“utterly delightful”
Review of The Linen Shed

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boughton-under-Blean
The Linen Shed
Reviewed September 1, 2012

if you love interesting and unusual interiors, if you enjoy delicious food and if you want to escape and feel spoilt, the Linen Shed is just the place. The small house is perfectly formed with a unique style which will make you want to move house to somewhere just as special immediately. Vickie is the perfect hostess, and a perfect cook, breakfasts are special - don't expect the usual fry up - and the granola bars which met me on arrival (plus a lovely cold glass of wine from the local farm shop of which I took 6 bottles home with me!) was to die for. The gorgeous towns of Faversham and Whitstable are close by so it makes a great location to visit both. My only complaint? i couldn't stay another night.

Room Tip: I had the room downstairs with a private bathroom - it has a smallish bed but I was on my own so it...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Takeagoodbook

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Personally, I don't want to share my bedroom with someone else's cat popping in and out (there is no lock on the bedroom door and it was hard to keep shut!) and all the owner's stuff in the wardrobe (leaving very liitle space to hang ones own clothes). Neither do I want to see the untidy utility room that was the immediate view straight ahead every time you left the bedroom on the ground floor (which is right next to the front door; often left open during the day and a bit worrying in terms of not having a lock on the bedroom door).

The bedroom on the ground floor was very small with a small double bed and the mattress was so uncomfortable, we debated leaving in the middle of the night and just going home to sleep. You had to pop across the hallway to the bathroom - past the front door and bottom of the stairs, so not very private! Dressing gowns were provided and whilst I have no doubt they were clean - they looked like something someone had left behind (a long time ago, so I wasn't tempted to wear them!). The toiletries matched - half empty bottles of mis-matched stuff!! The shower curtain made the whole "shower in a bath" experience VERY claustrophobic.

Thankfully the wonderful breakfast saved the day! It truly was a feast and the table was laid out beautifully on the veranda. There were SO many options to chose from (altho ordering was required the night before) and everything was cooked to perfection and served up tasefully. If there were other guests, you had to share one table with them, so were forced into having to make conversation with total strangers, which sounds harsh, but when all you really want to do is chill and savour the lovely garden and eat - you can't, without interuppting your own or their breakfast!

For us, it was a bit like staying in Grandma's house. I am sure it appeals to many people and I just want to share my own personal opinion as if I had read something like this, I might have formed a different view about where I was going to stay and not had such high expectations (gleaned from the photographs).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank freelander1994
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Linen Shed is an exceptional BnB and Vicky and Graham have in my opinion perfected the art of hospitality. I do not exaggerate when I say this is the most at home I have ever felt anywhere except actually being at home, on a Sunday, in pajamas and slippers. it really is that welcoming. I have one small comment and that is that if you are of just above average height (I am 6ft) then the downstairs bed is too short which is a shame as the rest of the experience is peerless. Sleeping however pales into insignificance compared to breakfast and I would have slept on the floor for the breakfast served at the linen shed. There are reams of options amazing breads/jams, epic apple juice etc all of which I had on top of the full English which was of excellent quality. Even after you have put your knife and fork down on breakfast the food does not stop Vicky packed us off with delicious homemade granola bars in the unlikely event of hunger rearing its head before dinner!

Despite the short bed I would definitely recommend and come back and if they get a longer bed I might not leave.

Room Tip: if you are tall don't get the downstairs room the bed is too short
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank d_parvin
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have family in Boughton-under-Blean, so The Linen Shed met a number of criteria for my wife and me: near enough to family without being under their feet; somewhere special to stay for a special visit; a place that was highly recommended by previous visitors; and most of all, somewhere we would feel 'comfortable'. We weren't disappointe on amny count. Graham greeted us when we arrived with a well needed pot of tea and a guide to the house. Vickie soon made an appearance and we were made to feel as if we were old friends who had dropped in after a long time away. I can't begin to describe the food - there is a limit to my vocabulary without becoming flamboyant - but as we said in the guest book, we stayed for 3 nights and eat 6 breakfasts worth of food. And not because we were greedy, Vickie just keeps producing more food! We stayed in the french room, which is going to cost me more money as Anthea has decided she now wants an empress bed with a tempur mattress. There was a television in the room, which we watched a grand total of twice. We had lots to do and see, like Jo-Jo's restuarant in Tankerton, Dover Castle, or even the Queens Head down the road, so we mostly just used the room to sleep. The tiled shower room was simply brilliant. Previous reviews have described the decor and the house far better than I could, so I won't repeat them - they're all very accurate. We have really enjoyed our stay, we enjoyed Vickie and Graham's hospitalty and hope to so again.

Room Tip: There was a room on the 'ground floor' near the front door, which might suit some.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank tasimov
Reviewed February 26, 2012

The Linen Shed is a beautiful, relaxed B&B in a gorgeous village in Kent. Vicky and Graham are wonderful hosts; attentive, interested in their guests and interesting, they really make the effort to ensure that their guests are comfortable and have a lovely stay. The breakfast was the best I have ever had and Vicky and Graham were full of tips of what to do and where to visit in the local area. We will definitely be going back...if we can get in...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LondonHoxton
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Thank you to Vickie from Yorkshire and her hubby Graham for sharing their wonderful home as this delightful B&B. Stylish 'shabby-chic' decor, with inspirational coordination of vintage and retro features. Amazing breakfasts, with a choice of high-quality gourmet ingredients (home-made griddle pancakes with sausage and maple syrup), sourced locally where possible - Vickie is a true 'foodie' in the best sense; trained chef, refined sense of taste and detailed knowledge of local restaurants and suppliers of good food. Our room (we stayed in early Dec '11) was comfortable, very warm, with a shared bathroom, and there were 2 other guest-rooms both with en-suite which were booked out. Vickie shares her lounge/ open plan kitchen with her guests for friendly pre-dinner chit-chat and warm hospitality. Highly recommended for a weekend break or romantic getaway - you will pay these room rates and more in other places and never feel this welcome or 'at home'.

Room Tip: The room without the en-suite is close to an outside gas or oil burner which hums. With the window c...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sioban W
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Booked to stay in November, really wanted a hotel so we could have a drink after eating out and before retiring but read reviews and had to give The Linen Shed a try.

What can I say, my partner and I were welcomed like old friends and immediately made to feel at home. The Linen Shed is enchanting, Vickie & Graham so very warm and friendly, food absolutely mouthwatering - never had a breakfast like it anywhere in the world!!

When you go visit Faversham, the main street leading down to Standard Quay, do hope it never changes. Dined at the Dove, casual but excellent food atmosphere and service as well as the little pub up the road which was very handy.

The main focul point of the weekend was the Linen Shed itself, its style & comfort is truly hard to find anywhere else

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EssexCharlotte
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boughton-under-Blean
Judd's Folly Hotel
#1 of 4 in Whitstable
The White Horse Inn
The White Horse Inn
#3 of 3 in Boughton-under-Blean

Been to The Linen Shed? Share your experiences!