“Fantastic Christmas Night Out”
Review of Grenache Restaurant - CLOSED

Grenache Restaurant
Cuisines: French, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Grenache has been open for 5 years, One under the new management of Mike & Karen. Grenache is an intimate 34 cover restaurant in the suburbs of Salford and proud! We were awarded with 2 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence in March 2014 and a further recommendation for excellence in the Michelin Guide in 2015. We beat off stiff competition to win The Good Food Guide's Best North West Restaurant Award in 2013. Not only do we serve fantastic food but we also pride ourselves on our level of service. We offer an Early Market Menu, available all evening, Wednesday & Thursday, and until 6.00Pm on Fridays and Saturdays. We also offer a 'blind' tasting menu which is excellent value for seven courses at only £49.50 Per head.
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Fantastic night out from the minute we arrived, from when Huss tried to wind my friend up over the booking, through the superb service and faultless food (the lemon posset is divine!) to the DJing by Andy who kept us dancing all evening with the 'Ladies' Night' 70's disco music just for us.

This was an early Christmas 'girls night out' and it surpassed our expectations. We will be back!

There are newer reviews for Grenache Restaurant

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have been 3 times now, as a couple, family group and for a birthday, everytime the food, service and atmosphere has been just right. I would recommend Grenache to anyone knowing that they couldn't fail to enjoy the experience

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I first went to Grenache in the summer and I have returned twice since - once for a meal with my girlfriend and again, last night, for one of the wine-tasting evenings. All I can say is that my fourth visit cannot come soon enough.

On all three visits the food has been uniformly excellent. It is clear, not only from what Huss and Lindsay say, but more from what you can see, smell and taste that hours of thought and preparation go into each dish. I can say, hand on heart, that on all three visits there was nothing that I didn't like, or I wasn't keen on - and that includes the complimentary canopies you get on each visit. Last night's unique take on the traditional Christmas turkey, for example was a succulent delight!

On to drinks - I am not much of a wine drinker but those I we sampled at the wine tasting were lovely and, given what I said earlier about the preparation of the food, I am positive that the same level of care and attention goes into choosing what is served. It was our first one last night, but we will definitely be back for more in January!

If, like me, you are more of a beer drinker then, again, you are in luck. The selection of bottled lagers available includes some of the best - Krombacher, Peroni, Quilmes etc - none of your watery, gassy numbers here!

The whole experience, whether it is one of the wine-tasting evenings or a regular meal out represents excellent value for money considering the standard of what's on offer. I have been to far more expensive places and left vowing never to return. As I said before, my next visit here cannot come soon enough.

Finally, a word about the staff. All of the waiters and waitresses are friendly and helpful. Nothing seems like too much trouble for them, even on busy nights. Lindsay is so friendly and has made us feel very welcome on every visit.

As for Huss - if you're the sort of person who a restaurant serving fine food needs an owner who is a haughty snob in a starched dicky who looks down his nose at you as you choose the wine then this is not the place for you. If instead you value an owner with bundles of knowledge and enthusiasm, who is helpful and welcoming, has a wicked sense of humour, and who fosters a friendly, fun atmosphere among the you, the staff and even the other guests then you have to give this place a try. Whether it's your first visit or your 50th, he treats you with the same mix of courtesy, energy and joie-de-vivre.

Highly recommended

Fred

GrenacheRestaurant, Manager at Grenache Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Hi Fred

After what can only be described as a really tough, busy night, I have just read your comments. Maybe i'm hormonal or just a big old softy but I can honestly say they brought a tear to my eye. Sometimes we can all forget the impact we have on our customers and just how much we are appreciated. It is with great pleasure that I am now printing out your lovely words and handing them to each member of staff before they leave this evening.
Thank you so much and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Lindsey

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have recommended hotels, guest houses and restaurants before but I think the best by far is Grenache. I have read all the other comments and cannot believe that anyone can dislike the place, Huss or the food. Huss and his staff are passionate about the atmosphere, the welcome and the food. Huss's sense of humour might not be appreciated by all but those who know him well know that he really knows his job and tries his best to make all his customers (not just his regulars and friends) welcome and feel at ease. If anything doesn't come up to expectations tell him on the night and I am sure he will put it right. I've have never been disappointed when eating at Grenache. I have been with family, with friends and have regularly been to the special "Wine tasting evenings" and have always enjoyed everything about the evening. I have also been for Sunday Lunch and this also is recommended by me and the family.

2  Thank lavjack60
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I have to disagree with one of the previous comments, the food is out of this world, nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they are friendly and welcoming including the manager

I have been to many restaurants in this area and further afield and can honestly say this is the best restaurant around by miles and one I would recommend every time. The onion rings I had last night are the best I have ever tasted, excellent.

Thanks for a great night.

Debra

GrenacheRestaurant, Owner at Grenache Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Hi Debra

Your comments brought a smile to my face and the staff were thrilled to read your review. Sometimes I have to remind myself that you cant please all of the people all of the time - however hard you try!
Hope to see you in the near future and let me know when you are coming and ill make the onion rings again for you....
Huss