“The real best restaurant in Boughton”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Queens Head

The Queens Head
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Built in 1590, the Queen’s Head is a charming and stylish country pub in the picturesque village of Boughton-under-Blean with a warm atmosphere and excellent food and ale. Visitors can relax in the lounge by an open fire in the winter, enjoy a meal in the comfortable restaurant or soak up the sun on the veranda looking out over the pleasant garden during the summer.The Queen’s Head serves a delicious selection of freshly-prepared bar snacks and homemade dishes, with a blackboard of daily specials all of which you will find great value, as well as serving traditional cask ales, distinctive international lagers and a wide choice of good wines from independent producers around the world.We pride ourselves on being a “pub restaurant” in the best sense of both words, a real pub with a comprehensive range of wines and cask ales, but with the space, atmosphere and quality of food that makes us an ideal location for any occasion. Whether it is a family get together, a special celebration, a great value meal out when you don’t feel like cooking or even just a drink with friends, you will find a warm welcome at the Queen’s Head.Dogs – goats – chickens - alpacas, oh, and of course children are welcome! As we are a child and dog friendly pub we will be pleased to welcome all the family (even granny). To make your family time with us more enjoyable, we are pleased to provide for your use baby changing facilities, highchairs, water bowls and dog biscuits.
Boughton-under-Blean, United Kingdom
“The real best restaurant in Boughton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here with my boyfriend, my friends, my family and my kids numerous times over the past 18 months and it has never disappointed. In fact, we go there so often I joke to one of the staff that I do actually have a kitchen at home!

The fayre is honest, wholesome, home cooking and I've never struggled to find something to pique my interest from the menu or the constantly changing specials board - in fact quite the opposite; I worry if I don't have it now, it might not be on again the next week!

A warm atmosphere, a friendly chef and excellent service and staff make this the perfect village pub and we're lucky to have it.

This should be # 1 in Boughton under Blean

Boughton-under-Blean, United Kingdom
“Loving the Queens Head”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have eaten at the Queens. Head regularly over the last 2 years and can not identify with the recent poor review, the food has always been good, well priced, and the service excellent. It isn't a London gastro pub, and long may it remain that way!! it's a good village pub with a great chef and staff, it's always well attended and we are lucky to have it whilst so many village pubs close.. Pretentious London money I'm sure it can do without..

1 Thank Julian2133
Borough London
“Poor culinary execution”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I visited The Queen's Head on Friday night and had an extremely mediocre dinner. I had a 'Vietnamese' salad of squid and belly pork which lacked any authentic tastes of Vietnam. My wife endured an overcooked risotto which had the consistency of tinned rice pudding. I think that the chef should go back to basic honest pub food and not try to serve dishes found in much more competent London gastropubs. On a positive note the Shepherd Neame Master Brew bitter was excellent.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Best Country Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Over the last four years the restaurant has built up a loyal following,mainly to the new tenant David Kennedy .Such is his dedication & that of his team ,that this establishment has been awarded Shepherd & Neame Food pub of the year 2012 .The meals are well thought out & substantial,with variations throughout the year according to local supplies .Indeed some of the produce comes from their own farm .My starter of pork & vegetable spring rolls with a chilli dip & salad was delightfull .The main course i chose ,was a homemade Lamb & vegetable pie in a hot water crust pastry,served with a chunky mash potatoe & peas.My wifes starter of winter vegetable soup with a local crusty bread ,was thick & warming.The main course choice of home cooked ham ,came up in thick slices of the tastiest ham ever !Topped with two free range eggs hand cut chips & home made ketchup ,gorgeous .Many different "Specials" are on offer each day .Home made desserts looked delicious ,but we were too full to partake of them .A good & varied selection of wines & real ales add to this very traditional country pub ,with its warm & cosy atmosphere .Parking to the rear ,Disabled access.

• Visited December 2012
Bridport, United Kingdom
“Love this pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Live just down the road, and always find a warm welcome. Have eaten there on many occasions, and brought lots of friends too!

• Visited December 2012