“Best Meal In A Long Time”
Review of Grenache Restaurant - CLOSED

Grenache Restaurant
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Grenache has been open for 5 years, One under the new management of Mike & Karen. Grenache is an intimate 34 cover restaurant in the suburbs of Salford and proud! We were awarded with 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence in March 2014 and a further recommendation for excellence in the Michelin Guide in 2015. We beat off stiff competition to win The Good Food Guide's Best North West Restaurant Award in 2013. Not only do we serve fantastic food but we also pride ourselves on our level of service. We offer an Early Market Menu, available all evening, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 6.00Pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We also offer a 'blind' tasting menu which is excellent value for seven courses at only £49.50 Per head.
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband treated me to a meal here on Friday 02/03/12 and I can honestly say it was one of the best meals we have ever had. The food was excellent and the staff were very attentive, but not over the top. We exchanged our desserts as they were not quite what we expected, and they did this with no hassle at all.
It was nice to have a drink in the bar upstairs prior to our meal, and again for a night cap after we had finished. Plus living close we did not have to pay a fortune in taxi fares which is what we have to do if we venture into Manchester. I look forward to returning in the not too distant future and would like to thank Huss and his team for making this a fantastic evening.

There are newer reviews for Grenache Restaurant

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Service, venue and food are all excellent. Modest sized venue, that is just right for that really special romantic occasion. The menu is not huge however I feel sure there is something there for everyone. Extensive wine list, with prices for all pockets. The lounge area upstairs is very cosy and ideal for pre or post meal drinks. Really cannot praise this place, the owner or the staff enough. My only regret is that we never tried it earlier. Will definitely be going back and very soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My daughter and son in law took me there today for lunch. It was fantastic. I had 2 courses, the pate followed by roast pork and trimmings. The food was cooked to perfection and piping hot. Daughter is a vegetarian she had soup followed by stuffed pepper, the pepper was delicious and thats a good comment from her she usually moans about the bland food served in non vegetarain restaurants, son is law had the pigeon followed by roast pork. Same comments good food. As for the owner, what a lovely man made us all feel at ease, had a bit of banter but was not at all intrusive, waiting staff are lovey attentive and helpful. Well worth a visit, oh the other good thing, prices are spot on.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I recommend this restaurant to all my friends & family as its simply the best! Me & my husband travel all over the world & have visited michelin star restaurants & five star dining & to be honest they dont come close to this restaurant. I am quite a fussy eater & the food i first tasted when i visited this restaurant was devine, the scallops are cooked to perfection & the rest that follows is just as good. The staff are very friendly & attentive & the manager Huss welcomes us with open arms. I can also recommend the wine tasting nights where we have met the most amazing friends & have a brilliant night out all for a small price, i really cannot fault this restaurant.
Chris & Julie Jackson

GrenacheRestaurant, Owner at Grenache Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

Thank you both for your lovely comments. We are so glad that you enjoy your visits to us, especially our wine tasting evenings (next one is on the 21st March).
Hope to see you soon.
Huss

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Visiting this much feted restaurant, I guess expectations were high with recent "awards" Staff were attentive, a little over eager as we were asked 7 times for drink/wine orders, when we clearly had a bottle of wine on the table!! Food was pleasant enough (on glass plates?) but elements of some dishes were cold. Portions were on the small side and at a 'la carte prices it is testing the pocket to expect to charge for veg. as an accompaniment. Final bill for 2, 2 courses plus bottle of wine and 4 beers £90.
Hearing every diner being asked to complete HI LIFE recommendation cards, that they offer to send off on your behalf, throws into question the true value of these awards!!

2  Thank onehotchick
GrenacheRestaurant, Manager at Grenache Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Hi onehotchick,

Many thanks for your recent review. We take all feedback seriously and I thought id take the chance to respond to you.

Following your comments regarding drinks, I have reiterated to the staff that they only need to ask if the customer if they would like another drink, when they have finished the one they are drinking. I can only think that you were asked several times as I have recently recruited 2 new members to my small team and they are still getting used to our normal processes. Anyway, thanks for letting me know and i'll definitely keep an eye on it.

I'm not sure if the ? after your glass plates comment means you didn't like the plate your dish was served on but as its the second time it has been mentioned on this site I am going to sit down with the head chef and discuss if our main courses should all be presented on white plates. The way we present our food is usually his decision and some dishes do look better on a different style of plate. I am disappointed you did not bring to my attention that certain elements of your food were cold. I always say please, please tell us at the time if you are not happy with your food and we always check in with the customer while they are eating their starter that everything is OK and then again when they are eating the main course. That is your opportunity to let us know if their is anything not quite right. i would prefer you to have had an issue and then have given us the opportunity to correct it rather than leaving with a bad taste in your mouth (if you pardon the pun).

We do not expect you to pay for vegetables and all our dishes are built by the head chef to complement and balance out one another. This includes textures, flavors and portion size of dish. The side portions we offer (all priced at £2.50) are not because you need them but are available in case you just simply fancy them. We do class ourselves as "fine dining" and as such are plates are not over flowing but they are also not tiny size portions.

I am assuming that your £90 bill for two people was because you both ate our most expensive starter (scallops £8.50) and both ate our most expensive main (fillet steak £22.95). Our house wine is £12.95 and bottles of lager at £3 each. I would like to take the opportunity to also point our that we don't charge for the flavored breads and butter or for the amouse bouche appetizer that all our customers receive prior to their meal and then again prior to their dessert. Our cheapest starter is £4.75 and our cheapest main meal is £9.95 so you can eat for less than you paid for your meal if you want. We also have a set priced menu at £14.95 for 2 courses/£17.95 for 3 courses. Our prices do fluctuate each week (the menu changes weekly) due to supplier prices, seasonal availability and complexity of the dish to prepare.

Finally, you are right, a Hi Life voting card does go out to each table with their bill but my staff always tell the customers that it is not compulsory to fill it in. We do not force customers to vote for us and if you consider we were shortlisted with restaurants that serve the same number of customers in a day, that we serve in a week, I think its an absolutely fantastic achievement to win.

Again thank you for your comments which I hope I have answered for you.