“Anita A "Amazing!!"”
Review of Grenache Restaurant - CLOSED

Grenache Restaurant
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Grenache has been open for 5 years, One under the new management of Mike & Karen. Grenache is an intimate 34 cover restaurant in the suburbs of Salford and proud! We were awarded with 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence in March 2014 and a further recommendation for excellence in the Michelin Guide in 2015. We beat off stiff competition to win The Good Food Guide's Best North West Restaurant Award in 2013. Not only do we serve fantastic food but we also pride ourselves on our level of service. We offer an Early Market Menu, available all evening, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 6.00Pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We also offer a 'blind' tasting menu which is excellent value for seven courses at only £49.50 Per head.
“Anita A "Amazing!!"”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was taken to Grenache Restaurant for a birthday celebration on Sunday afternoon 13.07.14. The reception on arrival was excellent, staff were pleasant and helpful. The food was beautifully presented, and all three courses were amazing with delicious unexpected pre starter and pre dessert nibbles. Service was attentive but not intrusive. I can't wait to go back with friends to experience more of this gorgeous food in the relaxed atmosphere of Grenache.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fine cuisine in Walkden”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We had promised ourselves to come here for a long time, and finally got round to it for a birthday treat. Glad we did. A real surprise for Walkden - as good as, and better than most restaurants in Manchester. A small, intimate, dining experience, with extremely polite attentive staff who were not intrusive. The food was great, with little extras such as an amuse bouche and other little delicacies from time to time. A really good night and a return visit is a certainty.

1 Thank Steve B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I first came to Grenache a year ago, before it won the rosettes and remember being impressed by our dining experience. My return trip did not disappoint and I have had my fair share of dining experiences.

The scallops to start were just stunning. Elegant to look at and melted in your mouth. The belly pork for main was just marvellous. The staff were welcoming, friendly and attentive.

I'd certainly be back and would recommend others - I can see why this chef has two rosettes to his name and it will only be a matter of time before a third one is accomplished.

1 Thank Michelle N
“underwhelming”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Ate here on Friday 20th May, my son and husband enjoyed it more than I did.My husband had the mackerel starter and my son had the foie gras, both said they were good. However I chose the scallop and langoustine risotto (for which there was a supplement ,so very pricey) very bland, seafood rather tasteless.When the waitress asked how it was I said okay and she said just okay?and seemed amazed that I wasn't raving about it.For mains my son had fillet steak which he enjoyed and my husband and I had lamb rump which was served with 3 little mounds of dauphinoise potatoes and 1 tiny tiny baby carrot. The lamb was nice but were asked if we were okay with it being served pink inside and we said yes but it actually came cooked through,not overcooked but not pink.
For desserts the men both had the cheeseboard which was fine but I ordered the caramelised apple tarte tatin,which was what seemed to be poached apple slices on a pastry base,definitely not tarte tatin and served with a scoop of vanilla icecream which does not require much imagination.
Overall very average and quite pricey for 'average'.Below expectations.

• Visited May 2014
6 Thank rosemary m
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We went in on a Sat night around 5 without booking an the lady on the door fitted us in no problem. She was such a breath of fresh air and was down to earth an chatty without being in your face. The manager then came over and he to was such a chatty man an gave recommendations on the food. I really enjoyed the freshly cooked food as did my partner an the cocktail was delicious. We will definitely be returning with family to have a wonderful meal with friendly staff. Excellent!

1 Thank licklesweetie