“Family xmas meal”
Review of Grenache Restaurant - CLOSED

Grenache Restaurant
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Grenache has been open for 5 years, One under the new management of Mike & Karen. Grenache is an intimate 34 cover restaurant in the suburbs of Salford and proud! We were awarded with 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence in March 2014 and a further recommendation for excellence in the Michelin Guide in 2015. We beat off stiff competition to win The Good Food Guide's Best North West Restaurant Award in 2013. Not only do we serve fantastic food but we also pride ourselves on our level of service. We offer an Early Market Menu, available all evening, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 6.00Pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We also offer a 'blind' tasting menu which is excellent value for seven courses at only £49.50 Per head.
Manchester, Uk
“Family xmas meal”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant !!!
Treated like a long lost friend, nothing is too much trouble.
Food is amazing, little bites to try brought to your table, service is second to none !!
The manager is lovely and so are the staff.
Well done to all at Granache, we will be back !!!

• Visited December 2013

Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“Best in class”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had the opportunity to return a couple of valued clients back to the Grenache at their request prior to taking them to Old Trafford to watch a game.

Once again we were not disappointed, my clients were unfortunately late but this was absolutely no problem for the fantastic staff. I was made to feel very welcome whilst I sat and waited for my guests, once they arrived they were welcomed with great warmth and a nothing is too much trouble attitude.

The food was simply great, we were given a complimentary fishcake taster to try whist we ordered and some amazing home made breads, our mains were fantastic, I had the fillet medium rare which was cooked perfectly, my guest had the lamb with a bet ! The wager being that if it wasn't the best he'd ever had he didn't have to pay for it, or buy Huss a drink if it was.

My guest ended up owing Huss the drink, we all had the cheese to follow which was just as good as we remembered if not better!. It was great to see Huss and listen to his descriptions of the food on offer and his recommendations of things to try

Finally we were treated to a homemade mince pie and cream which rounded off the meal perfectly, thanks Huss for a great evening! I can't wait to come back to buy you that drink.

The only negative my team lost at the football!

• Visited December 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Food was truly excellent. Not a lot else to say! If this place was in Central Manchester everyone would rave about it. Maybe they prefer it as a tucked away gem. My only complaint is that the trip advisor map appears to put it in totally the wrong place ( the other side of Bolton).

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go again”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Well I finally got to go here after years of wanting to go. I went with my friend who had been once with her parents who are frequent visitors. My friend is quite fussy with her food so her recommending here was a good sign. We both went with the early decadence menu. I am a bread lover and thought the complimentary bread was very very fresh and tasty. My friend had the leek and potatoe soup which she loved. I had the mushrooms which came on toasted bread topped with a duck egg which I did not realise could taste so amazing. My friend had the steak and chips which she loved and I had to steal a chip which was a proper homemade chip yum. I had the veal with champ mash, I have never tried veal but this again was well cooked and very tasty. I did order the desert of apple crumble which although lovely I could not finish as I was we'll and truly stuffed. I found the staff to be attentive professional and not in your face. The manger was again attentive friendly and I can see why he has return custom after seeing the friendliness and banter between him and customers. I have already booked again for my birthday meal which I will look forward to. On a last note my friend both had the house white and rose wine which was very nice.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michelle J
Manchester, United Kingdom
“October Wine Tasting Event”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We all thoroughly enjoyed the delicious food and splendid Australian and New Zealand wines at the Grenache October 2013 Wine Tasting event. There was a four course meal comprising soup starter, fish course, main course and desert with 2 glasses of wine and a detailed talk at the table on each sample given by a knowledgable sommelier. We also had a table visit at the end of the evening from Mike Jennings the excellent chef who we were delighted to compliment face to face. The restaurant was full which was a clear indication that this event has a lot of regular supporters. We spent four hours there and certainly experienced the 'decadence' which Huss is promoting! Four courses, eight glasses of wine and good service from attentive staff........ what's not to like? Excellent!.

• Visited October 2013