“Pleasant staff and good meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Built in 1590, the Queen’s Head is a charming and stylish country pub in the picturesque village of Boughton-under-Blean with a warm atmosphere and excellent food and ale. Visitors can relax in the lounge by an open fire in the winter, enjoy a meal in the comfortable restaurant or soak up the sun on the veranda looking out over the pleasant garden during the summer.The Queen’s Head serves a delicious selection of freshly-prepared bar snacks and homemade dishes, with a blackboard of daily specials all of which you will find great value, as well as serving traditional cask ales, distinctive international lagers and a wide choice of good wines from independent producers around the world.We pride ourselves on being a “pub restaurant” in the best sense of both words, a real pub with a comprehensive range of wines and cask ales, but with the space, atmosphere and quality of food that makes us an ideal location for any occasion. Whether it is a family get together, a special celebration, a great value meal out when you don’t feel like cooking or even just a drink with friends, you will find a warm welcome at the Queen’s Head.Dogs – goats – chickens - alpacas, oh, and of course children are welcome! As we are a child and dog friendly pub we will be pleased to welcome all the family (even granny). To make your family time with us more enjoyable, we are pleased to provide for your use baby changing facilities, highchairs, water bowls and dog biscuits.
oxon
“Pleasant staff and good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Having found out the kitchen was not open on Monday evening for a meal we returned on
Tuesday and enjoyed a pleasant meal in the rear dining room. Serving staff were most efficient
and had a good sense of humour ! My Chicken dish was very good and the house wines well above average. Blackboard meals all sensibly priced.
Will return when in the area.

• Visited February 2013

Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Good pub grub and really welcoming atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Went for a family lunch and although new to the area found the bar staff really welcoming and friendly. Great choice of food Nothing out of the ordinary but well cooked and presented. Its a little pricey but i think you probably get what you pay for and it certainly tasted home cooked. After the meal the kids were given a small pot of sweets each which was a really lovely touch. I would recommend this to friends and already have done. I look forward to having an evening meal there in due course.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York, NY
“LOVELY.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a great holiday time at the Queens Head. Met both owners and became 'Lock-ins' a new term to me but I thoroughly enjoyed the night and company.

Visited December 2012
Boughton-under-Blean, United Kingdom
“The real best restaurant in Boughton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here with my boyfriend, my friends, my family and my kids numerous times over the past 18 months and it has never disappointed. In fact, we go there so often I joke to one of the staff that I do actually have a kitchen at home!

The fayre is honest, wholesome, home cooking and I've never struggled to find something to pique my interest from the menu or the constantly changing specials board - in fact quite the opposite; I worry if I don't have it now, it might not be on again the next week!

A warm atmosphere, a friendly chef and excellent service and staff make this the perfect village pub and we're lucky to have it.

This should be # 1 in Boughton under Blean

Boughton-under-Blean, United Kingdom
“Loving the Queens Head”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have eaten at the Queens. Head regularly over the last 2 years and can not identify with the recent poor review, the food has always been good, well priced, and the service excellent. It isn't a London gastro pub, and long may it remain that way!! it's a good village pub with a great chef and staff, it's always well attended and we are lucky to have it whilst so many village pubs close.. Pretentious London money I'm sure it can do without..

1 Thank Julian2133