“Beware and save your money”
Review of Silver Point Hotel

Silver Point Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Silver Sands
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Beware and save your money”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed recently at the Silver Point Hotel and first impression was that this was a beautiful quiet hotel. The room was just a depicted in the photos online. The first issue was at the bar. The cook was lingering at the bar area. When I approached and asked for a menu, he did not return my initial greeting but instead motioned his head to where I can grab one. He then departed back to the kitchen soon after. The individual managing the bar however was very friendly and nice. The food while nice was ridiculously overpriced.

The next problem arose inside the room. I spotted at least three adult size roaches running in the room. I called security at the hotel to explain the matter. They offered to spray the room but it was late and I could not endure the fumes. Ooh yes I called security cause there is no one manning reception past 9pm. And if you have an early morning checkout please square away your bill the day prior.

The price per night was alluring however in hind sight I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: There is nothing within walking distance from this location
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Joy A
Sasha99, Manager at Silver Point Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Joy,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Silver Point Hotel. We appreciate all the feedback as it helps us in our constant effort to achieve client satisfaction .

We would just like to address a few points you made in your review. Firstly, our front desk is open from 7.30 AM to 11PM daily. From time to time security has to assist if the receptionist is otherwise engaged with another guest. Secondly, we do regret to hear that you may have seen cockroaches in your room. However we would like to mention that the entire property is treated regularly in compliance with all local and international regulations. Unfortunately cockroaches are flying insects and sometimes fly into areas even though they have been treated where they would soon meet their demise.

We hope that you nevertheless enjoyed your visit to Barbados.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We visited Silver Point Hotel for the first time on the 5th June 2014 and the staff were so friendly from the second we steppped into the cool A/C'd reception... if you have never been somewhere so humid and hot... you'll understand what I mean when you go.

Let me start with the couple of bad points first, get them out the way.

Dont become to friendly with the locals that tour up and down the beach. They initially come across as a welcome party to the island and strike up a conversation and leave it at that... then as the days go by they will attempt to sell you coconuts for $10BDS for 2 (which, if you speak to Michael... would go to the nearest tree and get you one anyway, for nothing) and to be honest, they arent anything to write home about. As the days continue to go by you will get friends and brothers coming up to you telling you that "you did their friend / brother a favour" and almost expect you to give them money out of sympathy... one man almost every day asked us for money for food... you genuinely feel guilty! - Just remember to be polite and not get anything from them... anything!

Anyway, thats not the hotels fault, i just wanted to flag it and make all you future holiday goers aware.

We had the loft suite in room 316 which was clean, very cool and had Wi-Fi (very important cause none of the rooms connect, 316 does!). Shower is powerful and lots of room, if you have read any of my others reviews you know how important that is!

The room is split into 2 floors, the bedroom being upstairs which is nice as it seperates the living room from the sleeping area. The bed is massive and comfortable and although we didnt sleep well... I believe that was from never adjusting.

The living space consists of a sofa... which turns into another bed, a nice sized LCD with some decent 24/7 movie channels, food network, news and sports etc. There is also a door to the balcony which overlooks the bar and a GOOD view of the sea, I wouldnt say its a partial view.

NOTE: we were upgraded to room 114 for free due to our engagement but although the room was stunning with a front sea view... the A/C wasnt as cool as our room and the shower didnt get hot... word of warning if you end up in 114.

The food, well, the food... was stunning... we ate at the hotel restaurant about 65% of the whole holiday as the food was some of the best we had on the island (and we went to Champers!) - Possibly the best burger I have EVER eaten... ever! The menu is limited and that was the only problem for us. Try the bikini burger or the Konch samosas - Yum!

The location, whilst remote, was not a problem for us. We figured out the local ZR bus route (#11) where they will kindly ask where you are going, knowing you are new to the island, then advise you when you are near your location - very helpful. The hotel is about a 20 minute drive from St Lawrence Gap, 25 minutes from Hastings and maybe 30 - 35 minutes from Bridgetown - depending on the driver.

