“Lovely Restaurant.”
Review of Grenache Restaurant - CLOSED

Grenache Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary, European, British, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Grenache has been open for 5 years, One under the new management of Mike & Karen. Grenache is an intimate 34 cover restaurant in the suburbs of Salford and proud! We were awarded with 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence in March 2014 and a further recommendation for excellence in the Michelin Guide in 2015. We beat off stiff competition to win The Good Food Guide's Best North West Restaurant Award in 2013. Not only do we serve fantastic food but we also pride ourselves on our level of service. We offer an Early Market Menu, available all evening, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 6.00Pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We also offer a 'blind' tasting menu which is excellent value for seven courses at only £49.50 Per head.
“Lovely Restaurant.”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My husband took me here for a birthday meal. The food and service were excellent, unfortunately we were next to a table with 3 ladies and one man. We were subjected to the whole conversation on the next table due to the loud conversation. Half way through our meal two ladies left the table and then one returned to inform them and us due to the loud voice that one was outside with a bowl throwing up. Just the sort of thing one wants to hear when 'enjoying a meal'. The afflicted lady duly returned and was clearly then OK as she was drinking red wine! We were then regaled with the full details of eye operations. The whole evening was completely ruined by this thoughtless and rude behaviour. Not the fault of the restaurant just the fact that we were seated unfortunately next to people without any consideration for other diners. What a lovely birthday !
My rating below for atmosphere, romance and special occasion was connected to the experience we had from the next table NOT the restaurant itself.

• Visited January 2014

“Never Again!!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was invited along from a friend through work before Christmas
On reflection I just want to say how poor I thought the service and food was.
No parking, expensive, rude team members
Never again!!!

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank Katie P
Lindsey-Manageress, Owner at Grenache Restaurant, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi Katie P

I've read your 'review' (and I use that term loosely) and would like to be able to respond to your comments but am struggling as you have not detailed any of your issues surrounding your visit.

All I can say is, I don't feel we are expensive (17.95 for 2 courses or 20.95 for 3 courses!) my staff are definitely not rude (read all the other comments on here) and I wouldn't employ them if they were,. Yes, we do not have our own private car park (by the way, neither do The French, Manchester House, Aumbry or Australasia but it never did any if them any harm).

If you would like to contact me at info@grenacherestaurant.co.uk or on 0161 799 8181 and let me know personally the problems you had during your visit I will do my utmost to resolve them for you.

Obviously it would have been better if you had done this during your visit when I could have rectified the issues immediately and then you wouldn't have had to post a few vague sentences on here instead!
Kind regards and speak soon

Huss
Owner
Xabia
“Great food great atmosphere”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have been her now a good few times, the staff are always welcoming & the food is just delightful. As good as any Restraunt in the city. Well worth a visit,and I'm sure you will be back,as Arnold says!!!! One thing that would be fantastic is if there was room for outdoor seating,but saying that it might spoil this quaint little Restraunt. 5*

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Paul O
“Amazing - Anniversary”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my boyfriend we had been together 7 years and wanted to do something special. I have never been so fussed over in a restaurant. The staff were brilliant and looked after us the whole night.

Now let's talk food!!! I don't know what else to say but amazing. Hats off to the chef, I eat out on a regular basis but this was amazing and one of the best meals I have ever had.

Will be recommending to everyone I know and will be back again soon.

2 Thank Shorty84
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent - Rivals the high end London restaurants, and well worth the 400 mile round trip!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I visited with family for a Pre-Christmas meal, we had originally booked to go elsewhere - but due to traffic could not keep our booking, so was a little apprehensive when the restaurant said they could fit us in, the reviews all said it was excellent, but I was skeptical, if its so good, how could they fit us in? I am so glad that they did.

I have eaten in many high end London restaurants (including a private members dining rooms and Michelin starred restaurants) The whole dining experience at Grenache rivalled my experiences in London. The food was expertly, and cleanly presented without being fussy.

The Mackrel starter was a balance & contrast of flavours, each complementing the whole taste experience. The Souffle was light and fluffy and paired exceptionally well with the acidic piccalilli.

I had the Duck breast with Confit duck Main dish - it was a more than ample in portion, with great balance in flavours and textures - the red cabbage was divine and complemented the duck exquistely. My partner had the Sea Bass with Saffron Mussel ragout and found it deliciously seasoned and a great balance of flavour, others in our party had the lamb with 'hotpot' potatoes, and said they had never had lamb so perfectly cooked, the vegetarian in the party had the wild mushroom Pithivier and found it to be a delicious main meal, and a generous portion.

The deserts were delightful, with a varied choice. I can highly recommend the Plums. The Cheeseboard was a nice combination of 5 cheeses - the brie was served oozingly well, and I can honestly say its the best brie I have tasted in a long while (even better than the one I bought in France during the summer), the cheeseboard was served with plenty of celery, bread and a seasonal chutney. One of the party asked about a desert that wasn't on the menu, and within minutes we were advised that the Chef would be only too happy to prepare sonething similar to the requested desert.

The additional touches of Amuse bouche whilst waiting for our starters, and warm mince pies with coffee were outstanding.

The menu which changes weekly, gave a delicious range of gastronomic delights, and offered a wide range of gluten free choices - one of our party is coeliac, and found that he could have a wide range of options, without having to be limited as per normal when we go out.

The staff were friendly, welcoming, polite, courteous and very knowledgeable about the menu, and gave excellent advice in pairing wines with the food choices made.

We travelled over 400 miles (round trip) and are already planning our return trip - well worth the effort.

As for value for money, I cannot believe how reasonably priced the whole bill was, and had to check the bill to make sure they hadn't forgotten to bill us for something, and they hadn't. I was pleasantly surprised at the bill. For the party of 6, I was expecting the bill to be much higher to match the high standard and quality of food. I have been known to spend the equivalent amount for 2 of us in a London restaurant!

Well done to the team at Grenache, a truly fine dining experience. From front of house, waiting staff & chefs, they all deserve a vast amount of praise.

I will certainly be coming back soon.

• Visited December 2013