a large cheeseboard with so much choice. As a cheese lover this will be going down as the best!

If you are looking for a great atmosphere and excellent food mixed in with some history and culture then look no further!!

We have already booked another table and will most certainly be frequent visitors!!!

1  Thank Cass P
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Both my wife and I have just got back from a great night with excellent food in a great atmosphere . The food is outstanding, reasonably priced and a very friendly family run service. After our meal we crashed out on the couches and had a relaxing coffee by the fire. The Dairy is modelled on its history yet given a modern touch/twist. We will be back with family and friends and I can see our vista being regular. Thank you for making our valentines evening a great night to remember.