My wife and I spent a week here and were very satisfied with the experience.
1) great location on the beach that you don't really need to leave, but if you want to, there are other great beaches around (Crane/Bottom Bay/etc.). The sand is quite fine, the beach not terribly crowded, but there is more to do than just lay out (though you can do that if you want). There is some of the best kite surfing in the world on this beach, and there are several rental shops in walking distance.
2) the restaurant is pretty good with Bajan staples done pretty well.
3) very convenient to the airport
4) despite being on the southern extreme of the island, if you rent a car, nothing is too far away.
1) As in many places on this and most other islands, reliable internet is found only in the bar/restaurant, though this is a low priority unless you're tethered to your iPhone/laptop, until you need to change a flight/download important papers/etc.
2) Little hard to find if you're not familiar with navigating on the islands. It's worth finding, and once you know where to look for the signs, it's not too hard
3) Bar prices a little steep
Overall a pretty decent value, friendly and conscientious staff, clean room, adequately appointed and secured, great location. Will probably stay here again at least part time when we go back to Barbados.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silver Point Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Point Hotel Barbados/Silver Sands
- Silver Point Christ Church
- Silver Point Barbados