“Pretty good hotel.”

Silver Point Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Silver Sands
“Pretty good hotel.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Not near the strip, which is what I wanted. Can't really saying bad about the place. Was easy to find from the airport. My wife and I rented a car for "cropover" week. Clean quite hotel. WI-FI wasn't the greatest but it was free. Barbados is one of the safest and friendliest islands in the Caribbean! Hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes away from Bridgetown. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mudigha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a great hotel given the value. I stayed for 10 days in Sept. The beach is perfect, and if you want to take a walk around the coast, you get beautiful scenery. You also get to watch people kite surfing. Like most other comments, I loved the cabanas and the staffs were very helpful and friendly.

Prior to leaving, I did some research on trip advisor and someone had mentioned that they took the local bus to get back and forth as the hotel is further out from the center. I followed the advice and as I was on vacation, I took the mini vans all over the place. It was definitely a lot cheaper and I also got a taste of Bajan life and rhythms.

Also, I am a single woman who was traveling alone and I felt completely safe while staying at the hotel and walking around the area, even at night.

My room was clean, I liked the decor (dark wood), had a private balcony and a fridge. The safe seemed pretty secure and the bathroom had nice fixtures.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank GlobalNomadTWK
Beautiful Barbados
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love this place. It's pretty, very private. The food is great and the staff is warm and friendly!
I especially love the view of the ocean with the wind and kite sailing. How spectacular to watch while having breakfast or lunch. AND, the cabanas, WOW, tropical and lovely. The perfect place for a relaxing vacation with your spouse!

Room Tip: Always choose the ocean view. Lovely to wake up to this.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allison040
Mandeville, Jamaica
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the furniture was, the bathroom was nice and the water is hot. The beach is perfect for surfing and kite surfing. Deaction surf shop is right next door. Brian is pleasant, and helpful. The location is not the best so, a car is highly reccommended, if u want to go anywhere because it is not in the heart of things. The staff is freindly and they have a good resteraunt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed there one week in August 2012. This hotel is a good option of a nice valued and trendy boutique hotel. My stay there was very calm. The staff is friendly and helpful.
The only thing you should know before book a room at this hotel is it's far away from Bridgetown and the beaches of the west coast. You better book a car to explore the island. If you choose to go by taxi or bus it will be more dificult and expensive maybe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had a fantastic time at Silverpoint, and I would definitely go again. The service was fantastic, everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. The food is great, particularly local dishes. Our room was great, with big, comfortable beds, big terrace with an amazing view, and a sizeable living area. A lot of people seem to be concerned by the town and locals, I can assure you everything is okay on that front. The locals may seem intimidating at first, but they are all sweet and not troublesome. You may have heard about drug dealers, but they re all gone now. You will only be sold things like coconuts, shells an jewellery on that beach, (which is beautiful, might I add). You have to embrace the locals, we went to a local football match down the road, we were actually welcomed by the commentator through the speaker, and everyone was very friendly, it was a great experience. It's true, the hotel is isolated, but that is what I think makes it special. Plus, there are services available no more than ten minutes away. All of the kite surfers are experts. There are lessons in kitesurfing, surfing, windsurfing and paddle boarding available, (as well as rentals), from either de action brand, which you can find to the left when you turn out of the main complex, and endless, which you can find to the right. I have used both and i would recommend you to both.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Felix I
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I went to this hotel back in June with a close friend of mine and we had an amazing time. The service was excellent and the staff went above and beyond to enhance our Barbados experience. The staff is very resourceful. They were helpful with directions, transportation, and restaurant options. The Hotel Manager, Samantha was helpful in ordering my friend a birthday cake and coordinating spa services. After a relaxing massage we went back out to the beach to sun bathe while being served the best libations the island could offer. The bartender, Richelle is funny, entertaining, and makes great daiquiris. Our last night we stayed in one of the Ocean Front Suites. Hearing the waves crashing was like a lullaby after a dinner at "Cafe Luna"...an elegant restaurant nearby that the hotel was able to get us reservations for. The onsite pool is large and very clean. The hotel's restaurant has a dinner menu that a "foodie" would appreciate. We love this place.They should change their name to "Platinum Point Hotel".

Room Tip: Ocean Front Suites
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hilton Barbados Resort
Hilton Barbados Resort
#2 of 8 in Saint Michael Parish
Coconut Court Beach Hotel

Been to Silver Point Hotel? Share your experiences!