The pool and sun bathing area is where you can take full advantage... there is a vast amount of double foam sunbeds for two, plenty of shade and a clean swimming pool by the bar. The view is stunning and overlooks the silver sands beach - famous for its watersports and we watched some amazing people making it look SO easy!

I cant thank the staff enough for how kind, attentive and friendly they were throughout our whole trip. We will definitely back in 2015, I hope!

Room Tip: Room 316 has good Wi-Fi connectivity and cold A/C
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Garry87
Martinique
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I traveled here with my friend and we had excellent stay at Silver Point Hotel. Staff was nice and helpful, nice restaurant and bar offers a beautiful view on the ocean.
Great surfers spot!!! Possibility to rent surfing equipment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ZuzStef
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stay at this hotel whenever I visit Barbados on business although its not a business hotel it gives me a relaxing, friendly holiday experience for the short time I am there.. The bar and restaurant staff are the friendliest in the islands and take a personal interest in you right down to playing your fav music at the bar .
Food is international plus Bajun style, different for an international visitor and very tasty especially the breakfast options. There are nice large curtained divans for sunbathing plus an adequate pool if the surf or wind surfing lessons do not appeal. The sound of the surf at night when going to sleep is marvellous.
Just a great relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Look for the specials especially out of the European summer season and grab a unit right on the fron...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rvator
Port Credit
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for 12 days. Although I wouldn't rate the rooms as overly luxurious, it was very clean and had a great view - Oceanfront and served the purpose. The staff at this hotel were simply outstanding. Although I cannot remember all of their names, Brenda, Robert come to mind...all of the service staff were fantastic, accommodating and went out of their way to fill any requests or inquiries we had. The beach was wonderful and it was relaxing to watch all of the kitesurfers from our daybeds on the deck. The weather was absolute perfection every day. Very quiet location. Transportation and getting around the island was an easy walk to grab the local taxis. We ventured to Oistins, the Gap and Bridgetown a few times and it was so easy! Barbados is my favourite Caribbean island, the people definitely make it what it is!

Room Tip: Ocienview if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mary F
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our last night in Barbados on the way back from a week in Bequia. The room was clean, bright, and the king-sized bed in the loft was heavenly. Food for breakfast and lunch was excellent, and the service was perfect and friendly. The beach was divine, and although wavy, we went in swimming many times while watching the numerous kite surfers on this magnificent point.
Our only issue is that there is no elevator although we didn't have any trouble going up and down three floors but with suitcases, it was rather challenging.
Staff throughout the hotel were attentive and helpful. Would stay here again - close to the airport (10 minute drive).

Room Tip: We chose a sea-view room rather than an ocean-front room as we were only there for one night and wer...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Karen K
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

A nice hotel, the room good over looking hotel entrance & car park suprisingly quiet. Only real sound you hear if sitting in your balony is a pleasant greeting at any time of the day from staff. Bar & resturant staff excellent my only let down was to me the set menu, great if you love fish me I don't, so I had a bit of a struggle trying to find something different most nights, dont get me wrong the staff were very willing to mish mash things for me for the kids menu.
Unforuntely the hotel is in a residential area so you need to taxi at night if you want to go out for the evening at $50 for a round trip , (you can hire a car) it mounts up over the 10 days we were their for a, no entertainment at night. The most we ever saw at the bar 10, but most night after 9pm maybe 4 and closes at 11pm. The hotel guest are mostly there for the Kite Surfing great to watch when you are soaking in the sun. With this being our first visit to the Island, I think I would chose another area to stay, with a bit more to offer. We both enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Only for either stopover or Kite Surfers
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Infinity on the Beach
Hilton Barbados Resort
Hilton Barbados Resort
#2 of 8 in Saint Michael Parish

Been to Silver Point Hotel? Share your experiences!