White Horse Inn
$50
Travelodge
Railway Hotel(Faversham)(Great Value!)
$88
Crescent Turner Hotel(Whitstable)(Great Value!)
$127
$125
Premier Inn Whitstable Hotel(Whitstable)(Great Value!)
$81
PremierInn.com
The Victoria Hotel(Canterbury)(Great Value!)
$121
$117
Hotels.com
$97
$72
Canterbury Hotel(Canterbury)
$111
All reviewswhite horsethe pubboth nightsold buildingtwo night staywell worth a visitsteak nightan ironnothing too much troublehome madebed was very comfortabletoastshort staylovely gardenstayed for one nightlast weekendhigh standard
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I liked
The food which was good value
The staff who were very pleasant

Now on to the dislikes....
It's a long time thankfully since I have experienced this type of room in a hotel
Everything has been done on the cheap.
Hard mattress rickety beds old carpet seventies style weak electric shower a WC lid that won't stay up
Single glazed tatty old windows and doors
The rooms each side and above are so poorly sound proofed that you can hear every toilet visit and particularly from above every step taken by the neighbours
On top of this the whole place could do with a really good clean
Two out of ten for overall lack of effort at this establishment Can't believe it is higher than two star!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
RamsgateOrange, Owner at White Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

We are 4 star Visit England assessed.
Thanks for your comments. I wish I knew which room you had stayed in so I could fix these problems before another guest checked in but I am not too sure. However, in answer, noise pollution happens in many hotels and it is not something we can fix very easily so I am sorry about that. But we are due to get the windows repainted, (they are wooden sash windows in a listed building ). Also we are looking at renewing some of the electric showers - but not all rooms have these. The doors are heavy fire doors so I am not sure why you thought them thin, but again we due to redecorate these too in the next few weeks.
The hotel was refurbed to a very high standard by Shepherd Neame just a few years ago, but it does now need to be redecorated which as I have been saying we are just about to start doing. The carpets are quality hotel grade, there are blackout curtains at the windows, and the furniture is modern chunky solid wood, the mattresses are high end (we get asked what make they are as many people find them very comfortable indeed) and we use Egyptian cotton bedding, environmentally friendly quality toilteries, DVD players in some rooms, free wi fi and lots of free parking.
Thanks again for your feedback and opinions about the White Horse Inn and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. And I am sorry you did not feel you could share your comments with me when you checked out.
Regards
Tara Birks

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was our second stay at this pub and it was really good once again on the whole. The food was very nice as were the staff who were friendly and polite. The setting is lovely and the convenience for places to visit is excellent for a village location.

My only criticism was the bed was a bit over used and had slats missing which made the bed suffer from a dip in the middle, though the room was good and clean we also had to ask for a second cup and towel.

Overall we thought it was very good value and worth a visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed here earlier this week with my partner and our puppy. On arrival we were greeted by a lovely lady at the desk who gave us all of the information we needed and also offered to book us a table in the restaurant that night. The room was quite big and was nice and warm when we went in. The bed was huge and comfortable. We were expecting less than average due to them allowing dogs in these rooms but they exceeded our expectations. There was a tv (loads of channels), kettle tea/coffee, toiletries, slippers. The room was clean and there was no noise at night.
We went into the pub for drinks/dinner, again the puppy was welcomed and they even had a dog bowl of water. The pub was very cozy and I could imagine being there in the winter with the log fire going. All of the staff were very friendly and genuinely happy to have you there. They came to advise us that a large coach party were about to order their food and that they will take our order before them so we didn't have to wait.
We will definitely go back to The White Horse Inn, thank you to all the staff for making our stay very pleasant

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike W
Reviewed October 13, 2012

It's a handy locationn for getting into Canterbury. The room seemed clean and quite a nice size. The only reason I am giving this such a low rating is because this is something that REALLY put me off.

The staff were ok, but one older gentleman had long dreadlocks, which I have absolutely nothing against, but he had no protective hat/hair net while he was handling the breakfasts so his long dreadlocks were flopping around while he was carrying food. I could aklso detect a strong BO smell. I'm afraid this really was off putting.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SparklyStuff
RamsgateOrange, Owner at White Horse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Your review is both harmful and infurious and violates Trip Advisor's guidlines which state that reviwerers should not make 'hurtful physical descriptions' but Trip Advisor seems to think what you have said is ok.
Your comments are completly inappropriate on this site and should have been made in pesron or by email.
You stayed with us for two nights, eating with us both nights and appeared to be perfectly happy when you checked out.
The White Horse

Reviewed October 10, 2012

we stayed here a year ago an we are still as impressed as we were back then. The rooms are lovely an warm. Lots of hot water which is always welcome in the morning. Food was amazing could not fault a thing. Would definatly recommend to any one. We will be back without a doute. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay brilliant. :-)

• Stayed: October 2012