We're just back from a 10 day stay at Thudufushi. It was our first trip to the Maldives and despite sometimes the 'bad' weather (out of 10, we had 4 days where it was rainy), we absolutely loved it :-). We stayed in a water villa which was a wonderful experience and makes you sometimes feel like you're on a boat, especially with some stormy weather as you can feel the gentle shaking of the villa. We had our breakfast on the terrace deck, no better way to start the day. Lunch and dinner were served in the à la carte restaurant - this was really top class delicious food. The overall restaurant experience could be improved a bit: sometimes we had to wait quite long for our drinks and we noticed that waiters at other tables seemed a bit friendlier and cheerful. The island itself is quite tiny, but there's enough to do if you're up for it; the water sports & dive centers have very friendly and knowledgeable staff and offer a wide variety of things to do. Also every evening, some animation activity is foreseen. Aside from the welcome cocktail, we did not partake in any of them, since we enjoyed just staying in the peace and quiet of our terrace. This resort gets 5 stars without any doubt. It will be very hard for us to top this holiday and we're dreaming of going back already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kick off your shoes and unwind at Diamonds Thudufushi, a little piece of paradise on its own private island in the Maldives. Set on a white sand island within the turquoise waters of a shallow lagoon, Diamonds Thudufushi offers luxurious accommodation and outstanding levels of service. Located on the south-western rim of Ari Atoll, just a 35-minute seaplane flight south of Male' International Airport, the resort is secluded and tranquil, providing optimum privacy in unspoilt surroundings. The natural beauty of the island has been retained and enhanced. Beach Bungalows have individual verandas and private beachfronts along the coral-sand shore. Experience the diversity of the Maldives by pairing your visit with a stay at Diamonds Thudufushi, offering intimate village charm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Diamonds Thudufushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach And Water Villas
- Diamonds Thudufushi Beach & Water Villas Hotel Thudufushi Island
- Thudufushi Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Diamonds Thudufushi Thudufushi Island, Maldives